AR - Christina Marie Pipkin, 10, kidnapped and murdered, selling jewelry, Jackson County, 4 May 1991

Atmy03

Reaction score
My father in law was tried for this murder in 2000 but the case was dismissed due to evidence mishandling and the wrong DNA being sent for testing. I’ve found several articles on the trial and the evidence mixup but never any article on why police suspected foul play to begin with and what evidence they had against him other than a statement by his (now deceased) wife. Any information would be helpful. The case is still considered unsolved.
Here’s some of the basic info:
His name Robbie Tubbs Sr
Victim name Christina Pipkin
Location Jackson County Arkansas
Date May 4, 1991

Also, here’s a link to an article when the case was dismissed. I’d like to see the case solved and either see my father in law cleared or charged and successfully prosecuted.

A HAIR'S BREATH -- Botched test ends murder case

The Prosecutor's office in Jackson County probably has a Victim Advocate.

As a family member of the accused, you are also a victim. The Victim Advocate should be able to point you toward the information you're seeking.

Any other newspaper articles you can find -- a university in Arkansas probably has a copy (or microfilm or scan) of every newspaper in the state. You may find a good deal of information there.

Keep us informed, please.

My father in law was tried for this murder in 2000 but the case was dismissed due to evidence mishandling and the wrong DNA being sent for testing. I’ve found several articles on the trial and the evidence mixup but never any article on why police suspected foul play to begin with and what evidence they had against him other than a statement by his (now deceased) wife. Any information would be helpful. The case is still considered unsolved.
His name Robbie Tubbs Sr
Date May 4, 1991

Also, here’s a link to an article when the case was dismissed. I’d like to see the case solved and either see my father in law cleared or charged and successfully prosecuted.

From the article, if I may:

"HICKORY RIDGE, Ark. -- James Pipkin held his thumb and index finger less than an inch apart -- how close, he says, a prosecutor came to getting the man who kidnapped and killed his 9-year-old daughter nine years ago."

~~snip~~

"Christina Marie Pipkin was kidnapped and killed May 4, 1991, while selling jewelry door-to-door for a school fund-raiser. Her body was found five days later in a nearby irrigation ditch -- matching a prediction Tubbs allegedly made earlier to his wife."

~~snip~~

"Although the correct strand of hair eventually was sent to the FBI, its laboratory couldn't extract sufficient DNA material from it, Long said. That left prosecutors without physical evidence linking Tubbs to the crime -- and without a case."

~~snip~~

"Sandra Tubbs said her husband told her the night of the abduction that searchers would never find the girl because there were too many irrigation canals in which the girl could drown. The remark was made, she said, long before Christina was found drowned in a canal.

The case went Tubbs' way from the start. Sandra Tubbs died in 1993 and the judge refused to let her statement be used against the defendant. Then the mistake with the hair gutted the state's case
."

Reading the article does lead you to a series of misplays, or plain bad luck. Or good luck, depending on your viewpoint.

That is truly a shame about the hair DNA. If only..... All IMHO :)

The Prosecutor's office in Jackson County probably has a Victim Advocate.

As a family member of the accused, you are also a victim. The Victim Advocate should be able to point you toward the information you're seeking.

Any other newspaper articles you can find -- a university in Arkansas probably has a copy (or microfilm or scan) of every newspaper in the state. You may find a good deal of information there.

Keep us informed, please.
Thanks

"HICKORY RIDGE, Ark. -- James Pipkin held his thumb and index finger less than an inch apart -- how close, he says, a prosecutor came to getting the man who kidnapped and killed his 9-year-old daughter nine years ago."

~~snip~~

"Christina Marie Pipkin was kidnapped and killed May 4, 1991, while selling jewelry door-to-door for a school fund-raiser. Her body was found five days later in a nearby irrigation ditch -- matching a prediction Tubbs allegedly made earlier to his wife."

~~snip~~

"Although the correct strand of hair eventually was sent to the FBI, its laboratory couldn't extract sufficient DNA material from it, Long said. That left prosecutors without physical evidence linking Tubbs to the crime -- and without a case."

~~snip~~

"Sandra Tubbs said her husband told her the night of the abduction that searchers would never find the girl because there were too many irrigation canals in which the girl could drown. The remark was made, she said, long before Christina was found drowned in a canal.

The case went Tubbs' way from the start. Sandra Tubbs died in 1993 and the judge refused to let her statement be used against the defendant. Then the mistake with the hair gutted the state's case
."

Reading the article does lead you to a series of misplays, or plain bad luck. Or good luck, depending on your viewpoint.

It gets further creepy by the fact that Sandra (the wife and only person who heard this confession) was killed 2 years to the day from when the little girl was during a botched robbery by two teens. I’ve looked and looked and he was never linked to that. Very convenient for him though that she couldn’t testify.

Thanks

It gets further creepy by the fact that Sandra (the wife and only person who heard this confession) was killed 2 years to the day from when the little girl was during a botched robbery by two teens. I’ve looked and looked and he was never linked to that. Very convenient for him though that she couldn’t testify.
If I may ask; What happen to RDT's second wife?

Where was Robbie went the robbery and murder of Sandra Ellen Woods Tubbs occurred?
If I may ask; What did Robbie do other than a commercial fisherman?

~~snip~~

~~snip~~

~~snip~~

."

His name Robbie Tubbs Sr
Date May 4, 1991

Do you know if your father in law ever lived or worked in Colorado? Possibly in the 1980s?

Where was Robbie went the robbery and murder of Sandra Ellen Woods Tubbs occurred?
If I may ask; What did Robbie do other than a commercial fisherman?

He was checking turtle nets. He was seen by a local farmer. I’ve got the entire police report on his wife’s murder including the confessions of both boys. He has had many other jobs. Never anything really legit.

He was checking turtle nets. He was seen by a local farmer. I’ve got the entire police report on his wife’s murder including the confessions of both boys. He has had many other jobs. Never anything really legit.
Thanks.
I am friends with Christina's cousin. I found out about Christina murder a few years ago.
A guy on "Topix" Posted there was 2 people involved with Christina's murder. Do you know if there is any truth to this?
He didn't tell me anymore than that. He was kinda a smart ***. So I stopped posting on Topix. Now Topix has changed, so all the post are gone.

His name Robbie Tubbs Sr
Date May 4, 1991

Do you know what Robbie's job was, when Christina was kidnapped and murdered?

Do you know what Robbie's job was, when Christina was kidnapped and murdered?

I believe he was doing fishing and turtling at the time. I’m not saying he’s a fine stand up citizen but child killer idk. Has your family ever said what their evidence was as to why she was murdered and not just drowned? She couldn’t swim. Maybe she just fell in and drowned. Feel free to text me 8702140089

Thanks.
I am friends with Christina's cousin. I found out about Christina murder a few years ago.
A guy on "Topix" Posted there was 2 people involved with Christina's murder. Do you know if there is any truth to this?
He didn't tell me anymore than that. He was kinda a smart ***. So I stopped posting on Topix. Now Topix has changed, so all the post are gone.

BBM

LE may be able to recover those posts.

JMHO YMMV LRR

upload_2020-3-22_8-48-41.jpeg

His name Robbie Tubbs Sr
Date May 4, 1991

Have you ever spoken to him about this or has he ever said anything about it?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back