Found Deceased UK - Leah Croucher, 19, Emerson Valley, Milton Keynes, 14 Feb 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thames Valley Police‏Verified account @ThamesVP

MISSING TEENAGER

*Two month appeal to find Leah Croucher* New appeal after reports from witnesses of a female near Furzton Lake

To provide information, visit https://mymsg.eu/5r5x Reference 43190049929 Full appeal here https://mymsg.eu/5r5y

D4LwTovWsAEso4i.jpg

D4LwT11WAAAs9PO.jpg

D4LwUD7W0AArGAs.jpg

D4LwUT2W4AAm0Fv.jpg

Thames Valley Police on Twitter

The description of the coat the first witness saw the woman was wearing by the lake matches exactly the one Leah is wearing in the picture. Also this first witness has got her age and height more or less correct so i do think that this was probably Leah that was seen that morning by Furzton Lake. Question is - what happened next?

The description of the coat the first witness saw the woman was wearing by the lake matches exactly the one Leah is wearing in the picture. Also this first witness has got her age and height more or less correct so i do think that this was probably Leah that was seen that morning by Furzton Lake. Question is - what happened next?

She was seen by the sports pavilion and then near Premier Inn 20 minutes later, by a couple who were walking anti-clockwise round the lake. That's about a half mile walk. If you go clockwise instead, Pavilion to PremInn is about a mile. So which direction was Leah walking in when they saw her? Would be useful to know as it would probably dictate where she was heading.

She was seen by the sports pavilion and then near Premier Inn 20 minutes later, by a couple who were walking anti-clockwise round the lake. That's about a half mile walk. If you go clockwise instead, Pavilion to PremInn is about a mile. So which direction was Leah walking in when they saw her? Would be useful to know as it would probably dictate where she was heading.

Yes it would be good to know which way Leah was heading. Of course there's the possibility that she just walked around the lake while she was having the phone conversation, then once the call ended she could have gone in any direction from there.

Yes it would be good to know which way Leah was heading. Of course there's the possibility that she just walked around the lake while she was having the phone conversation, then once the call ended she could have gone in any direction from there.

I'm also really interested in the way in which she was walking. They said they searched all of the lakes right? I remember a helicopter search over Caldecotte lake a few weeks back? We assumed it was for Leah.

As for the witnesses, I wonder too if they came forward before or after the investigation was launched. If before, then surely it could really have been Leah? If after, they may have been swayed by the images released of her clothing etc.?

The phone thing is bugging me. My sisters job means that she is involved in a lot of (secret) stuff I obviously can't talk about, but after a conversation with her, I found out that you can in fact find out any phone number that beamed to whichever cell tower at any certain time. You can also track any phone - doesn't matter the model - so what they said previously about it being untraceable isn't right. The fact that it was turned off - different story. They should be able to find out where the phone last beamed to before it was turned off however - not sure if they already said where it was?

I wonder how long ago these sightings were and whether the couple and single person who saw her reported the sightings at the same time or whether they were reported days apart.
Have the police released this information to the press after investigating them or because they want any other witnesses to come forward?

I'm also really interested in the way in which she was walking. They said they searched all of the lakes right? I remember a helicopter search over Caldecotte lake a few weeks back? We assumed it was for Leah.

As for the witnesses, I wonder too if they came forward before or after the investigation was launched. If before, then surely it could really have been Leah? If after, they may have been swayed by the images released of her clothing etc.?

The phone thing is bugging me. My sisters job means that she is involved in a lot of (secret) stuff I obviously can't talk about, but after a conversation with her, I found out that you can in fact find out any phone number that beamed to whichever cell tower at any certain time. You can also track any phone - doesn't matter the model - so what they said previously about it being untraceable isn't right. The fact that it was turned off - different story. They should be able to find out where the phone last beamed to before it was turned off however - not sure if they already said where it was?

Whilst it’s possible it doesn’t always have a legal justification

The police can track a phone by either number or imei. However, they can only ask mobile providers for records on specific phones where they know the user was a victim, suspect or witness. If Leah had a second phone and the police don't know the details of it, nothing can be done.

The police can't ask for records from a particular mast; it could be hundreds of numbers and goes against data protection.
Hmmm. If you need to know the provider, I wonder if it could be as simple as Leah had a second SIM.

The info that mobile providers hold (all the phone numbers that accessed a mast at a certain time) and what the police can obtain are 2 different things. LE will know when the phone was turned off from the provider, and which mast it last connected to.

The info that mobile providers hold (all the phone numbers that accessed a mast at a certain time) and what the police can obtain are 2 different things. LE will know when the phone was turned off from the provider, and which mast it last connected to.

Okay cool. Thank you! Did they ever release where it was last connected to?

The reward was for ‘information leading to Leah being found’ according to a tweet or something that was from TVP.

I don’t think these sightings were embellished for reward purposes. I think they are probably genuine people genuinely thinking they saw Leah, regardless of when they were actually reported. I do think rewards generate a bit more interest in cases in general.

I'm thinking out loud.
IF the 3 new witnesses saw Leah (IF it was her)...and she was on the phone (between 9.30am and 11.15am)...then logic dictates that the person she was talking to knows she was alive after the last confirmed sighting at around 08.15am.
So why have they not come forward?
Do they know where she is, and what has happened to her? If not, why not come forward?
Where is her phone? I take it, it is missing. Any thoughts?

I'm thinking out loud.
IF the 3 new witnesses saw Leah (IF it was her)...and she was on the phone...then logic dictates that the person she was talking to knows she was alive after the last confirmed sighting at around 08.15am.
Do they know where she is, and what has happened to her? If not, why not come forward?
Agree!! If it is Leah - which sounds very likely.

In regards to people knowing, perhaps some consider it disloyal to share a friend ect closest secrets no matter what, its common knowledge that some people consider going to the police (against a friend's wishes) 'grassing' I think is the common term. AMOO

I'm thinking out loud.
IF the 3 new witnesses saw Leah (IF it was her)...and she was on the phone...then logic dictates that the person she was talking to knows she was alive after the last confirmed sighting at around 08.15am.
a) Secret lovers
b) Respecting her desire to run away
c) She may not want to go back home/ family issues/ emotional conflicts (may be perceived and not argumentative in nature)
d) His family would disown him if cultural OR Existing relationship issues (maybe perceived and not factually the case)
e) They/She are too afraid, feel they've caused too much trouble.
AMOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members