SPAIN - Daniel, 46, & Liam Poole, 22, British tourists, Estepona, Malaga, 1 Apr 2019

Off to Africa, among other options.
They might still be in Spain, hiding perhaps, but we don't even know if they still are together.

In fact, they may have quietly returned to the UK.

IMHO it is in everyone's best interest that they are located soon.

The mother has said that Interpol are involved, however neither of them are shown on the Interpol yellow notices on the website, these are for missing people. Would this be because they are subject to a police investigation connected to a crime, rather than just missing???

wondering if they did go to Alicante....

Britons detained following N-332 car chase | Costa News

Parental misguidance | Costa News
this is the article about the father and son arrested for trying to smuggle cannabis into the UK, i think the full story was on another paper, but such a coincidence.

The full story lists a different age for the father, plus the son would have been wanted by the courts in Murcia. Why go to Murcia when you are wanted there?

Sofar, there is no info that this would have been them.

Plus, under current laws in all European coutries, they would have had right to a counsel, who would have informed the next of kin, and the embassy for support.

Social media rumor and other info stated as fact with no supporting MSM links are not allowed.

Posts discussing Facebook info have been removed.

Please review The Rules: Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc

Also, no sleuthing of family members, including their social media accounts. Read The Rules: Etiquette & Information

If you have questions about those rules, please private message a moderator for clarification.

Last edited:
Their hotel is a golf resort. Did Daniel & Liam play golf? Did they take their clubs with them? Was anything left in their room? Where are their passports? Any CCTV?

Strange lack of basic information and I can't find anything on social media from the family. Wonder if they have been told to keep things quiet in case there's something sinister going on.
This is my brother and nephew and have been told the Spanish police have been very slow as to do anything as well as passing information on

This is my brother and nephew and have been told the Spanish police have been very slow as to do anything as well as passing information on

Welcome, Pooleinquiry. Sorry about what's going on with Danny and Liam. What's your gut feeling about what has happened to them? There is a lot of conflicting information out there and barely any official news, you must be feeling very frustrated!

Lauryn, I am sorry about what you and your family are going through, it is a horrible place to be "NOT KNOWING" I am one of the members here that had a missing person in my family, I wouldn't wish it on anyone. I hope yours turns out better than mine.

Social media can be great tool. People always say things, some helpful, some not, some offensive. The worst thing you can do is get defensive and respond to them, you are just provoking more backlash. I saw it on the Sussex Police FB page. My advice to you: do not respond to any of it. Just read what the helpful people suggest or new ideas, take note follow thru. It's upsetting enough to go through this, stop making it worse by feeding into peoples BS don't lower yourself to it. You have to accept it's part of social media. Unfortunately you get the bad with the good, but there are many more concerned and helpful people out there than the jerks. Concentrate on the good tips and info you get and put your energy into that for a resolve.

As far as web sleuths go, it's people just doing that "sleuthing" throwing around ideas for discussion on the forum. It doesn't mean that is the case with your Dad and brother, members are just kicking it around. I am not going into all the successful resolves that web sleuthing has had, but there have been plenty. In addition a lot of contributions i.e. Carl K, the artist that has put faces to the unidentified which gave them their name back. So don't knock this crazy hobby of ours "sleuthing". It pays in ways that you will never know. Perhaps for me I feel like I am trying to help and giving back after what I went through. Or to connect with others that understand and have gone through the same experience as I have.

I wish your family the best in finding a resolve in this very soon, as well as a great outcome. Never give up, always have hope without it, you have nothing.

IMO, this is a very nice post.

I am sorry, with all due respect for the family and friends of Daniel and Liam,but with all those post from family and confidential insight post,it seems to me that LE/EU should exchange the info for a better outcome...
To be honest,I do believe.. ..there is more, than meets the eye!
MOO

Hi all! Just joining this thread.

They were looking to put a deposit down on a property, and they were hoping to find one while they were away there.

My hunch is something happened to Daniel and Liam either while looking at a property or they had a car accident.

I hope @Laurynpoole has reached out to some of the people/organizations that can help the family, especially the Lucy Blackman Trust.

In theory yes, but the press sometimes do make mistakes with ages that they publish. To me it seems a strange coincidence so I haven't ruled it out completely, although there is a lot of denial from others that it is them.

Surely if they were knocked the British consulate would know as well as the uk police so there must be another theory

Yes you would think so, especially by now, must be incredibly frustrating and worrying for you all.

Do you have anyone around you that speaks Spanish fluently, just wondering if they could make some phone calls for you to help? Perhaps contact the court in Murcia who would have the records of those people, so you would know for sure it wasn't them, it is weird this was reported but there doesn't seem to be any further information, but i don't think spanish media is particularly reliable.

The only thing that could be possible is that the police are not saying anything, in case they jeopardise a part of an investigation, involving perhaps others in the UK, not saying that is true but could be a theory.

Obviously it is helpful the family are shedding more light onto the situation on here, but do you know if anyone has collected their luggage from the hotel in Spain, if they left passports or money behind? and if their hire car has been recovered at all? Establishing people's whereabouts is very hard if they are trying not to be found, but if you have any access to their emails or financial records, you would be able to see if they are accessing monies?

Also the person that commented about 'smoke and mirrors' i think that is really unfair. What is more likely is that different family members may have been given different reasons for the trip, and that is what is coming out now, it does add weight to the theory though that this wasn't just a few days rest in the sun, although looking for a property or car shouldn't be something that leads to this, i think that's why people are trying to establish possible theories as to other things that could have happened.

Thinking of you all

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back