SPAIN - Daniel, 46, & Liam Poole, 22, British tourists, Estepona, Malaga, 1 Apr 2019

What about the hire car, Pooleinquiry? Lauryn thought they may have hired one but surely that would be easy to check and ascertain if the car was returned?

Also, have their belongings been collected from the hotel room and were their passports there?

Also I wasn’t aware the trip was for a property my brother often travels abroad for cars as he has a car sales business in the uk

I wondered about that one, Pooleinquiry, welcome here. Wouldn't the steering wheel be on the wrong side and how easy is that to fix?

Btw agree 100% that if they had been arrested, you would know it by now. Rule of law applies and Spanish police cannot hide people in secret detention.

Also, you don't need a separate sim card to buy cars, if the story of the sim cards is true.

What about the hire car, Pooleinquiry? Lauryn thought they may have hired one but surely that would be easy to check and ascertain if the car was returned?

Also, have their belongings been collected from the hotel room and were their passports there?
As far as I’m aware we were not allowed to collect belongings until Spanish police had been to there room and not sure if they had got a hire car yet

As far as I’m aware we were not allowed to collect belongings until Spanish police had been to there room and not sure if they had got a hire car yet

But their things can't still be in the hotel room, have the police not been there yet as if so that is crazy!

If they hired a car they might have had an accident somewhere. Is that being looked into?

I have never known a case where there is so little information almost 3 weeks in!

Do you think they could have been scammed or robbed for their money?

But their things can't still be in the hotel room, have the police not been there yet as if so that is crazy!

If they hired a car they might have had an accident somewhere. Is that being looked into?

I have never known a case where there is so little information almost 3 weeks in!

Do you think they could have been scammed or robbed for their money?

I think the likelihood of a car accident is very slim, Estepona, San Pedro, Duquesa, Puerto Banus, and all the surrounding areas like Behavis are very touristy and busy, it's the easter holidays and there would be a lot of people around out there, so I think it is an unlikely situation, or if there had been an accident they would have been found by now.

Have the spanish or british police offered any theory or other information to the family that has not been reported in the press?

Agree so little information, nothing concrete given out, why no statement from spanish police, why no info about passports or money. No further posts from Sussex police either?

With the exchange rate so poor I would not think there would be any profit in buying cars abroad for a business in England.

Just read through the case for the first time.

The thing I dont understand is why Spain police cannot provide the family members more information about the room they were staying in.

The police need to be able to tell the family if all their luggage and personal belongings were still in the room or not. Or even the hotel should be able to provide that information.

Its a yes or no question and police and hotel need to answer that. Because if any of their stuff was still in room then there could be valuable clues in that stuff.

If I was family members I would pursue getting that information from police and hotel and if they refuse to provide it then I would hire a lawyer or private investigator to force the information from authorities.

The least they can do is tell the family about their luggage and stuff. Those are personal belongings that belong to the family and if police are going through them for evidence then they need to let the family know whats going on about it. Could be clues there in that stuff.

If its all missing then that is another clue.
Police and hotel owe that information about it to the family.

There is nothing in MSM or from LE to indicate that these missing individuals are somehow responsible for their own disappearance.

excerpt from The Rules: Etiquette & Information

VICTIM FRIENDLY

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way, and only when such behavior is relevant to the case.

The "victim friendly" rule extends to the family members of victims and suspects. Sleuthing family members, friends, and others who have not been designated as suspects is not allowed. Don't make random accusations, suggest their involvement, nor bash and attack them. Posting their personal information, including names, addresses, and background data -- even if it is public -- is not allowed. That does not mean, however, that statements made by family members and other third parties cannot come into discussion as the facts of the case are reported in the media.

Posts that are not victim friendly have been removed. If it continues, there will be consequences. Post accordingly.

Noting.. rbbm. Wondering if the D and L Poole might have let down their guard if confronted by women? speculation, imo.
April 20 2019
British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses 'priceless' personal mementos from dead daughter - Olive Press News Spain
"A BRITISH expat is considering leaving Spain after being robbed twice in a Mercadona in just 10 days.

The 55-year-old, from Portsmouth, is demanding extra security be installed at the supermarket in La Cala de Mijas after having hundreds robbed from her purse alongside ‘priceless’ mementos of her dead daughter.

The mum-of-three, who is too scared of reprisals to be named, added that she was appalled by the lack of care shown by the store."
“Three women cornered me and I didn’t take notice of it at first thinking they were just in my way. But then a minute or so later I checked my bag and they had somehow cut open the zip and taken the purse out."
"Another British man also complained that a group of women had tried to take his wife’s purse on the same day."

Noting.. rbbm. Wondering if the D and L Poole might have let down their guard if confronted by women? speculation, imo.
April 20 2019
British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses 'priceless' personal mementos from dead daughter - Olive Press News Spain
"A BRITISH expat is considering leaving Spain after being robbed twice in a Mercadona in just 10 days.

The 55-year-old, from Portsmouth, is demanding extra security be installed at the supermarket in La Cala de Mijas after having hundreds robbed from her purse alongside ‘priceless’ mementos of her dead daughter.

The mum-of-three, who is too scared of reprisals to be named, added that she was appalled by the lack of care shown by the store."
“Three women cornered me and I didn’t take notice of it at first thinking they were just in my way. But then a minute or so later I checked my bag and they had somehow cut open the zip and taken the purse out."
"Another British man also complained that a group of women had tried to take his wife’s purse on the same day."

Not the sort of crime they would become a victim of. Unless of course they keep their purse in their handbags and allow themselves to be cornered by women. They are not the target group of these women IMHO.

And even if they were, this is not the kind of crime that would stop them from contacting their families.

Not the sort of crime they would become a victim of. Unless of course they keep their purse in their handbags and allow themselves to be cornered by women. They are not the target group of these women IMHO.

And even if they were, this is not the kind of crime that would stop them from contacting their families.

i agree would not add up as they haven't made contact with family. this is not going anywhere, we don't have the simple facts to start with.

also about the chance of the looking at cars theory, i see the cars that D.Poole is selling are not classics. saying that it doesn't rule this out completely.

we need some more to go on,

reason for this trip?
personal items at the hotel or not?
rental car found or returned?
any cctv at the hotel or internet cafe or anywhere around them areas

without this its a dead end at this point.

hopefully something or they will turn up

i agree would not add up as they haven't made contact with family. this is not going anywhere, we don't have the simple facts to start with.

also about the chance of the looking at cars theory, i see the cars that D.Poole is selling are not classics. saying that it doesn't rule this out completely.

we need some more to go on,

reason for this trip?
personal items at the hotel or not?
rental car found or returned?
any cctv at the hotel or internet cafe or anywhere around them areas

without this its a dead end at this point.

hopefully something or they will turn up

Agree with the above.

Any of you that have followed lots of missing persons cases, would you say the lack of media posts was strange? Doesn't seem to have been anything in the press since the original articles, apart from the article in The Olive Press in Spain - which seems to have a bad rep for sensationalism and fake news. Nothing posted on social media recently, no updates from Sussex Police, or at the very least i would have thought they would have reposted their appeal once or twice in the last few weeks, nothing on missing people or missing pages on social media? Weird?

Update:

Belongings found in hotel room
Passports included
Hire care been reported stolen, not found, purchased by them.

A hire did get was purchased. A Peugeot, has been reported stolen.Dad seen driving it from the hotel Tuesday morning.
Cctv footage confirms.

Tuesday morning. confirms my dad driving the Peugeot out of the Hotel car park, leaving the hotel Tuesday morning.

They were seen (and bank transactions) at a
restaurant/bar the Monday night.
Awaiting CCTV footage from the bar (assuming police already have it)

Lots of false sitings. No confirmed yet apart from in a cafe on the Monday afternoon.

No hard evidence to confirm exactly what they were doing in Spain. (referring to someone who asked) I can’t confirm with anything that they were going to look at property’s, cars, with any evidence.

Although I can tell you what my dad has told me, he went out there to look for a property which I trust.

Lack of media coverage has been advised by police in england as they are being led by the Spanish police. I have contacted most places online to get some sort of report out there.
Olive press is inaccurate The girlfriend of Liam and my dads Ex Partner Tara have not flown out to Spain.
Also information on the posts seems to be inaccurate, things we haven’t said etc although I can only speak for myself.

They came over to my house to explain this kind of information.
And they were keen to find out whether it was a possibility they done a runner for a set up of new life (which was speculated here aswell) Of course I expressed how highly unlikely I think this theory is.
English police inspector has been out to Spain to talk with Spanish police too. Has reassured us that a lot is going on to investigate, but passing on information, certain processes with finding out information is slower than the system we have here.

I would imagine if my dad and brother had any intent of crossing seas/borders they would have bought their Passports.
I’ve been told it wouldn’t be impossible to cross without them however I think if it was intended by my dad and Liam they would have bought them anyway, why not?

Again I would say yes we’ve hit some sort of dead end as mentioned above. But this is what I know.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back