OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#46

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I posted this previously. If you were involved in any part of a crime, you get charged as if you did it.

If the driver, or any person, had prior knowledge of the crime to be committed, and did something to encourage or assist the main actor to commit the crime, he is a principal and the law treats him as if he did all the things the other person did, if he knew the crime would be committed, and did some act or said some word to assist the person to commit the crime. There are plenty of people in the slammer, not only for robbery, but for the homicide committed during the robbery, even though they had no knowledge that their armed buddies were going to shoot anyone.
https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/the-getaway-driver/
word.

No traffic tickets was interesting, and few places take any checks anymore from anyone. Her lawyer stated they took so much time trying so many accounts and passwords, why would that be necessary if she had them printed already? I think she dug her own hole with “already printed them and should have brought them”. I feel at that time (grand jury) she didn’t think her family would be indicted. Her words came back to bite her.

Case Number: TRD 1402971
Defendant(s): Wagner, Fredericka

• 10/02/2014
    • CASE WAS FILED WITH COURT
    • CASE SET FOR A ARRAIGNMENT ON 10/15/2014 AT 9:00 AM

• 10/08/2014
    • FINE AMOUNT $30.00
    • MOVING VIOLATION COSTS ON OR AFTER 10/16/09 $80.00
    • PAYMENT - RECEIPT NO. 1405590 IN THE AMOUNT OF $ 110.00
    • DEF. PLED GUILTY, FOUND G, FINE 30.00, SUSP
    • COSTS 80.00, SUSP
    • SPECIAL CONDITIONS:
    • BOND FORFEITUR

Thanks for finding this. I went back to Fred's arraignment hearing to hear exactly what her attorney said about the traffic tickets.......QUOTE :

"......never even gotten a parking ticket, a speeding ticket, any kind......."

Adams County Pike County; lay preachers, stolen goods, William “E” “Billy”
Scratches head :confused:

I believe this may be an alias of G4. I'm showing an association w/G4's maternal g-grandmother. That may not mean anything, but I've two peebles addresses, one a p.o. box, the other at 260 peterson, and another is the Bethel address.

I wonder about the timing. Why were they in such a hurry to commit the murders in April 2016? What was so urgent about that date? Why not wait longer? There is some reason for the timing...o_O

They'd already been planning and waiting for awhile, and they probably already had to switch up their plans when DR got the new trailer. They also have to wait until the baby is born, after which, there is a good chance that HMR would have been going back to work soon. There are quite a few women who return to work within two weeks of giving birth. If she went back to work, and she and DR were on differing shifts, it could make it much more difficult to put their plan into motion. Spitballing.

My 2 Cents .........

Maybe it took 8 months to "find" the receipts because there are no receipts or there are receipts but Fred doesn't want the prosecution to see them---so she waited as long as possible then turned over phony receipts.

Trial dates set for Newcomb, Wagner - Portsmouth Daily Times

"......Owen asked for the dismissal of the case saying his client had been charged with a crime that was not committed. “We want the court to take a fresh look,” Owen said. “It’s a matter of law.”

Canepa responded by saying the documentation that was given to the court showing when and how the bullet proof vests were purchased was not authentic. “We need to look at all four corners of the indictment,” Canepa said. She said there is much more to the case than Owen was putting before the court and asked Deering to over rule the motion......"
This article dates march 29. The defense provided a copy of paypal or ebay records. The State needs to very it's authentic directly with ebay and paypal. This is what I understand from the statement "the documentation was not authentic". She did not say these documents were forged. She probably did not know that then.

Any printed copy of an internet purchase needs to be authenticated.

As for "needs to look at the four corners" and "there is more to this case", we would hope so. So far it's thin.

No traffic tickets was interesting, and few places take any checks anymore from anyone. Her lawyer stated they took so much time trying so many accounts and passwords, why would that be necessary if she had them printed already? I think she dug her own hole with “already printed them and should have brought them”. I feel at that time (grand jury) she didn’t think her family would be indicted. Her words came back to bite her.

Case Number: TRD 1402971
Defendant(s): Wagner, Fredericka

• 10/02/2014
    • CASE WAS FILED WITH COURT
    • CASE SET FOR A ARRAIGNMENT ON 10/15/2014 AT 9:00 AM

• 10/08/2014
    • FINE AMOUNT $30.00
    • MOVING VIOLATION COSTS ON OR AFTER 10/16/09 $80.00
    • PAYMENT - RECEIPT NO. 1405590 IN THE AMOUNT OF $ 110.00
    • DEF. PLED GUILTY, FOUND G, FINE 30.00, SUSP
    • COSTS 80.00, SUSP
    • SPECIAL CONDITIONS:
    • BOND FORFEITUR

BBM
I just have to say, I've never rec'd a traffic ticket. I've been pulled over, but have never rec'd a ticket. Also, in small towns, a lot of people do still give checks. I live in a small town, maybe a little bigger than Piketon, and giving checks is still quite common. Some merchants here won't take credit cards b/c the fees involved eat into their profit margin. Most of the businesses here are small, and locally owned.

Good question Tiff, but then I thought:
What if the reporter quoted Canepa wrong and she actually didn't say that the receipts were not authentic.

So I went back and listened to the hearing and Canepa did not say that the receipts were "not authentic"....... Here's what she said:

"There's much more to this case than what's been presented here. Simply putting it in writing and attaching it as an exhibit, making it an attachment to your Motion, does not make it authenticated, it does not make it something that is admissible....."

At the end she said QUOTE:

" ........we do not stipulate to the authenticity to anything he has attached...... "

So as you can see, Canepa did not come out and directly say that the receipts for the BPV's were phony or fake....ie....not authentic. The Portsmouth Daily Times reporter quoted her wrong and put his own interpretation on it.

Right before Canepa's above statement she said:

"There is much more to this case than the few statements he (lawyer) zeroed in on,
certainly the idea that she indicated that she had already printed out the records because she anticipated us asking about the BPV's. Had she in fact printed out the records as she indicated one would think that she would know where she had purchased them from.
Therefore, which place she printed them off from."

Fred's lawyer has done a good job of making Fred's 2 charges look like a simple misunderstanding. I've even read comments where people think the State is wasting time and money by charging her with #1) Lying Under Oath #2) Obstruction of Justice.

Her "slick" lawyer is already influencing the Jury pool. No wonder she hired him and his partner. And at Fred's arraignment her lawyer was already trying to influence the Jury pool when he went on and on about her living next to the cross, having no traffic tickets, and being more innocent than the prosecutors --I can't remember the exact way he worded it. He also likes to say that she is wrongfully accused.

Aside from the Jury, he is trying to rehabilitate her reputation with the public. She has that business empire and her reputation is in the mud. She says "nobody wants anything to do with me" and that a place of business refused her check saying they "dont take Wagner checks."
.......My 2 Cents.......
I sure don’t see anything criminal in what she said. JMO, but I am pretty removed and watching from afar

No one has said anything about the weed. Can you really grow that much weed and not have a connection to some sort of organized crime outfit?

I haven't given the "beaten" theory much credence. As many times as these people were shot, I'm sure there was bruising from that.
There were supposed to have several of the Rhodens in fights shortly before, too...
I have also thought that DR and maybe HG were awakened so they could see who was shooting them. Kind of like a "look what happens if you mess with us" sort of thing. Just my opinions...b
this right here we called the " kitchen sink" technique designed to weigh down the defense and bog them down with useless BS in an attempt to hide the fact they have no real evidence against one or all of the persons charged in this crime

Brewer Letters

Wow, so there really are people out there who believe that these 6 are innocent. No words..

if they were purchased after the murders what difference does it make? Whether she bought them at Ebay, Amazon or Kamart it should not be of any concern to the LE and the fact she even knows how to buy stuff online impressed me. I think it shows they were in fear for their lives or at least granny was. If this family was so slick they killed all of these folks w/o getting caught at least from the get-go would they be so foolish to buy BV and put it on a Mastercard? I don't think so. I don't know who killed these people I just hope they have the correct culprits. I know the LE and the state must have been under enormous pressure to solve this crime and this is the reason sometimes they go for the low hanging fruit.

You have every right to your opinion. In forming that opinion, have you read the indictments and discovery in full thus far? I'm very interested to know.

In the brutal murders of 8, I don't consider making an arrest after thirty-one months caving to pressure or going after "low-hanging fruit." On the contrary, even when most Ohioans were dumb struck and frustrated by what then appeared to be a lack of urgency, multiple counties, states, and state and local authorities were patiently gathering evidence to bring to justice the perpetrators in the largest capital murder case in Ohio's history. That evidence gathering didn't begin recently. If you examine what discovery has revealed thus far, they began collecting digital evidence on the Ws within days of the crime. That's one mighty double-edged sword, in this case. It's my opinion that the very resource (tech) the Ws relied upon to plan the crime will be their undoing in the end.

As far as being impressed that a 76 year-old savvy, perhaps even shrewd, business woman can order something on the internet, it seems it doesn't take much to impress you. I mean no disrespect by that, TRULY I don't. But you may be slightly unaware of the degree to which our culture, across age groups, has come to embrace and truly rely upon technology. My 90 year- old Granddad has a smartphone, routinely orders items online (from household supplies to groceries and anything else he may fancy), keeps in touch on social media with friends older than he, and can go where he pleases, thanks to Uber and Lyft. My other grandparents are 93 and were on FB before I joined. I wouldn't be too impressed with Fred's ability to order something online. JMOO

Wow, so there really are people out there who believe that these 6 are innocent. No words..
how can you say they are guilty before there is even a trial, and I worry about ppl that may be selected for jury duty who will say they believe in our constitution but feel an accused is flat out guilty before they even see the evidence.

It is good to put the state to test, to make them prove their case, it is our right as the community for as much as our protection as well as the accused to hold the state's feet to the fire, then when all is said and done, IF and only if the evidence proves guilt beyond all reasonable doubt do we say they are in fact guilty.

I was thinking of it more along the lines of going to the hairdresser and talking to them while getting your hair cut and styled, or the manicurist, etc. If someone is proud about getting a new tattoo, they may brag and discuss it with the artist.

Or with a close friend...

All I have to add until trial is woe unto any of you in Ohio who buys a lawnmower, for they will be accused of making a silencer and committing the largest capital murder case in Ohio's history

Good question Tiff, but then I thought:
What if the reporter quoted Canepa wrong and she actually didn't say that the receipts were not authentic.

So I went back and listened to the hearing and Canepa did not say that the receipts were "not authentic"....... Here's what she said:

"There's much more to this case than what's been presented here. Simply putting it in writing and attaching it as an exhibit, making it an attachment to your Motion, does not make it authenticated, it does not make it something that is admissible....."

At the end she said QUOTE:

" ........we do not stipulate to the authenticity to anything he has attached...... "

So as you can see, Canepa did not come out and directly say that the receipts for the BPV's were phony or fake....ie....not authentic. The Portsmouth Daily Times reporter quoted her wrong and put his own interpretation on it.

Right before Canepa's above statement she said:

"There is much more to this case than the few statements he (lawyer) zeroed in on,
certainly the idea that she indicated that she had already printed out the records because she anticipated us asking about the BPV's. Had she in fact printed out the records as she indicated one would think that she would know where she had purchased them from.
Therefore, which place she printed them off from."

Fred's lawyer has done a good job of making Fred's 2 charges look like a simple misunderstanding. I've even read comments where people think the State is wasting time and money by charging her with #1) Lying Under Oath #2) Obstruction of Justice.

Her "slick" lawyer is already influencing the Jury pool. No wonder she hired him and his partner. And at Fred's arraignment her lawyer was already trying to influence the Jury pool when he went on and on about her living next to the cross, having no traffic tickets, and being more innocent than the prosecutors --I can't remember the exact way he worded it. He also likes to say that she is wrongfully accused.

Aside from the Jury, he is trying to rehabilitate her reputation with the public. She has that business empire and her reputation is in the mud. She says "nobody wants anything to do with me" and that a place of business refused her check saying they "dont take Wagner checks."
.......My 2 Cents.......

In Appalachia, if you say your client lives "close to the cross" or closer to the cross than...you'd best make sure there are no skeletons in that closet. In my opinion, he did his client a great disservice and is negatively influencing the jury pool.

All I have to add until trial is woe unto any of you in Ohio who buys a lawnmower, for they will be accused of making a silencer and committing the largest capital murder case in Ohio's history

The device in question is a Maglite. That satisfies my curiosity that you have not read the discovery to date.

Dizzychick please read all the indictments and go back to 2016 and research Rhodens Family Murders Websleturth after that see where you think the Wagners are telling the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arsongirlfriend