CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
IP addresses change all the time. Companies will own ranges of addresses and will typically split them up by regions. In 2010 it is entirely possible that a range was assigned to Hawaii or Hawaii / West Coast. But with changing demographics Hawaii could have been assigned an entirely new range at some point.

I don't know if the VPN hides the IP address as much as it arranges for an encrypted "tunnel" between a client and host. Technically the client may pick up an ip address associated with the host, but I forget.

The main constant in addressing is something called a MAC Address which is unique among devices that connect to the internet.

Completely agree with what you have written.

The point about VPN is that usually you are accessing the web using an IP address assigned to you dynamically by your host. So that IP can be traced back to you specifically via your ISP's records

With VPN you access the "tunnel" but what happens after that will be logged against an IP address provided by the VPN - thats how the anonymity is achieved.

We use this a lot in geo-specific web testing

So I am based in europe, but to recreate a fault observed only in Asia, our devs VPN using say a Mumbai IP. This tricks the cloud edge to serve me from the Asian data centre rather than the european one.

Its the same way us foreigners break into the US version of netflix etc :p

Defence asserts therefore defence to prove.

Prima facie, only the authorised signatory can sign cheques and therefore Chase committed cheque fraud in the absence of cogent evidence to the contrary.

This is why we have signatures on cheques - as proof to all the world of consent.

Otherwise people can just forge your signature and claim you said it was OK.
He did remember to tell the detectives that Patrick used to be a signer though -

"his dad was afraid that they would um try to get money from his accounts, from Joseph’s accounts, because at one time they were both on the accounts and he was a signer and everything,"

Maybe joey wasn't so lax with his bank account after all.

Last edited:
I am trying to catch up here.

My question is where is the proof Joey gave Chase permission to write out forged checks?

How many months, days exactly was it before the family were brutally murdered that Chase started to write out forged checks for the business that Joey had given him permission to do?

I am trying to catch up here.

My question is where is the proof Joey gave Chase permission to write out forged checks?

How many months, days exactly was it before the family were brutally murdered that Chase started to write out forged checks for the business that Joey had given him permission to do?
BBM, There is no evidence anywhere that JM gave Merritt such permission.

I'll agree there was definitely a pattern of thievery but that doesn't constitute consent.
IMO, the fact that JM allowed CM to do so, he never filed a police report about it and continued to do business with CM means implied consent was granted by JM for CM to do so, which in turn means it was in fact not thievery and there's no prosecutor in the land that will charge a person with theft after such a pattern is established.

One would assume if Joey had given Chase such consent then he would of pre signed the checks, no?

Forging checks when the person is a known criminal seems super dodgy!
Yes very dodgy. CM did tell investigators that he had 6 blank checks prior to the McStay family disappearance, and 3 of those checks were pre signed by Joey and that CM had signed the other 3.

One would assume if Joey had given Chase such consent then he would of pre signed the checks, no?

Forging checks when the person is a known criminal seems super dodgy!
Excellent point! If Merritt had consent to sign checks why was Joey supposedly giving presigned blank checks to Merritt? It's a bunch of hogwash IMO.

IMO, the fact that JM allowed CM to do so, he never filed a police report about it and continued to do business with CM means implied consent was granted by JM for CM to do so, which in turn means it was in fact not thievery and there's no prosecutor in the land that will charge a person with theft after such a pattern is established.
Actually, once Joey found out about the thievery he was found dead in the desert!

Oh well when he is fried for murdering babies the theft will be the least of anybody’s concerns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77