Looking for podcast recommendations

- Who Killed Theresa? - this is by the brother of Theresa Allore and he explores unsolved murders in Quebec in the 1970's. Very detail-oriented and based on research.

RSBM

Just want to add that the episode Bad Dream House... Was so stinkin' humorous. I loved it. Theresa has an amazing brother... An amazing family, really. Her murder and the things her family endured... So very sad.

Doesn't matter, but ... I preferred the original telling of the house (see my previous post)... Not the "live" version. 'Just listened to the live episode last night and found it different.

I feel like I hit the mother load with this thread; such great suggestions!

I listen to crime podcasts to fall asleep (terrible insomniac here) and then I found Crime Junkies. They’re all SO good, I fight to stay awake bc I don’t want to miss a thing!

Podcaster: 'Hell and Gone' coming back soon

March 7, 2019

"The true-crime podcast investigating the unsolved murder of Rebekah Gould will return for a second season later this year, the podcast’s author said Thursday.

Catherine Townsend, a true-crime author, licensed private investigator and host of the "Hell and Gone" podcast focusing on Gould’s murder, said the series will return with new episodes in late May or June....

Rebekah Gould was last seen alive the morning of Sept. 20, 2004, at a Melbourne convenience store. According to reports, the 22-year-old had gone that weekend to visit friends in Guion, a small town south of Melbourne and failed to return to junior college in Fayetteville.

Gould had driven her boyfriend to work the morning she disappeared. When investigators searched the Guion residence Gould was staying at, they found her car, keys and purse, as well as a large amount of blood in various parts of the house.

Her body was found a week later off a 35-foot embankment beside AR Highway 9, about five miles west of Melbourne. The cause of death was ruled a single blow to her head. The case remains open and the State Police have never charged anyone with the murder.

"Hell and Gone" debuted last year with eight episodes and takes listeners through Townsend’s on-location murder investigation. The podcast covers several major theories in the case and includes interviews with suspects and round-table style discussions about the case with Townsend and her investigative team...."

Podcaster: 'Hell and Gone' coming back soon

Hell and Gone

“The Hurricane Tapes”: Will a British Podcast Solve the Hurricane Carter Case?

March 13, 2019

"The story of the Hurricane,” as Bob Dylan once sang, has been told before. It is the tale of Rubin (Hurricane) Carter, the famous middleweight boxer who was convicted and reprieved—twice—of a 1966 triple murder at a bar in Paterson, New Jersey. His wrongful-conviction story was immortalized in Dylan’s song “Hurricane,” from 1975—“All of Rubin’s cards were marked in advance / The trial was a pig-circus, he never had a chance”—and a movie starring Denzel Washington, from 1999, with similarly righteous tones. In 1985, a federal judge overturned Carter’s convictions, and also those of his co-defendant, John Artis; both men had served long sentences. But the ruling didn’t mean that the murder case was solved. Publicly revealing what actually happened that night could bring solace to many—and, possibly, open a huge can of worms.

“Nobody wanted the truth of my findings to come out—not the prosecution and not the defense,” an older man’s voice says in a clip at the beginning of the podcast “The Hurricane Tapes.” The series, produced for the BBC World Service by Steve Crossman and Joel Hammer—“just two sports journalists who love a good story,” Crossman says, in his northern British accent—hopes to solve the case, or at least to offer a plausible counter-theory. (It concludes on April 1st.) ..."

“The Hurricane Tapes”: Will a British Podcast Solve the Hurricane Carter Case?
---

Podcast: The Hurricane Tapes.

"A triple murder. 40 hours of tape recordings. Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter. Bob Dylan wrote a song about him. Hollywood made a movie. This is the full story...."

BBC World Service - The Hurricane Tapes - Downloads

I just learned of one that sounds intriguing.

"You're wrong about"..

Mike and Sarah are journalists obsessed with the past. Every week they reconsider an event, person or phenomenon that's been miscast in the public imagination.

In the wake of Wondery’s announcement to cut ties with Sword and Scale, its creator and host Mike Boudet has decided to take a break from hosting the show and social media. The Sword and Scale podcast release schedule will continue as originally planned, with the original team continuing to produce the show, along with new host Tricia Griffith, veteran broadcaster and owner of the popular true-crime forum WebSleuths. During this break, Boudet will continue hosting a premium version of the regular show, Sword and Scale PLUS, and other exclusive content which will be available only for the show’s direct paying supporters on Patreon.

Please Welcome Sword and Scale’s New Host

In the wake of Wondery’s announcement to cut ties with Sword and Scale, its creator and host Mike Boudet has decided to take a break from hosting the show and social media. The Sword and Scale podcast release schedule will continue as originally planned, with the original team continuing to produce the show, along with new host Tricia Griffith, veteran broadcaster and owner of the popular true-crime forum WebSleuths. During this break, Boudet will continue hosting a premium version of the regular show, Sword and Scale PLUS, and other exclusive content which will be available only for the show’s direct paying supporters on Patreon.

Please Welcome Sword and Scale’s New Host

I just read this elsewhere and came to post. Will this change "Into The Case"?

A standard of course is sword and scale. It's kind of gone Haywire in the last few months, but the original ones are great.

I'm glad I have this opportunity to do a shout-out, to who I cannot remember on which thread that recommended it about a month ago, but it is a podcast called *ear hustle*. It is a podcast from San Quentin prison about prison life. Excellent. If you start from the beginning, you will definitely binge listen to this one.

I listen to these on * Google podcasts* app.

Well Mike Boudet has lost his ever-loving mind so... I unsubbed because he just wants to act like a man child and it's very off-putting. People need to own up to their mistakes instead of blaming everybody else for them

I am a teacher and currently going through a podcast unit in our contemporary literature class. It is insane how podcasting is actually investigative journalism in action.

My students are listening to Up and Vanished, Bear Brook, Heaven's Gate, and Last Scene. Everyday in class we listen to a different (CLEAN for school obviously) episode of Crime Junkie or Criminal. The students love some podcasts showcase a crime in one episode and how other dissect into MANY episodes. Keep in mind, these are seniors who hate reading so this is perfect.

If you have any recommendations of CLEAN true crime podcasts sort of like the ones listed above, please let me know.

The Vanished podcast with Marissa Jones.

I listen to several podcasts but always look forward to this one. The host is also very active on her FB discussion group and answers questions about the cases she covers.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back