GUILTY OH - Jonathan Minard, 14, found deceased, Carroll County, 13 April 2019

Your concerns match my concerns. And I imagine if this were a 14 year old girl, my concerns would be as serious. There is too much unknown to lock anything down on that though IMO

ETA I cannot find anything detailing the farm address, yet. LE had the searchers meeting at the DELLROY fire house. They most likely provided info only to them.
I've only been able to narrow it down to a 6 mile area surrounding Baxter's Ridge Church, the previous search location. On google maps the area is full of several different campgrounds and farms.

"The teen’s friend lives in New Harrisburg. The friend’s father owns a dairy farm where the boy and his friend helped out, authorities said.

Investigators were told the boy and his friend went to the farm to work April 13, but the boy later complained that he had a toothache. He reportedly returned to the friend’s home to try to reach his parents, and has not been seen since."

Search for Jonathan Minard expands into criminal probe

I am confusing myself. JM's friend's father owns the farm? And the friend is 29? But JM's father has a friend that owns the farm? This friend is both the father and JM's friend? When his tooth hurt they left the farm to go to the friends home,to call mom, they left the farm to call from the house? Or the house is on the farm?

^^^Interesting.
I didn't know the 29 yr. old's father owned the farm.
I thought the 29 yr. old took JM from the farm to his own house to call JM's mom.
It still baffles me that someone at the farm couldn't have called JM's mom for him.
So, no one on the farm incl. the poi had a phone handy ?
And one would assume working at a dairy farm would be a safe place.

Since the 29 yr. old is named as a poi, can we do some sleuthing ?
The aunt has named him , and afaik; there's no FB page and little social media.

So maybe there's not much point to try to find out more.
As a 29 yr. old with past offences, shouldn't his rap sheet be public ?

I have wondered if this story was concocted because taking JM to the friend’s house would have been nice to place JM closer to his mom for her to pick him up. As if Friend supposedly left JM at Friend’s house, since JM wasn’t feeling well, and Friend went back to the farm. This is how he can say JM is now missing (and take interest away from the farm) since Friend did not stay with him. This way LE is not searching the farm, but searching near Friend’s House.

Just speculating why this is the story Friend used. Admittedly, we don’t the origin of the story.

I waffle between thinking Friend is totally responsible for JM’s disappearance and Friend being used as their best story following something that happened at the farm.

I'm very confused, too. I am assuming the 29 year old friend is the person who's father owns the dairy farm. I read that JM complained of a toothache at about 1:30 pm on Saturday and the friend took JM by car to his own home some distance away so JM could call his mother and go home. JM's mother denies receiving any such phone call from her son. Meanwhile, it is said that the 29 year old left JM at his house at that time alone.
So, my first and most important question is... why am I reading in other news accounts that JM was last seen on Saturday evening? I don't consider 1:30 pm to be evening... does anyone else? If JM was, in fact, last seen on Saturday evening then, who is it was saw him? I can't make sense of this... well, I can, actually but not for a good reason. This sort of "time mix-up" can happen when people are lying.
And, I do know, I'm not buying the "toothache" business. Either someone used that as some sort of reason for explaining why they took JM from the farm ~or~ JM was uncomfortable about something taking place so he, himself, invented the toothache as an excuse to be able to leave the farm and go home.

LINK about time last seen:
"According to the Carroll County Sheriff’s Office, Jonathon E. Minard was last seen Saturday evening."

Authorities continue search for missing Carroll County teen

Listen very, very carefully at the end of this clip after the Aunt says the word "missing". Then there is a bleep and I'm pretty sure she says "won't answer his phone". Either it's a red herring that JM doesn't have a cell phone, or they were calling the POI who won't answer his phone.

https://www.facebook.com/jordan3?fref=search&__tn__=,d,P-R&eid=ARAlC1IFHdY9OYdXc5ENTspVN9X9QaPS1Xxf8A4wYrULNYWWbDLorpc0Qf7ddWXrGh8vd9r_UNfT0NBn

Sorry, can't get a direct link to the video for some reason, but it's at the top of Jordan Miller's page linked above.

Listen very, very carefully at the end of this clip after the Aunt says the word "missing". Then there is a bleep and I'm pretty sure she says "won't answer his phone". Either it's a red herring that JM doesn't have a cell phone, or they were calling the POI who won't answer his phone.

https://www.facebook.com/jordan3?fref=search&__tn__=,d,P-R&eid=ARAlC1IFHdY9OYdXc5ENTspVN9X9QaPS1Xxf8A4wYrULNYWWbDLorpc0Qf7ddWXrGh8vd9r_UNfT0NBn

Sorry, can't get a direct link to the video for some reason, but it's at the top of Jordan Miller's page linked above.
It is also below the list of Jonathans on the FB link. Curious, the 9-1-1 operator did ask the Aunt if Jonathan has a phone. She asked his father, the response was NO. He doesn't have a phone. So it must be the POI they were calling?

Can anyone remember the last time a juvenile was reported missing and when LE asked the public for help, they didn't give a specific location or address where he was last seen?
They were also bleeping out the farm name, the POI name, and street names on that clip with Jonathan's aunt. Very secretive. Shhhhh.

They were also bleeping out the farm name, the POI name, and street names on that clip with Jonathan's aunt. Very secretive. Shhhhh.
The aunt wrote a name in a comment on the Carroll County SO Facebook page. With it being a male, the property owner probably has the same surname. For the record, I haven’t sleuthed that far. I’ll wait on LE to finish doing their thing while I focus on finishing my quilt.

The aunt wrote a name in a comment on the Carroll County SO Facebook page. With it being a male, the property owner probably has the same surname. For the record, I haven’t sleuthed that far. I’ll wait on LE to finish doing their thing while I focus on finishing my quilt.
Thank you! Waiting to do the same with so little information available ;)

Can anyone remember the last time a juvenile was reported missing and when LE asked the public for help, they didn't give a specific location or address where he was last seen?

No, and I also can't remember reading of 3 different scenarios as to the last sighting of a missing child (and all 3 being reported by MSM.) I know timelines can be confusing when things first get up and going on any news story but I would like to see one scenario being agreed upon eventually. I'm thinking (jmo) that a lot of the discrepancy has been created by evolving stories from the POI and that's why nobody seems to be able to publish a corrected, final version. Maybe LE has requested this aspect of the story be left as is for strategic reasons. Creating a time line at this point is impossible imo.

In this version, (in the news link below) JM complains of a toothache and promptly disappears from anyone's sight after that. (No ride to a nearby farm and being left there... no being seen later on Saturday evening by who knows who... he just complains of a toothache and then; he's never seen again.) It's aggravating not to know what the true time line really is but, if it somehow helps to find J by not revealing the events that lead up to his actual disappearance... then, that's good.

"Minard complained of a toothache and said he would call his mom and go home.
That was the last that anyone saw Minard last Saturday. He is the son of Edward & Brook Minard of Dellroy."
Carroll County Sheriff says 14-year-old was last seen at a local farm | Free Press Standard

Aww, guys. I’m worried about Jonathon just as all of u are. I’m quietly following everyone’s comments hoping for news. Jonathon looks like a nice kid. I hope to God he is okay but it’s been too long now I’m afraid.

Can’t wait to find out what the deal is with the 29 year old friend and what happened here. It can’t be good. Very, very odd.

It is also below the list of Jonathans on the FB link. Curious, the 9-1-1 operator did ask the Aunt if Jonathan has a phone. She asked his father, the response was NO. He doesn't have a phone. So it must be the POI they were calling?

Adding to this and if I am wrong, please someone correct me. I listened to the second recording.

WKYC has permission from the family to release the call to the Sheriff’s Office

The way I heard it was the aunt said, "(beep) was not answering his phone, (beep walked inside the house, walked back outside and JM was gone, that is not JM to walk away."
She then says, "The wife took off in the truck to go find him. I don't know if he called her or something today." (wife of friend he was working with?)
Aunt said the last time he (the friend) saw JM was 7:30. "He told Ed or told ? he walked in the house and came out and he was gone.

Last edited:
Adding to this and if I am wrong, please someone correct me. I listened to the second recording.

The way I heard it was the aunt said, "(beep) was not answering his phone, (beep walked inside the house, walked back outside and JM was gone, that is not JM to walk away."
She then says, "The wife took off in the truck to go find him. I don't know if he called her or something today."
Aunt said the last time he (the friend) saw JM was 7:30. "He told Ed or told ? he walked in the house and came out and he was gone.

Who are they referring to when they say 'the wife?' The POi's wife? The missing teen's mom?

She then says, "The wife took off in the truck to go find him. I don't know if he called her or something today."
Very interesting !

So, the 29 yr. old poi saw JM at 7:30 pm ?
We know it wasn't 7:30 am as JM didn't go to the farm Sat., until around noon. (According to some of the msm articles.)

And he left the farm early in the afternoon at 1:30 ?
(from the time of the toothache)

And is the "wife" the poi's wife ? Have LE talked to her ?

What was JM doing at the house (supposedly waiting for his mom) from 1:30 until 7:30 pm ?

Eta : This is sounding like someone is lying.
Yes, I'm pointing fingers at the poi.
A 14 year old teen is missing !

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow