IL IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
The garage is completely full of stuff, I would go through that with a fine tooth comb, remember the case where they hid the baby in the garage and it took them awhile to find him?? Sadly, this happens too too much and I can't remember the name.

Heavy police presence swarming the home of a 5-year-old in Crystal Lake. Police say Andrew "AJ" Freund was last seen around 9 p.m. Wednesday by his parents who say he went to bed and this morning he was gone. @ReginaWaldroup will be live w/ the latest at 6 p.m @nbcchicago

Daniela Cado on Twitter

(Video at link)

It sounded like a hound moaning in the distance. I detest these missing little children living close to a water source. Ugh.

When I first saw this post, the first word I saw was "lake" and my mind went to a drowning situation, Sadly I don't think this is going to be a water situation. IMO. I pray I am 100% wrong though.

BREAKING: As the frantic search for a missing 5-year-old boy continues, police say his home is now a crime scene...LATEST: Crystal Lake boy missing: FBI joins search for 5-year-old Andrew 'AJ' Freund

From your article, yrmfp:

"Several neighbors said they previously had concerns about Andrew and his younger sister, and claimed they called the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services about them. DCFS said they are unable to confirm those neighbors' claims."

I live out here and my daughter practices soccer down the street. The helicopters are hovering over a small pond - two of them. In order for him to cross the street to get to water he would have had to cross a pretty busy street.

Attachments

• 3D9AEFC9-71D0-4FE3-839D-23E8074C98BD.jpeg
    3D9AEFC9-71D0-4FE3-839D-23E8074C98BD.jpeg
    80.2 KB · Views: 85
I am one town over. I have tried to talk people down. Why no amber alert? Why no public searches? I tried to explain but they don’t want to hear it. I think the reaction will be I can’t believe this happened here. I wish just one time it would be that a kid actually woke up and walked away in the middle of the night.
Crystal Lake PD isn’t a uneducated backwoods PD. Crystal Lake PD called in the FBI right away. Divers at the main beach of the lake. Helicopters have been around all day. Parents are said to be at the station. I fear we all know where this will lead.

I live right by the dole mansion. It doesn’t feel right sitting in my house and being warm while hearing the constant helicopter’s. Do you think they haven’t asked the public for assistance with searching because they suspect something else may have happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie