GUILTY OH - Jonathan Minard, 14, found deceased, Carroll County, 13 April 2019

Adding to this and if I am wrong, please someone correct me. I listened to the second recording.

WKYC has permission from the family to release the call to the Sheriff’s Office

The way I heard it was the aunt said, "(beep) was not answering his phone, (beep walked inside the house, walked back outside and JM was gone, that is not JM to walk away."
She then says, "The wife took off in the truck to go find him. I don't know if he called her or something today."
Aunt said the last time he (the friend) saw JM was 7:30. "He told Ed or told ? he walked in the house and came out and he was gone.
That's what I heard too. I think she also said he goes to the farm to work so maybe this is common for him to work there?

If I have a really bad toothache, and I have to leave work, I am calling someone to get me back home, now.

Why didn't anyone call his mom? Why didn't he call his mom?

If he worked at the farm before, wouldn't he know someone who could call for him?

Surely there is a phone there. What if someone was injured in the fields?

I've only been able to narrow it down to a 6 mile area surrounding Baxter's Ridge Church, the previous search location. On google maps the area is full of several different campgrounds and farms.

on the "UPDATE" post 4/15 Sheriff's Office different streets are mentioned also. Not sure what to make of it.

If I have a really bad toothache, and I have to leave work, I am calling someone to get me back home, now.

Why didn't anyone call his mom? Why didn't he call his mom?

If he worked at the farm before, wouldn't he know someone who could call for him?

Surely there is a phone there. What if someone was injured in the fields?
Bolding mine

Jonathan doesn't have a phone, according to his family.

Someone at the farm should've called his mom --there was no explainable reason to bring him to the poi's house.
Even if in pain, wouldn't it make sense to just go and sit in the car he arrived in and wait for his mom to drive to the farm ? Imo.

And why wouldn't the poi have a phone in his pocket or somewhere on his person ? Most who have a phone keep it close, or at least in the poi's car .

I do not think Jonathan just walked away from that house, and disappeared.

From your link......heart wrenching.....

Minard’s aunt Jo Hepner gave an emotional interview to WKYCand pleaded for her nephew’s safe return.

“If you seriously know where he’s at and what has happened to him, please tell us. We’re begging you, I mean, this is our last hope,” Hepner said. “Just help us please find him. That’s all I’m asking, tell us where he is.”

^^^ So this link (TY, Tillicum) , explains a bit more.

They walked back to the poi's house-- which is apparently on the farm property, or fairly close.

Doubtful they walked a mile or more to get there.
And JM (according to the poi) had a toothache. Can't imagine wanting to go far if you're in pain !

The only info. we seem to be getting is from the poi. And it varies depending on which msm source is read.

Another question which I can't find an answer to : Were JM and the poi the only ones working on the farm that Sat. ?
And that's why no one else could have called JM's mom ?

The descriptions of the poi in msm keep stating that he had "some drug offenses". Nothing else is revealed.
It'd help to know what other 'offenses' may have been committed.

The way I heard it was the aunt said, "(beep) was not answering his phone, (beep walked inside the house, walked back outside and JM was gone, that is not JM to walk away."
<rsbm>

According to that, JM was not even in the friend/POI's house. If he was going to phone home, why would he not have gone in the house with POI?

<rsbm>

According to that, JM was not even in the friend/POI's house. If he was going to phone home, why would he not have gone in the house with POI?
I know the media frequently publish erroneous information at the beginning of a missing person case, but this one seems different - like the story is changing rather than being corrected. Also, that just sounds so completely unbelievable. How far could JM have gotten in the short time it takes someone to "...walk inside, walk back outside..."?

Does anyone have a theory that involves Jonathon being safe somewhere?

Not that strong on it but have considered something took place that made Jonathon uncomfortable and he took off and is too afraid to come home, no phone and maybe doesn't even know where he is. At this point, it's wishful thinking but better than some of the alternatives we're probably thinking about.

I actually hoped that he'd seen something he wasn't supposed to know at the farm and fled in fear --- but by now he'd have come forward.

Respectfully ---- Or that he thought he was in trouble for something ?

We know that the poi has a history of drug offenses.
Did he offer JM some pot and afterwards JM panicked and fled ?

But by now wouldn't he have come back home ?
Pretty sure if JM had worked at this farm, that he could walk if need be , to get to his home or at least to a house with a phone ? As in, he's not just 'lost' somewhere outside in the woods.

Too much time has gone by.
My mind wants to think he'll be found alive-- and someone is holding him captive.
But , sadly , LE is leaning in a darker direction.

My theory: An accidental drug overdose. Either because he was in pain and his friend (with drug history) offered him something or because they left the farm to go to friend's house to experiment and get high. Either way he overdosed and was buried. Have they checked all the wells on the property?

Another thought: On the farm I grew up on, the cows were milked twice a day, early morning and late afternoon. So, if that still stands as usual, what were they doing in the middle of the day. He was, reportedly taken to the home with a tooth ache at 1:30 in the afternoon. I wonder if that is a cover story for drug related activity. The friend would not want to tell LE that is the reason for JM's disappearance because he would then be arrested. His best action (to remain free) is to do just what he is doing, remaining silent.

Just a thought I had while falling asleep last night. On Sunday when my grandkids come over, I'm not gonna let myself get frustrated when they all seem to have grown cell phones as new appendages from their hands. It's so unusual today for a teenager not to have a cell phone and yet Jonathon didn't have one. Not only was he more vulnerable if he was in danger but LE doesn't have the ability to trace his movements and search his activity and interactions with others through his texts and calls.

Another thought: On the farm I grew up on, the cows were milked twice a day, early morning and late afternoon. So, if that still stands as usual, what were they doing in the middle of the day. He was, reportedly taken to the home with a tooth ache at 1:30 in the afternoon. I wonder if that is a cover story for drug related activity. The friend would not want to tell LE that is the reason for JM's disappearance because he would then be arrested. His best action (to remain free) is to do just what he is doing, remaining silent.
I thought about that too but all the milking equipment, machines and lines have to be cleaned as soon as morning milking is finished. Then the entire milk room has to be sprayed down before the evening milking. That's if this is a working dairy farm. If just a farm with a few cows to milk, they might hand milk and the clean up doesn't take as long.

I thought about that too but all the milking equipment, machines and lines have to be cleaned as soon as morning milking is finished. Then the entire milk room has to be sprayed down before the evening milking. That's if this is a working dairy farm. If just a farm with a few cows to milk, they might hand milk and the clean up doesn't take as long.
It seems also, that if this is a larger. working dairy farm there might have been other workers present. Have they been questioned? If there were other workers it bolsters the argument that one of them could have called the mother for JM so she could come and get him from the farm and less likely that something happened at the farm.
If it is a small farm owned by the friend of JM's father then the likely hood that it was only the two of them working at the farm, bolsters the argument that they may have had time for drug related activity and time for the friend to hide a body and concoct a cover story.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back