CO - Sol Pais, Threats to Columbine High and 20 other schools

I wondered the same thing. I think, since she was a teen and living at home, she set it up so if one day didn’t work out the next day might, or the next day. She was determined imo.

It also occurs to me that she probably wasn't worried about the cost of 3 tickets even if they weren't refundable. She was going to be dead before the cost was discovered anyway.

I've only seen this link so far, but I haven't had a chance to read any of it. I do think it's possible some of her writing was misinterpreted to be a threat to others. I think she was always just a threat to herself. It was very clear she planned to commit suicide. I'm not surprised at all that it was as well planned and thought out as it was. :(

HOME

The purpose of this site is for me to give insight into
the thoughts I rarely, if ever, share with others, while remaining somewhat anonymous. Everything from journal entries to my personal interests - I want to leave a record of myself before I, well...

This has been sad. In the next few weeks, I’d like to see LE explain the following:

1. What was the “credible threat?”

The BOLO said no probable cause. So how does the “credible threat” dovetail with the BOLO?

2. My heart aches for Sol and her family. Did her Dad call it into local authorities? Who then contacted state and federal?

WHO made the call that there was a “credible threat?”

3. Everything Sol did was LEGAL. She did not break any laws by flying in a buying a same-day shotgun. There is no waiting period for out-of-state or in-state purchasers of long guns.

4. What spooked her at Echo Lake? Were commands shouted? And how is that done if there is no probable cause?

As a parent, my lesson learned from this sad tragedy is just not to notify LE if I’ve got a sick kid out there, traveling about.

I've only seen this link so far, but I haven't had a chance to read any of it. I do think it's possible some of her writing was misinterpreted to be a threat to others. I think she was always just a threat to herself. It was very clear she planned to commit suicide. I'm not surprised at all that it was as well planned and thought out as it was. :(

HOME

the thoughts I rarely, if ever, share with others, while remaining somewhat anonymous. Everything from journal entries to my personal interests - I want to leave a record of myself before I, well...
I'm very curious if LE found her deceased or if they found her running around as originally reported.

HOME

Wow this girl clearly was obsessed with the late 90s which seems to tie right into her obsession with columbine. The page she designed, the music she posts about... it’s like stepping back in time.

Since she was deemed a threat to the schools that went on lockdown once they knew she was in town, I want to know if they found her running around or found her deceased. It's an important question.

My heart breaks reading her journal. It makes me wonder if anyone read these journal pages when they were originally posted. Maybe someone reported it to police and it was misconstrued as a threat to others as someone else mentioned in an earlier post on here. Then again, why go to that area to die by suicide... so many questions unanswered and will probably always be unanswered. I just wish she had been able to get help :(

She was not found around a school was she? Yet she was a threat to the schools?
What time do they say she was found? Where? How far from schools?
And see.....if she was found running around naked that's significant as far as mental illness.
She is dead now. I have so many questions.

So sad. Like others I am left wondering about the terms “Columbine Obsessed” and “credible threat”. It may be that police joined some dots and acted out of caution and the threat was really always just to Sol herself. If this is the case I hope it is made clear for the family’s sake.

She was not found around a school was she? Yet she was a threat to the schools?
What time do they say she was found? Where? How far from schools?
And see.....if she was found running around naked that's significant as far as mental illness.
She is dead now. I have so many questions.
Although I still do not see any mention of Columbine in her journal, I’ve got to believe somebody who knows her must have led investigators to believe she’s obsessed with Columbine. She purchased the shotgun at a gun store that is 1.7 miles from Columbine high school, and that’s nowhere near the airport. Right there is absolutely enough for her to be considered a “credible threat” but I’m not at all convinced that she really was a threat.

I too have a ton of questions.

An 18-year-old who authorities say had an "infatuation" with the 1999 Columbine High School massacre appears to have kept a journal online in which she wrote about suicide and guns, and alluded to "plans" she was making.

Teen 'infatuated' with Columbine found dead; wrote about suicide, guns in apparent journal

Dean Phillips, FBI special agent in charge of the Denver field office, said at a news conference Wednesday that Pais’ body was found between 10:30 a.m. and 10:40 a.m., and she was last seen in the area on Monday after being dropped off by a "for-rent vehicle." Investigators don’t know why she chose that area, but the driver helped authorities pinpoint her last known location, he said.

Teen 'infatuated' with Columbine found dead; wrote about suicide, guns in apparent journal

“I wish I could get a gun by the end of the summer," one entry reads.

Other entries reference plans being made. Another shows drawings of one of the Columbine gunmen, Dylan Klebold.

"Had a dream last night about the future and it was eye opening. Was only a week away from the day and I had my [expletive] shotgun...” an entry reads, a possible reference to the anniversary of the Columbine massacre.

“I am planning a trip to Colorado in the next month or so and wanna buy a shotgun while I’m there and I was wondering what restrictions would apply for me?” she appears to have written on the website of the National Gun Forum, posting as “Dissolved Girl,” the same handle used to post her journal. “I’ve found a few private sellers I might want to purchase from,” the post said. “Thank you for reading, I appreciate your response!”

Who Was Sol Pais, the Woman Sought in Colorado?

Although I still do not see any mention of Columbine in her journal, I’ve got to believe somebody who knows her must have led investigators to believe she’s obsessed with Columbine. She purchased the shotgun at a gun store that is 1.7 miles from Columbine high school, and that’s nowhere near the airport. Right there is absolutely enough for her to be considered a “credible threat” but I’m not at all convinced that she really was a threat.

I too have a ton of questions.

She clearly refers to Kiebold and 1999 The Nobodies and song lyrics about Columbine. She had an obsession that was clear.

So sad. Like others I am left wondering about the terms “Columbine Obsessed” and “credible threat”. It may be that police joined some dots and acted out of caution and the threat was really always just to Sol herself. If this is the case I hope it is made clear for the family’s sake.

Her family or close friend may have warned she discussed Columbine Anniversary and romanticized it.
I highly doubt we'll get any answers we want. The media dropped the story pretty quickly.

Even assuming that the references in her writings/comments about Colombine, were "subtle," if she had gone on to kill others, people would be asking why her on-line postings did not raise a red flag to anyone.

People who make these sorts of comments, whether verbally or in writing, in our current culture, need to assume they are going to raise suspicions.... even if she was "only" suicidal.

Last edited:
Since she was deemed a threat to the schools that went on lockdown once they knew she was in town, I want to know if they found her running around or found her deceased. It's an important question.

I long believed LE found her deceased, and she was never running naked in the woods as reported. Today's report confirms she was likely dead on Monday night -- more than 24 hours before being located by LE.

Florida teenager, 18, 'obsessed with Columbine massacre' likely killed herself before manhunt | Daily Mail Online

• Clear Creek County Undersheriff Bruce Snelling said that Sol Pais, 18, likely killed herself on Monday evening
  • Her body was found in the snowy foothills west of Denver on Wednesday
  • It appeared that she had been dead for more than 24 hours
  • The FBI said Pais raised suspicion after making comments to people at home in Florida about Columbine and then buying three one-way tickets to Denver
  • She flew from Miami to Denver on Monday and headed straight to the Colorado Gun Broker shop, just two miles from Columbine High School
  • She legally purchased a 12-gauge pump-action shotgun, which is the same gun used in the 1999 massacre
  • The dozens of schools that were forced to close as a precaution during the daylong manhunt reopened on Thursday with heightened security measures

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff
Back