Found Safe Canada - Skye Charlette, 23, Cranberry Portage, Manitoba, 10 Apr 2019

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
skyecharlette1.jpg

skyecharlette2.jpg

On April 13, 2019, Cranberry Portage RCMP received a report of a missing 23-year-old female. Skye Charlette was last seen on April 10, 2019, in the community of Cranberry Portage.

Skye Charlette is 5'7", 125 lbs, with black hair and brown eyes.

She may be in the Thompson, Nelson House or Flin Flon areas.

If you have any information please call Cranberry Portage RCMP at 204-472-4040 or Crime Stoppers anonymously at 1-800-222-8477, or submit a secure tip online at www.manitobacrimestoppers.com.

Cranberry Portage RCMP looking for missing woman | Royal Canadian Mounted Police

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/missing-person-skye-charlette-1.5104635

Note: Cranberry Portage has a population of about 570 people according to Wikipedia. Seems very rural.

I had no idea of the location of where she was last seen was located, so I linked a map with where she was last seen, and the three possible locations (the furthest two locations are 472km apart):

Google Maps

I'm curious where and when she was last seen.

I'm going to assume that she was not hitchhiking because everyone in Canada knows that high risk choices, especially hitchhiking, are a significant factor in missing and murdered Indigenous women over several decades. If she was hitchhiking, and has not arrived at her destination, the statistics speak for themselves. It's also possible that she's just off grid for a while, as that also happens at times.

Who saw her last: her sibling, a parent, child(ren), partner / spouse, friend?
What time was it and where was it?

"She may be in the Thompson, Nelson House or Flin Flon areas."
That means that she was going somewhere? Who reported that she was going to one of those places and how was she getting there: drive, bus, other?

Who should be reporting to RCMP and what sort of information are the RCMP seeking? Is there a car model, year, colour, or location, time to help with triggering memories of people who were in those areas at the relevant time?

I had no idea of the location of where she was last seen was located, so I linked a map with where she was last seen, and the three possible locations (the furthest two locations are 472km apart):

Google Maps

Thank you! Maps help visualize distances and understand what questions would help find her. I need that reference point.

She vanished from Cranberry Portage. There's a stretch of road that is 572 km (345 miles) long, and they don't even know which direction she was headed. My guess is that this was something a friend or a spouse said, because any friend or family closer to her would presumably know for sure if she was traveling 400km out of town.

If someone did something to her, it's interesting that her travel plans are to more isolated places. Did she have family in those places? Work? Studies? Why would she be in those places?

upload_2019-4-18_22-23-46.png

upload_2019-4-18_22-24-9.png

upload_2019-4-18_22-25-24.png

Last edited:
Does she have friends and family who can bring us up to speed?
Crowdsourcing information works. It makes a difference, in a good way.

This reminds me of the missing Philippine woman in Colorado, whose husband said that she may be in Chicago, Mexico or the Philippines - three different random places that all hold meaning, but none enough for her to vanish without telling someone about a road trip.

"She may be in the Thompson, Nelson House or Flin Flon areas."​

Equally random, or realistic?

Attachments

• upload_2019-4-18_22-51-49.png
    upload_2019-4-18_22-51-49.png
    163.9 KB · Views: 2
For Indigenous people, sometimes it is about the four directions - something like earth or land, sun and warmth, fish and food, wind and thought. Casting to the wind is part of manhood, but she is a 23 year tall slender woman and it looks like no one has any idea where she is.

Who saw her last, where and when was that. What was her plan?

Is there an Indigenous, work, or family reason that she would travel to one of those places spontaneously?

I'm disappointed that I have not been able to find any updates on Skye. I wonder how much investigation into her disappearance is taking place. She is in a very vulnerable demographic and I'm worried about her safety.
MOO.

News report on the epidemic of missing and murdered indigenous women and girls, and how it is being largely ignored. Same situation in both the U.S. and Canada.
Native American women say their daughters are disappearing but no one is taking action

Sadly, based on no new MSM reports and no activity here, it looks like Skye has possibly suffered the same fate as thousands of others before her. MOO.

@otto asked many good questions that could be pursued by WS's, but with just the bare minimum of information published days ago and nothing new being reported, it's nearly impossible for the public or "armchair detectives" to help. MOO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back