Found Safe CA - Alora Benitez, 15, Torrance, 17 April 2019 *Arrest*

Ok I live in Torrance and DID NOT receive an amber alert. I read in one article that an amber alert was initially issued but then CHP canceled it because it was deemed she was not in imminent danger. What the heck? You'd think they'd keep it active in order to find the murder suspects she is with at least!! Also, Torrance is a large city. It would be nice to know what area of Torrance she was last seen.
ETA: Torrance is only about 150 miles from the border with Mexico. Popular place to flee for murder suspects.

Was just about to say that I bet they’ve already crossed the border - JMO.

STILL MISSING but Amber alert canceled due to them being at Mexican border/ or across.
NHP said "the originating agency has obtained information that the suspects are believed to be close to the Mexico border," in a tweet at 5:42 p.m. Thursday.
Amber Alert cancelled in Nevada after California teen's disappearance

I don't get it. They could've been at the border yesterday afternoon if they were headed straight there after she was last seen.
I wonder where they've been since then?

Last edited:
Amber Alert is still active: Have you seen this child? Alora Benitez

APR 19, 2019
Missing California teen believed to be with murder suspects
Cerratos, 39, and Mercado, 40, are wanted in connection to the murder of Jeffery Appel, who was found dead on Tuesday in a car in the City of Carson.

Amber Alert Issued for Girl, 15, Believed to Be With Homicide Suspects | KFI AM 640
The amber alert was initially issued Wednesday, later canceled on grounds that the girl may not really have been in danger, then reissued Thursday.

Last edited:
There was no new/different info in that link.
Was she taken out of school by her mom that morning, or did she not attend at all?

I wonder if LE caught a similar car on a plate reader camera but it had a paper plate?
ETA: I don't know how plate readers work so maybe a similar car was seen on video surveillance somewhere and it had a paper plate?
Or maybe a (paper) temp plate was reported stolen from another vehicle, even a neighbors. That vanity plate could have easily been remembered and needed ditched. Have they said if this couple owns the car? Looking but can't find an answer.

Or maybe a (paper) temp plate was reported stolen from another vehicle, even a neighbors. That vanity plate could have easily been remembered and needed ditched. Have they said if this couple owns the car? Looking but can't find an answer.
I don't know if it's been said who owns the BMW, but this article says, "A family car remains parked at the location, Channel 9 reported."
https://mynewsla.com/crime/2019/04/...pected-killers-including-her-mom-amber-alert/

This is a scary case. Her Instagram shows she has a younger brother. He wasn't taken. Why? What happened and why did these people take Alora? And why did they murder someone?

Do they have criminal records?

Surely a kid that age knows how to use a cell phone or internet. Did they take that from her? Where was she when the murder occurred?

This case should have a lot more interest. It's insane. A 15 year old missing and in the company of murderers.

This is a scary case. Her Instagram shows she has a younger brother. He wasn't taken. Why? What happened and why did these people take Alora? And why did they murder someone?

Surely a kid that age knows how to use a cell phone or internet. Did they take that from her? Where was she when the murder occurred?

This case should have a lot more interest. It's insane. A 15 year old missing and in the company of murderers.
Yes, it is - very scary. I can't answer your questions, but I'll say this - Twitter was very active until the AA was canceled for Nevada. The AA issued for California is still up, but few people are circulating it. Have you seen this child? Alora Benitez :(

I was wondering if that was a brother also. I would guess that the mother and friend are keeping poor Alora from any means of communication. She must be terrified. And yes! This needs more attention and awareness!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back