Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #8 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is meant as a lighthearted aside. Behavioral health, mental health, and physical health are not treated equally (or treated very effectively, often) in our nation. Those who honestly struggle with these issues have my respect.

However:

Oh hey I like the sound of this one:

i.Malingering and Factitious Disorders (Id. at 96);

We're all about facts -- maybe we all have a Factitious Disorder??? Malingering from our housecleaning here, enjoying our WS Factitious Disorder Support Group?

Much, much more seriously, for some of those listed: if his public school record doesn't include it I don't believe it.

JMHO YMMV
his er #Calendars, you mean?

his er #Calendars, you mean?

I'm sorry, kittythehare, I'm too blonde or too old or perhaps both?

I quoted one of the suggested illnesses, selected for humor potential.

(Since then I've Googled Factitious Disorder. This is a more modern term for Munchhausen -- enduring tests & procedures to gain attention for "being sick.")

Re: school records, some of the listed disorders are identified early & likely indicate an IEP.

Make any more sense?

Great watch on RK and Park Dietz.
It is very unfortunate that they are requesting BC not be recorded.
The facial expressions and the eyes are always very telling.

IMO. I would like to watch Richard Kuklinski ask BC where she is.

Well, unfortunately, we won't get that chance. He died in 2006, I believe.

I'm sorry, kittythehare, I'm too blonde or too old or perhaps both?

I quoted one of the suggested illnesses, selected for humor potential.

(Since then I've Googled Factitious Disorder. This is a more modern term for Munchhausen -- enduring tests & procedures to gain attention for "being sick.")

Re: school records, some of the listed disorders are identified early & likely indicate an IEP.

Make any more sense?
It all made sense and I was falling around laughing, I just thought your school records were a reference to a supreme court judge appointment recently. (my bad)

oh, that kind of school record!!! IIRC -- someone found a few yearbook pictures many posts back.

We do generally exhibit an obsession with facts; and here I am again (ma)lingering with my cyberbuddies on WebSleuths. :rolleyes:

I didn't enjoy seeing it again either. Seems like a good idea to review I guess.
I re-read it a few times and I will re-read it a few times more to search for clues as to her location. Did anything new grab anybody else on second reading of this?
It is inconsistent with what he told his psychiatrists which suggests,( to me , anyway,) that the psychiatric visits were all part of his plan... This was exceptionally well planned, every single detail worked out in advance.
Pretty sure he filmed it.
Pretty sure the act required the amenities of an indoor location, he was not afraid of outdoor locations either. But he needed to do this indoors.
Now, disposal..
I keep remembering the laundry room was in proximity to his apartment.
It crossed my mind a few times that he may have put her body in a washing machine.
I'm not sure what size the washing machines are, regular or industrial... just another macabre thought to throw into the pile. I do not understand what effect this would have on a human body. I might give it a google...
He had covered every aspect, except the cracked hubcap.
We need to assume that her final disposal site was also very well thought out.
Did anybody get any new ideas from re-reading mrs O Brien's post again?

I re-read it a few times and I will re-read it a few times more to search for clues as to her location. Did anything new grab anybody else on second reading of this?
It is inconsistent with what he told his psychiatrists which suggests,( to me , anyway,) that the psychiatric visits were all part of his plan... This was exceptionally well planned, every single detail worked out in advance.
Pretty sure he filmed it.
Pretty sure the act required the amenities of an indoor location, he was not afraid of outdoor locations either. But he needed to do this indoors.
Now, disposal..
I keep remembering the laundry room was in proximity to his apartment.
It crossed my mind a few times that he may have put her body in a washing machine.
I'm not sure what size the washing machines are, regular or industrial... just another macabre thought to throw into the pile. I do not understand what effect this would have on a human body. I might give it a google...
He had covered every aspect, except the cracked hubcap.
We need to assume that her final disposal site was also very well thought out.
Did anybody get any new ideas from re-reading mrs O Brien's post again?
Nothing new, but the only thing that re-grabbed me in Mrs.Obrien’s list was the mention of making home movies — again, yielding the thought that police did find film on his cell phone that permitted them to repeatedly talk with confidence about the sheer heinous nature of his acts (otherwise they could probably only use such strong language based on verbal responses on tapes, which seems a weak basis).
And I DON’T believe he planned this well AT ALL! Picking up a coed in the middle of the day on a well-traveled street and going back to your apt., is NOT a good plan. I think he delusionally thought she would become his willing slave, overcome with his ‘lordliness,’ and when she strongly fought back (to his surprise), only then accidentally or purposely killed her, and did the rest in a panic, though granted, a methodical-of-sorts panic, based on all of his prior knowledge and reading.

Without being in the Champaign-Urbana area I just don’t think there’s any use in obsessing from afar over where the body is; the possibilities are so endless and often inaccessible (even if one believes there is a body to be found, which I don’t). JMO.

I just hope this #$%&@!! trial finally begins on time (if no pre-trial agreement), and most of our questions will at last be answered.

I've never thought this was well planned. At most, fantasized about but not made solid plans for real life. I believe it's now known that Yingying was not the first target, BC was out shopping that day.
Nothing new, but the only thing that re-grabbed me in Mrs.Obrien’s list was the mention of making home movies — again, yielding the thought that police did find film on his cell phone that permitted them to repeatedly talk with confidence about the sheer heinous nature of his acts (otherwise they could probably only use such strong language based on verbal responses on tapes, which seems a weak basis).
And I DON’T believe he planned this well AT ALL! Picking up a coed in the middle of the day on a well-traveled street and going back to your apt., is NOT a good plan. I think he delusionally thought she would become his willing slave, overcome with his ‘lordliness,’ and when she strongly fought back (to his surprise), only then accidentally or purposely killed her, and did the rest in a panic, though granted, a methodical-of-sorts panic, based on all of his prior knowledge and reading.

Without being in the Champaign-Urbana area I just don’t think there’s any use in obsessing from afar over where the body is; the possibilities are so endless and often inaccessible (even if one believes there is a body to be found, which I don’t). JMO.

I just hope this #$%&@!! trial finally begins on time (if no pre-trial agreement), and most of our questions will at last be answered.

I've read and re-read and nothing new springs up. I do agree that he filmed this heinous deed, that was to be his keepsake, his to watch whenever he wanted to get his kicks.

As for disposal, I'm now thinking she was dismembered into pieces that could be easily disposed of into various skips and bins (trash cans). Maybe that's a little OTT but for lack of any other ideas, that's all I've got. Hey, it's not too long now, we'll hear soon enough at trial.

I've never thought this was well planned. At most, fantasized about but not made solid plans for real life. I believe it's now known that Yingying was not the first target, BC was out shopping that day.
See my post #361- wording of the superseding indictment refers to planning in this paragraph
that Christensen committed the offense in an especially heinous, cruel or depraved manner, in that it involved torture or serious physical abuse to the victim; and, that Christensen committed the offense after substantial planning and premeditation to cause the death of a person.
- so substantial planning was involved.... the question is what was the nature of those plans , and whether they included disposal plans?

She was not his first target that day, he tried to pick up the other girl 2 hrs beforehand, possibly scouted for hrs before that as well.

He found Yy on the street, lunchtime after having spent many hrs stalking. So, though YY cannot be said to have been his plan, any woman, presumably could have been targeted.
The planning and the pre-meditation was to cause death if I'm reading it right, death to a victim, some victim, some time, some place, some where.
Makes me wonder whether they found a manifesto or some such scribblings.
Or priors Or messages on his computers...
On the face of it , it does not appear to be well planned, as you say, but they must have more than a shred of evidence to use the word substantial and pre-meditated- more than a fantasy.
It's all down to what he actually did when he got her into his apartment but at this stage we dont even know how he got her in there, undetected, unless he had rendered her unconscious first. He allegedly stated in tape during march that she had put up a fight but we do not know where exactly the fight occurred or her condition on arrival at his apartment.
We got no breaks at all in this case. Not a single one.
Her body unrecovered. No autopsy. No known cause of death .
If it wasn't a DP case, it would be done and dusted by now.
And if they had any decent evidence, by now the ever -so-diligent defence team would surely have mentioned it.
If he is convicted and it is still an 'if', there will be 20 yrs of appeals ahead.

Substantial planning had to mean more than getting Michelle out of the apartment for the weekend and buying a few tools or whatever.
Unlike many victims, she was declared missing within hours, not days weeks or months.

Shadid entered a bunch of rulings today.

In sum, he basically denied all of BC's motions to strike the Non-Statutory and Statutory Aggravators, except one (other serious acts of violence), which he reserved ruling on until after the conclusion of the guilt phase.

So, all of the statutory and non-statutory aggravators supporting the imposition of the death penalty are in play..

https://www.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.ilcd.70076/gov.uscourts.ilcd.70076.310.0.pdf

Shadid entered a bunch of rulings today.

In sum, he basically denied all of BC's motions to strike the Non-Statutory and Statutory Aggravators, except one (other serious acts of violence), which he reserved ruling on until after the conclusion of the guilt phase.

So, all of the statutory and non-statutory aggravators supporting the imposition of the death penalty are in play..

https://www.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.ilcd.70076/gov.uscourts.ilcd.70076.310.0.pdf
That was quite a read!
I already searched high up and low down for the unfortunate guinea-pig.
I never found him.
There is little new here.
and no clarification regarding whether he destroyed her body or hid it.
They never found her.
I'm left wondering for the umpteenth time whether they ever really tried.
I'm also left wondering when exactly he knew that people were searching for her and whether that influenced how he dealt with her body.
The extra cleaning he gave to the passenger side of the car but not the driver's side shows a level of haphazardness or possibly panic or hurry.

It is amazing that no cctv camera picked up his car moving in any direction over that weekend.
He had a second car but I read nowhere it too was taken away for examination, but it probably was...?
At the rate this is going, compared to, say, the Dylan Roof case, there will be little room for appeal on technicalities.

Heard on the news that BC’s examination with the government mental health examiner today was cancelled. Not sure why. I’ll pass on info when I hear more.....

Wow. Evidently he withdrew his notice of intent to present mental health evidence in the penalty phase.....

https://www.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.ilcd.70076/gov.uscourts.ilcd.70076.317.0.pdf

No idea why. Plea deal coming, perhaps?

BBM

If that would allow Ms. Zhang's family to return to China with (at least some of) her remains, I'm all for it.

Heard on the news that BC’s examination with the government mental health examiner today was cancelled. Not sure why. I’ll pass on info when I hear more.....

Wow. Evidently he withdrew his notice of intent to present mental health evidence in the penalty phase.....

https://www.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.ilcd.70076/gov.uscourts.ilcd.70076.317.0.pdf

No idea why. Plea deal coming, perhaps?
Yeah, I definitely won’t be surprised if there is some sort of plea deal (…after all this #$%&@!!! time) in the works; so hard for me to see how this case goes to jury trial. But the one other possibility I worry about is if this is some sort of delay tactic? I imagine the Defense (if there is is no deal) trying right up to June for yet another postponement on some basis (almost certainly won’t get it, but trying nonetheless).

Yeah, I definitely won’t be surprised if there is some sort of plea deal (…after all this #$%&@!!! time) in the works; so hard for me to see how this case goes to jury trial. But the one other possibility I worry about is if this is some sort of delay tactic? I imagine the Defense (if there is is no deal) trying right up to June for yet another postponement on some basis (almost certainly won’t get it, but trying nonetheless).

A plea bargain might be coming, but after thinking about it a bit, it is important to note this all comes on the heels of Shadid denying the defense motion to keep the government rebuttal examiners from asking him questions about the crime. They filed multiple motions on this to try to keep it from happening, so it is obvious he does *not * want to have to answer questions about the crime to anyone working for the government.

Hard to b3live that he’d throw away a mental health based mitigation strategy just because he doesn’t want to answer questions about the crime to a government expert, when the results will be held under lock and key by a firewall counsel,and won’t be seen by anyone, ever, unless he is found guilty. What other possible things could he showcase to get at least one juror to feel enough sympathy for him to spare his life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
liacoletti