OH OH - Tyler Davis, 29, Columbus, 24 February 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
You may be right about busy traffic. I don't know anything about the area but I would assume it might slow down a little at 4am???

As for the camera footage, it's not so much whether they found the actual footage or not, it would take a lot of thought and planning to come up with a story that would line up with camera footage that COULD show up (in BD/friend's case of not knowing what the heck the investigation would uncover it would be a biggggggggggg risk to make up a whole scenario with the hope that somehow the evidence wouldnt uncover something else). And why would they do that? Because they killed him? Because there was some accident? There wasnt enough time to come up with a cover story. I just don't buy it personally. (but i invite all to prove me wrong lol) I have a hard time believing they're hiding anything. The only thing I think she might have not disclosed is if they smoke weed/maybe he was smoking pot in the woods not just ciggy. But that doesnt change anything and I kinda think it was just a cig personally.

I agree it’s a risk, but as anyone who watches or follows true crime knows, criminals are more often than not, forensically dumb. Especially the crime of opportunity and accidental homicide type. I don’t think it would be so hard to look at the hotel and notice where the cameras are and make sure you stand away from them. They are obvious on the building, not hidden or obscured.

It’s also possible that if the friend did something to Tyler when he met him out that BD and said friend could fake those phone calls. It is also possible that he was picked up by someone, hit by a intoxicated driver and taken, or fell in a river. At this point, LE nor those involved have given us the ability to definitively rule out BD or the friend as a suspect in his disappearance. LE is usually quick to do so to the media to avoid the speculation and get people to focus on the facts more to obtain more relevant tips and make their lives easier. Going from that, statistics give us the following: Tyler is probably deceased, and those responsible are probably someone he knew (unless the death was an accident and no one has found him yet obviously).

I don’t think we can rule out accidental death at all, but I also don’t think it’s wise to rule out foul play regardless of how hard it would seem to pull off the crime. I’m trying to keep an open mind on the scenarios but it really seems like an innocent accident of some kind resulting in his death would have produced a body by now since the wooded areas have been searched according to BD and everywhere else is heavily trafficked. I also don’t think LE would turn down professional search teams like they did unless they suspect it is a waste of time.

Let’s hope this is simply an accident and Tyler will be found. But I’m not holding my breath.

I don’t think I’ve seen anyone discuss this option:

Is it possible that the friend left in such a hurry in order to move or dispose of Tyler’s body after an accident? Of course that would mean that the call to BD after the friend returned would be a fabrication but that isn’t out of the realm of possibility. I haven’t seen anywhere that it was confirmed the friend did indeed go directly home after he left at 4:30.

Or could the friend have left to pick Tyler up to go somewhere or score etc and whatever happened resulted in the friend dumping Tyler somewhere due to fear of prosecution?

Have you ever had that friend in college that you've gone out drinking with a ton of times and when they are drunk they constantly wander off or bail on you? After a while you get really sick of going after them...so when said guy calls his wife and says "Im 5 minutes away, I see the hotel" you're like ok, peace out, I'm not chasing you all over the place....I have had that friend. More than once.

Have you ever had that friend in college that you've gone out drinking with a ton of times and when they are drunk they constantly wander off or bail on you? After a while you get really sick of going after them...so when said guy calls his wife and says "Im 5 minutes away, I see the hotel" you're like ok, peace out, I'm not chasing you all over the place....I have had that friend. More than once.

I lean toward that. I have been that friend lol.

I'm confused on the timeline. Was TD just wandering outside for 30 plus minutes? Time does fly while drunk. You can walk pretty far in 30 minutes.

Stories like this one, I wish I lived near, I would go walking. Just knowing he might be there, maybe a 2 mile radius, but its driving me nuts that I can't go look. I have this weird ocd of finding things!!!

Everyone has made really great theories of what could of happen. What about TD health, good possibility that they did argue and he left.

I am a bit stuck on her (per podcast) remembering EXACTLY what the good friend was drinking all night (liquor (I’ve forgotten which specific one, but she named it) + “coke, or was it Diet Coke?”) and Tyler was drinking ....”um shots, maybe vodka, or tequila?” Why wouldn’t she have known exactly what her husband was drinking if they were all sat together all night? She’s a bartender. It’s her job to remember drinks! And this was the first time they ever went out drinking together? Really? There is something about the way she talks about the good friend that gives me the impression she’s crushing on him. Could be completely harmless, and maybe she is just really convinced this friend (the last person to see Tyler alive) is innocent in this situation, so she wants to praise him highly. But it could also be what any possible arguing was about, too, and why Tyler might have walked off. I do not believe (yet) that she is involved in harming her husband, but the signs pointing at the friend knowing way more about where Tyler is are STRONG. Moo.

I don’t think I’ve seen anyone discuss this option:

Is it possible that the friend left in such a hurry in order to move or dispose of Tyler’s body after an accident? Of course that would mean that the call to BD after the friend returned would be a fabrication but that isn’t out of the realm of possibility. I haven’t seen anywhere that it was confirmed the friend did indeed go directly home after he left at 4:30.

Or could the friend have left to pick Tyler up to go somewhere or score etc and whatever happened resulted in the friend dumping Tyler somewhere due to fear of prosecution?

Very possible that the friend and husband both went back to the strip club to finish partying. The husbands “taking a walk” would have been him waiting for his friend to go inside the hotel to get keys or whatever.

I had to go back and listen to that part again because I thought she said 2 rooms tooq...she actually said 2 room keys. They gave one to the friend in case they were separated and he needed to crash in their room.
She also says two rooms at the 37 minute mark of Part 1, but it could be a misspeak.

What if TD were out walking, and someone in a strange car pulled up and said”hey, did you need an Uber?” And him being drunk, just hopped in. Also though I feel that The reason TD Walked off is because there was something going on with the friend and the girlfriend.

I listened to her interview on the True Crime Garage podcast. And also tried to keep in mind that they had all been drinking so her memory might not be 100 percent. She referred to receipts and phone records to recreate the night/time line. She cleared up the "argument" question for me. Evidently TD wakes up grumpy and that was the problem after the Uber ride. He was exhausted, drunk and disoriented. His friend has known him for years and offered to walk it off with him..have a smoke and cool off (my words).
I found BD to be believable but the whole situation rubs me the wrong way. Mostly because his friend returned without him and left before TD made it back to the hotel.

Why didnt he go up and crash in the room until TD returned? Also, why has he remained quiet and doesnt want to be identified publically? If he is a life long friend, why isnt he front and center backing BD up and looking for his friend? Did he leave BD after the 4:10 phone call, find TD and then something terrible happened?
If you listen very closely to the middle of part 2... Apparently, he called at 4 10. At 4 15, they caught video of the friend on video because the two of them BD & the friend walked a bit doen the road to look for Tyler. They parted ways at some point. And, that is why the camera only caught the friend. There should be video of her. From a different camera walking as well? Or at least walking away from the hotel with the friend at 4 10- 4 12, for the friend to be on camera at 4 15.

I've listened to the Dateline interview, both of the TCG podcasts and the quick clips on local news. As others have said, the way she is very detailed about minor things but doesn't go into much detail at all of the critical things is concerning.

Something keeps bringing me back to the friend & BD's relationship and has left me with questions...

1. It's her birthday and their male friend comes along?
2. They've never gone drinking together before, ever?
3. She's never been to a gentleman's club but decides to do this on her birthday with her husband and his friend? Does anyone else find that an odd choice?
4. She recalls what the friend drank but not her husband?
5. The friend had a room key but lives 10 mins from the hotel?
6. When asked about the friend (when the page/group was public) "When the friend came back without Tyler did you ask him where they were? Did he walk you back to that location or at least tell you where they walked to or the last place exactly where he saw Tyler?" - BD did not reply yet she replied to the comment just under it.
7. When the friend arrived at the hotel room, she was just getting out of the shower. The guys remained in the room watching trash tv while she got dressed. Does anyone know which room they had? I want to say someone said $151 per night? They do have rooms with sleeper sofas (BD mentions the friend might have crashed on the sofa) I am looking at the rooms and they aren't large enough for a woman to get dressed without the other people seeing her (unless she stayed in the bathroom).

Other observations

1. All questions, statements, and posts are commented on and turned off at BDs discretion - is she just trying to control the narrative so it doesn't get out of control? Initially, she posted "nothing is too big or small, anything helps". Now all comments on all posts are turned off pretty quickly and we cannot go back to read anything that's been turned off. It's a bit hard to assist if you cannot read anything.
2. She lists he had "no medical conditions" - so I am assuming Missy was just making a general statement about his health and being a smoker, not that he was "sickly".
3. He hasn't been seen on any cameras anywhere in Easton? I swear I read or heard there are more than 300. How is it possible that none caught him but they DID catch his friend walking?

What if TD were out walking, and someone in a strange car pulled up and said”hey, did you need an Uber?” And him being drunk, just hopped in. Also though I feel that The reason TD Walked off is because there was something going on with the friend and the girlfriend.
Again, back to a crime of opportunity. Some creep murderer is out lurking around at 4 am in the cold, looking for a man to abduct in this specific area?
But, when you think about it, there is someone that we are told did leave the hotel around that time to "go home"... Most likely in their vehicle.

Yes but she says over and over that he'd never walk away, he never had and wouldn't.

I've listened to the Dateline interview, both of the TCG podcasts and the quick clips on local news. As others have said, the way she is very detailed about minor things but doesn't go into much detail at all of the critical things is concerning.

Something keeps bringing me back to the friend & BD's relationship and has left me with questions...

1. It's her birthday and their male friend comes along?
2. They've never gone drinking together before, ever?
3. She's never been to a gentleman's club but decides to do this on her birthday with her husband and his friend? Does anyone else find that an odd choice?
4. She recalls what the friend drank but not her husband?
5. The friend had a room key but lives 10 mins from the hotel?
6. When asked about the friend (when the page/group was public) "When the friend came back without Tyler did you ask him where they were? Did he walk you back to that location or at least tell you where they walked to or the last place exactly where he saw Tyler?" - BD did not reply yet she replied to the comment just under it.
7. When the friend arrived at the hotel room, she was just getting out of the shower. The guys remained in the room watching trash tv while she got dressed. Does anyone know which room they had? I want to say someone said $151 per night? They do have rooms with sleeper sofas (BD mentions the friend might have crashed on the sofa) I am looking at the rooms and they aren't large enough for a woman to get dressed without the other people seeing her (unless she stayed in the bathroom).

Other observations

1. All questions, statements, and posts are commented on and turned off at BDs discretion - is she just trying to control the narrative so it doesn't get out of control? Initially, she posted "nothing is too big or small, anything helps". Now all comments on all posts are turned off pretty quickly and we cannot go back to read anything that's been turned off. It's a bit hard to assist if you cannot read anything.
2. She lists he had "no medical conditions" - so I am assuming Missy was just making a general statement about his health and being a smoker, not that he was "sickly".
3. He hasn't been seen on any cameras anywhere in Easton? I swear I read or heard there are more than 300. How is it possible that none caught him but they DID catch his friend walking?
Everything you said and all your questions are spot on.
The only thing I will say is in regards to #3. She is 23. And, during her teens, young adulthood, strip clubs have been sensationalized via celebrities. So, maybe it's just what she wanted to do. Whether it was her first time or not, I don't know. In college we would very occasionally end up at a strip club (and it was just a group of 5-10 girlfriends). I will say this... There is absolutely NO WAY that I would say to my husband, "hey let' go to the strip club and drag your friend along!" That would be even more awkward than it being not only my first time in a club, but add on my first time going with my husband, and it's the first time you have every "gone out drinking together" (personally, my husband and I have never been to a strip club together. Can't imagine that it isn't awkward, a least a little. )

I've been that friend and have had those friends. I go back to one or two stories from my past, thinking about how they played out.
They could have ended very poorly.
Some of us are such idiots in our late teens, early 20s.

There's something weighing on my mind: BD has made it clear that they weren't at all familiar with Columbus since they live in Wilmington. TD's parents live in Circleville and they met in Grove City to transfer their son to his parents' care. Was he raised in Circleville as opposed to Wilmington? If so, he most certainly was very familiar with Columbus. Circleville is nearly a suburb of Columbus. Folks who live in and around Circleville ARE well versed in "the lay of the land" of Easton. When they shop or want to go to the mall, that's where they go. The teenagers travel to Columbus for entertainment and sporting events. (I live between Circleville and Grove City and know this to be true)

Maybe this doesn't mean a thing in the big scheme of things but she makes it sound as if they were in a foreign land. I doubt he was as unfamiliar with the area.

I have not listened to her interview because I've read here what she had to say and I am not one to care about how she is presenting herself. I (respectfully!) dislike all the judging about her demeanor, voice, laughing, etc. People are different. Not everyone reacts to things the same. Some people are flighty, some people are very descriptive, some people are negative, etc.; these personality traits don't change in a stressful situation - they are likely exaggerated. I know I use a lot of superlatives and lose my train of thought often... I can't tell a story from start to finish to save my life. I will start into details (that don't even matter) and get off on a tangent and forget what I started off talking about.... :oops:

That said, I do believe BD and/or the friend are leaving out something that they don't think is important (for whatever reason), which makes them seem less credible.

Edited to add: I keep thinking maybe they just got fed up with his drunk behavior and that is what they are hiding. I know the annoyance of being the sober one and being irritated with someone.
Love your post!
I'm with you. There is no way to tell what any part of her demeanor might mean unless one is an expert. You are spot on when you say everyone acts differently especially to a situation that goes beyond anything tragic, horrific, or unimaginable. Our daily behavior is a culmination of life experience, coping skills, beliefs, frame of reference, etc. and helps guide us in the norm but is insufficient when tragedy hits. Tragedy can leave you lost in a world you don't recognize along with all the physical changes the body goes through that affect thinking, emotion. Add to that you are being questioned by LE, trying to do all you can to help find your missing husband, taking care of and trying to protect the emotional well being of your child? The principle is loosely similar to someone returning to war with PTSD or losing a child. Unless you have walked in their shoes you have no idea what goes on in their head. Sorry if TMI but this topic hits close to the heart.

I think BD and friend may be leaving something out publicly but that doesn't mean they haven't told LE. It very well could be something LE wants to hold back from the public.

Question to locals, are there any bridges in the area around the mall?

I wonder if something happened (physically or verbally) that night that triggered him to become distraught/suicidal especially in his inebriated state.

Question to locals, are there any bridges in the area around the mall?

I wonder if something happened (physically or verbally) that night that triggered him to become distraught/suicidal especially in his inebriated state.

Fairly flat here in Central Ohio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member