Identified! FL - Big Cypress Natl Preserve, Male Hiker, Denim & “Mostly Harmless” July 2018 - Vance Rodriguez #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
From my understanding, Turks are usually darker in complexion and brown eyed. Our guy has a light-medium complexion and fair hair/eyes. It's not impossible, but I don't think he "looks Turkish." It would be really interesting to see a breakdown of his ethnicity.

I do, however, think he looks like Timothy Olyphant :D

Some Turks are olive and some are fair. I’m not saying he’s absolutely Turkish, just that he looks like someone I know who is Turkish and shares some of the same traits with him. FWIW quite a few of the Turkish men I know have blue/green eyes. Anyway, he’s probably not Turkish, but his resemblance to my former coworker jumped out at me instantly.

I am ill-informed about that & honestly, didn't even research it prior to the comment...just blurted it right out. Not a good sleuthing quality lol Thank you for clarifying. That makes sense.

I keep looking at this kid. I don’t think it’s very likely due to the circumstances but posting him. I’m not sure what is but I see simalarities. The ears look close in some pics but not in others.

Jefferson Brian Arms – The Charley Project

Attachments

• 25D88C74-5575-47D2-BF99-BC802D49F306.jpeg
    25D88C74-5575-47D2-BF99-BC802D49F306.jpeg
    71.2 KB · Views: 18
  • 4156B229-D6ED-49C4-9B6A-743E6FBD6DEB.jpeg
    4156B229-D6ED-49C4-9B6A-743E6FBD6DEB.jpeg
    75.5 KB · Views: 15
  • 02A3C491-DDA1-4173-AC28-3998FA768F49.png
    02A3C491-DDA1-4173-AC28-3998FA768F49.png
    47.7 KB · Views: 17
  • 89E81F23-464C-4F36-99E0-CC6A95BA5394.png
    89E81F23-464C-4F36-99E0-CC6A95BA5394.png
    47.3 KB · Views: 15
Is anyone here good at finding inmates in prison or the status of court cases? I found a man I think looks like Denim who was arrested in 2016 in Montana. If he bailed out of jail he could have decided to "disappear" before his court case. But I can't find any updates on whether he is still being held. His ears and his beard pattern really struck me as looking like Denim's. Note how the folds of his ear make three segments (most people only have one or two segments from my observation) and his earlobes are attached lobes. Description fits: brown hair, blue eyes, 5' 7".
upload_2019-4-19_11-25-4.png
The arrested man was suspected of stealing jewelry valued at more than $33,000, a hand gun and other items from four different residences

Great Falls police issue $100,000 arrest warrant for Regimbal
Great Falls theft suspect arrested on $100,000 warrant

He's probably sitting in jail somewhere but I'm hoping someone can confirm that. Also, I'm guessing fingerprints should have brought up a match but I wanted to post to see if anyone could locate this man in the prison system. $33,000 would be plenty of money to disappear on the AT for a couple years. MOO.

Last edited:
Is anyone here good at finding inmates in prison or the status of court cases? I found a man I think looks like Denim who was arrested in 2016 in Montana. If he bailed out of jail he could have decided to "disappear" before his court case. But I can't find any updates on whether he is still being held. His ears and his beard pattern really struck me as looking like Denim's. Note how the folds of his ear make three segments (most people only have one or two segments from my observation) and his earlobes are attached lobes. Description fits: brown hair, blue eyes, 5' 7".
View attachment 180155
The arrested man was suspected of stealing jewelry valued at more than $33,000, a hand gun and other items from four different residences

He's probably sitting in jail somewhere but I'm hoping someone can confirm that. Also, I'm guessing fingerprints should have brought up a match but I wanted to post to see if anyone could locate this man in the prison system. $33,000 would be plenty of money to disappear on the AT for a couple years. MOO.

I'm pretty sure I found a current FB for him. Google his name and Montana and it should come up.

View attachment 180155

Regimbal has a tattoo. Not MH.
Offender Information

IMO we shouldn't be searching for convicted criminals. They ran MH's fingerprints and didn't come up with a match in any system. That means he hasn't been to prison.

I agree. I have been looking for people with warrants out and that is how I came across the news articles about Regimbal. I don't want to believe Denim/MH was a criminal. But Denim/MH having a large amount of money and being secretive seems to point in that direction. He may have a warrant out but not be in the AFIS system yet. MOO.

In my opinion 3200 is not a lot of money..even if he started with 10k it is not a lot of money. If say he had 32k it could have been received from an inheritance, the sale of a home, insurance policy, or many other ways than by committing a crime. I saved 10k in six months because I wanted to buy something and made sacrifices. There are many reasons a person may want to disappear--health and family issues just to name a few

Throwing this one out there--fingerprints should be on file-but mistakes are made sometimes....
Alexander Glenn-
Missing since July 23, 2017--last seen at the Morgan Lake Campground in Long Lake, Wisconsin
5’10”, about 140 lbs. with brown hair and grey or hazel eyes
Also missed a court date on July 31, 2017 for charges of child *advertiser censored*

Alexander-Glenn-web.jpg

WI - WI - Alexander Glenn, 28, Florence County, 23 July 2017
Alex Glenn
Warrant issued for missing man on child *advertiser censored* charges - ABC 10/CW 5

Throwing this one out there--fingerprints should be on file-but mistakes are made sometimes....
Alexander Glenn-
Missing since July 23, 2017--last seen at the Morgan Lake Campground in Long Lake, Wisconsin
Also missed a court date on July 31, 2017 for charges of child *advertiser censored*

Alexander-Glenn-web.jpg

Alex Glenn
Warrant issued for missing man on child *advertiser censored* charges - ABC 10/CW 5

An intriguing mp case....on his Facebook site I saw he has his ears pierced and earrings....IIRR MH doesn't have his ears pierced...or am I wrong?

Alexander Glenn-

Alexander-Glenn-web.jpg

Alex Glenn
IIRC, MH was already well on his way on the trail by July 2017. And IMO, there's not much of a resemblance

Alexander Glenn-

Alexander-Glenn-web.jpg

Alex Glenn

I see some resemblance but this photo looks like he might have some tattoos on his arm:
glenn13.jpg

MISSING: Alexander Glenn missing from Florence County

He is not in NAMUS. I don't think this is Denim, but it might be worth sending in to get Glenn ruled out (or sending Denim's info to the Wisconsin police and asking in Glenn had any tattoos). There is some physical similarities and he walked away while camping presumingly because he had pending charges he didn't want to face-- that's just the type of missing person Denim might be. MOO.

Last edited:
IIRC, MH was already well on his way on the trail by July 2017. And IMO, there's not much of a resemblance

I wouldn't rule out someone who went missing in June or July 2017. Although he claimed to have started in New York in either May or June and a few hikers thought they had met him in places such as Unionville-- I believe the earliest documented photo of Denim was from late September* at a Virginia hostel. It is conceivable to me that he hitchhiked to the AT in Virginia and then proceeded to tell others he had started in New York in June. One person thought he had said he started in NY in April as well. The varying start dates could be from Denim's story changing or from poor witness memory. MOO.

*ETA: I just checked the timeline and the hiker (Obsidian) who was with Denim at the Front Royal, Virginia hostel met him on the AT in early Aug. That is credible info because Obsidian had photos of him. I can't find any earlier photos of him. MOO.

Last edited:
I wouldn't rule out someone who went missing in June or July 2017. Although he claimed to have started in New York in either May or June and a few hikers thought they had met him in places such as Unionville-- I believe the earliest documented photo of Denim was from late September* at a Virginia hostel. It is conceivable to me that he hitchhiked to the AT in Virginia and then proceeded to tell others he had started in New York in June. One person thought he had said he started in NY in April as well. The varying start dates could be from Denim's story changing or from poor witness memory. MOO.

*ETA: I just checked the timeline and the hiker (Obsidian) who was with Denim at the Front Royal, Virginia hostel met him on the AT in early Aug. That is credible info because Obsidian had photos of him. I can't find any earlier photos of him. MOO.
There are two people who remember camping with him in New York. They remember him by face and trail name, so I think it's credible. This is also from before he died and his image was spread, so I'd trust the memory more than people who thought they may have met him somewhere after seeing his picture in 2018. They did state he was first starting out in NY and the post says he started in NY in June. IMO, this is credible information.
Mountain Crossings at Walasi-yi

There are two people who remember camping with him in New York. They remember him by face and trail name, so I think it's credible. This is also from before he died and his image was spread, so I'd trust the memory more than people who thought they may have met him somewhere after seeing his picture in 2018. They did state he was first starting out in NY and the post says he started in NY in June. IMO, this is credible information.
Mountain Crossings at Walasi-yi

I'm aware of those comments. I have no doubt they are sincere in thinking they met him. They may have actually met him as well. But memories can be faulty. And as we see by the numerous suggestions in this thread Denim resembled many other hikers. He also chose a fairly common trail name. I would be more confident in their having met our Denim in NY if there were photos of him there as well. Or at least some additional documentation-- like if he had used the same alias (Ben Bilemy) at the Visitor's Center to get a camping permit that would be solid evidence to me that the same person was there, as Bilemy seems to be a made-up surname. I'm not saying he wasn't in NY. He could have been telling the truth about everything and could have started out there. But in evaluating the weight of eyewitness accounts, I can't completely rule out mistaken identity. MOO.

I wish we knew whether or not anyone noticed an accent. He had claimed to be from Brooklyn if I am recalling correctly. Many (if not most) people from Brooklyn have an accent. To someone not from the tristate area, they may just classify it as a “NY accent”, but even that would be helpful to narrow down where he is originally from.

It’s crazy how many people he interacted with during his travels that have come forward (especially on social media). I am hesitant to say it, because I get the vibe he may have wanted to stay anonymous, but I feel like social media is the best way for this to be solved, a la grateful doe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NPOL1566