OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#46

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have one running across the farm. I hate it. If you stand under it you can hear it "sing". They stretch for miles, and if there is parts of a farm that has a lot of trees or is overgrown, they will keep them trimmed down within their easement. However, a lot of land owners fence their properties. If the utility workers need to get in, they go in through the property entrance to get to the easement. Some owners will sell them a portion of the farm for a substation. The utility company will have the keys to get into the gates. They do not want folks near those substations. If there is not fencing between the properties, then a 4wheeler might do okay, but it would be slow going, imo, due to the rugged terrain there.
Thanks for the info rsd. That's what I thought they were. So this question is for all. Do you think one car or multiple cars were used that night to drive down UHR and LFR right up to the residences? Or do you think they rode up a different road, dropped people off who then made their way through the woods to the homes? Anyone think ATV's involved? Horses? I'm just curious what everyone thinks on how they actually conveyed themselves to and from the scenes in the middle of the night/early morning?

Until proven otherwise, I will hold my stake with the Prosecution and as listed in Count of the Aggravated Murder charge in each of the 4 indictments that they had "automatic" firearms.

I stand corrected, Loomis. You are correct on the automatic firearm verbiage in the indictment. My intent was to provide some data specific to questions on caliber, etc. In hindsight, I should have left my commentary out on the automatic vs. semi-automatic nature of the guns. It's a miracle only one child was murdered that night!

Would you agree that the weapons were most likely automatic handguns? Is it your sense from the indictments that the handguns came as automatic direct from the manufacturer or that they were modified after purchase? Thank you for your insight.

Thanks for the info rsd. That's what I thought they were. So this question is for all. Do you think one car or multiple cars were used that night to drive down UHR and LFR right up to the residences? Or do you think they rode up a different road, dropped people off who then made their way through the woods to the homes? Anyone think ATV's involved? Horses? I'm just curious what everyone thinks on how they actually conveyed themselves to and from the scenes in the middle of the night/early morning?

Someone a few pages back noted that in discovery a trail cam is listed from a property that was for sale, a property beside one if the victim's properties. The poster mentioned that it had a long and winding driveway. They wondered how well a trail cam could capture data at night through thick forest and underbrush.

Was that property for sale at the time of the murders? If so, perhaps the Ws might have chosen to congregate there on that property, thinking they'd be out of the range of any of the R's surveillance?

We appoint you, Betty. Lol. Although I would love to, if I lived close enough!

Betty, I've a sneaking suspicion that we don't live too terribly far away from one another. Let me know if you're up for a road trip. I volunteer to go with you or a small group or to meet up down that way and go from there. I'm not too proud to admit that I'd be scared speechless to go alone. :(:confused::eek::eek:

Someone a few pages back noted that in discovery a trail cam is listed from a property that was for sale, a property beside one if the victim's properties. The poster mentioned that it had a long and winding driveway. They wondered how well a trail cam could capture data at night through thick forest and underbrush.

Was that property for sale at the time of the murders? If so, perhaps the Ws might have chosen to congregate there on that property, thinking they'd be out of the range of any of the R's surveillance?
I believe it's the closest neighbor on one side of DR's home. Not the side where the barn is right there next to the driveway and road, it's going the other way on UHR. I also remember reading that it was occupied at the time of the murders, then put up for sale after some time had past. I believe that part was posted here on WS but not sure.

I believe it's the closest neighbor on one side of DR's home. Not the side where the barn is right there next to the driveway and road, it's going the other way on UHR. I also remember reading that it was occupied at the time of the murders, then put up for sale after some time had past. I believe that part was posted here on WS but not sure.

A realtor out of MI has it now. They bought it in Jan. 2017. There's one home between that property and DR's property.

Dunno if this has been mentioned..... but in AW discovery there is game cam footage from 51 UHR. I looked it up on Google Earth and there is only 1 home that seperates 51UHR from DR new home. 51UHR was for sale not long ago and there are pics online. The trailor on the property sits a pretty good distance from the road w/ a winding driveway. Looking at the landscape on Google Earth I cant imagne where a game cam could have been mounted in order for it to have any relevance to LE?
There must have been a camera out by the road. What are they growing that gets so tall? It would be like a maze in that cornfield at certain points of the year

And to add to Jonas' point, that number would be at the very upper end of what at one time was suggested to have maybe existed on the premises. We've not seen one plant, not one leaf, not one bud...

I wonder if it was someone from the W family who called LE first thing that morning to tell them of the "huge" grow op and where to find it? I've always had a feeling that nearly all the "tips" provided from the first hours of the Manley's discovery of the bodies were "tips" called in by the Wagners - Jake, Billy, Angela, etc. Part of their plan was to push the murder investigation away from them as quickly as possible.

Trays of seedlings, money thrown on KR's body and arranging to have Bobby Jo and James Manley made quite the fuel for Wagner tips to LE and helped distract from the custody fight, the possibility of Jake being the last person to see HMR before the murder, etc. Getting on social media early helped them spread many of these rumors to the public. Remember how someone kept stirring up rumors about BJM's 911 call? The Wagners were looking to buy enough time to get rid of evidence, change hair color, clean up vehicles, wait for injuries to heal, spy on social media and any "bugging" devices they had left behind, etc. If they had planted bugging devices around any of the Rhoden properties, they would have heard LE discussing the murders and investigation, up until the time LE found the "bugs".

What if the W's brought in more trays of seedlings and planted them on the properties the night of the murders to make it look more like a cartel (or ISIS :rolleyes:) hit? They had plenty of space at the Peterson Rd farm to have their own grow op.

Just things to think about.

Since there's mention in AW's discovery that evidence included video from a game cam on a neighbors property, it seems possible that they parked some distance away from DR & CR1's homes and walked between. The other possibility is that the game cam picked up a car driving by. I do recall Reader asking the public, specifically neighbors, if they knew or saw anything the night of the murders.

Here's interesting info from one of the later press conferences a few days after the murders:

Investigators have interviewed between 50 and 60 people in hopes of finding leads, and a team of 38 people is combing wooded areas around the shooting scenes to ensure no evidence was missed, authorities said.

BBM

Last edited:
I wonder if it was someone from the W family who called LE first thing that morning to tell them of the "huge" grow op and where to find it? I've always had a feeling that nearly all the "tips" provided from the first hours of the Manley's discovery of the bodies were "tips" called in by the Wagners - Jake, Billy, Angela, etc. Part of their plan was to push the murder investigation away from them as quickly as possible.

Trays of seedlings, money thrown on KR's body and arranging to have Bobby Jo and James Manley made quite the fuel for Wagner tips to LE and helped distract from the custody fight, the possibility of Jake being the last person to see HMR before the murder, etc. Getting on social media early helped them spread many of these rumors to the public. Remember how someone kept stirring up rumors about BJM's 911 call? The Wagners were looking to buy enough time to get rid of evidence, change hair color, clean up vehicles, wait for injuries to heal, spy on social media and any "bugging" devices they had left behind, etc. If they had planted bugging devices around any of the Rhoden properties, they would have heard LE discussing the murders and investigation, up until the time LE found the "bugs".

What if the W's brought in more trays of seedlings and planted them on the properties the night of the murders to make it look more like a cartel (or ISIS :rolleyes:) hit? They had plenty of space at the Peterson Rd farm to have their own grow op.

Just things to think about.

I feel the same on some tips and have also wondered if bugging devices were left behind. Finding devices could have been a reason for moving the homes. Maybe the W’s expected to slip in and remove the bugs expecting the homes not to be moved, but be released with the land.

• Offered information to the BCI on business associates of one of the victims.
Lawyer: Mike DeWine is harassing family in Rhoden case that moved to Alaska

"When it launches in May 2019, Court TV will feature "in-depth legal reporting and expert analysis of the nation's most important and compelling trials," according to a release."
I would say the biggest investigation in Ohio history and the subsequent trials would be "important and compelling". We can hope Court TV covers them.

Court TV is returning - CNN

Thanks for letting us know. They are launching only 2 months before Fred's trial, hope they can do it. Fred seems to like publicity. Here is a site that did the arraignment's, maybe they will do something on the trials, called Law and Crime:

Watch Live: Arraignment in Pike County Murder Case

Betty, I've a sneaking suspicion that we don't live too terribly far away from one another. Let me know if you're up for a road trip. I volunteer to go with you or a small group or to meet up down that way and go from there. I'm not too proud to admit that I'd be scared speechless to go alone. :(:confused::eek::eek:

That would be great! My ideal trip would be to go down there, drop off a gift basket to Sheriff Reader and hang out in the coffee shop talking to the locals. After that I'd like to visit Ms. Geneva Rhoden and take her, Tony and any others who want to go out for a nice lunch or dinner. Buy her a nice potted plant or something. Same for Len Manley and his family. I think if I wanted to drive down UHR, I would contact Len and Tony to see if its ok. Then I would drive down Camp Creek Road, etc.

ETA: I would also do the cemetery tour. Load up on some nice silk flower arrangements and visit all the graves.

I feel the same on some tips and have also wondered if bugging devices were left behind. Finding devices could have been a reason for moving the homes. Maybe the W’s expected to slip in and remove the bugs expecting the homes not to be moved, but be released with the land.

• Offered information to the BCI on business associates of one of the victims.
Lawyer: Mike DeWine is harassing family in Rhoden case that moved to Alaska

I wondered the same thing. If nothing, to preserve the evidence of what had been planted there.

Loomis, surprisingly I'm going to stick up for the Wagners regarding this photo!
For many years my family has tried to get the perfect family photo for our Christmas card picture.
More years than not, we settled for the photo that was the "least awful" of all of us.

What photo?

I stand corrected, Loomis. You are correct on the automatic firearm verbiage in the indictment. My intent was to provide some data specific to questions on caliber, etc. In hindsight, I should have left my commentary out on the automatic vs. semi-automatic nature of the guns. It's a miracle only one child was murdered that night!

Would you agree that the weapons were most likely automatic handguns? Is it your sense from the indictments that the handguns came as automatic direct from the manufacturer or that they were modified after purchase? Thank you for your insight.

No problem at all. I dont know anything about guns, but it seems like they like to modify them, build silencers, etc.

Thanks, Buckeyes! Always appreciate your posts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd