OH OH - Tyler Davis, 29, Columbus, 24 February 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve followed cases where LE has been totally quiet but I don’t recall any cases where LE never even made an initial post or communication about a missing person. Maybe it’s not uncommon though. Has anyone else seen this?

I see that the CPD has made posts about other missing persons.

It is pretty strange. They didn't even respond to Dateline.

One strange thing I wanted to ask about. Is it weird BD is “freaking out” so much early on?

Also at 22:07 in part one she states that while Sean called them an Uber one of the girls came out of the strip club to give them a bottle of water. Is this not weird to anyone else? Why did she do that? That’s only been done in my experience if someone in the group is SLOPPY drunk. Is that why she was in the bathroom so long? Was she sick drunk? Or was Tyler? This could explain the freaking out. Maybe everyone was just really drunk.

Prior to the DH, she had 6-7 drinks in approx 5 hours. She says at the DH, she was drinking Bahama Mamas. She had 3-4 more drinks. So, 7 hours, max 11 drinks. According to her.
The take away from this varies person to person.
But, according to the CDC, that isn't considered binge drinking.
That's 1.56 drinks per hour.[/QUOTE]

I’ve followed cases where LE has been totally quiet but I don’t recall any cases where LE never even made an initial post or communication about a missing person. Maybe it’s not uncommon though. Has anyone else seen this?

I see that the CPD has made posts about other missing persons.

It is ODD. Is it because he is male and assumed he just left willingly? If they knew he left her are they legally obligated to tell his family? :(

Just throwing this out there. If anyone is interested in looking at a map of the area of TD's LKN (or any other area) LexisNexis Community Crime Map shows the reported crimes, type of crimes, times & dates and many other options. The general link is below I only see 2 crimes (theft) for Feb 24 & 25 but it gives an idea of crime in that area.
LexisNexis® Community Crime Map

I've been that friend and have had those friends. I go back to one or two stories from my past, thinking about how they played out.
They could have ended very poorly.
Some of us are such idiots in our late teens, early 20s.
The men were 29 ot
That is not the same thing as hanging out at a bar together drinking. But also, who is watching the kid if they are hanging at a bar together?
Who is watching the baby if they are both working nights? She said how much he had to work to get the weekend off and I think a bartender would be in high demand on the weekend so hard to have one of them home.

I’ve been following this site and true crime for many many years, and I have never ever heard such a detailed account as the one I heard on TCG. Amazing memory and clarity even though she was drunk and up all night.
New to this site. But, have been listening and reading true crime for a while.
You're right. So many details. But none surrounding the things that matter most.
Why was Tyler apologizing so much when he called? According to her, he said sorry at least twice in the few sessions they talked. What was the fight about? She said they argued. Over what? Him being grumpy when he got out of the Uber?

The men were 29 ot

Who is watching the baby if they are both working nights? She said how much he had to work to get the weekend off and I think a bartender would be in high demand on the weekend so hard to have one of them home.

She is 23.
The men were 29 ot

She is 23. I can't remember now, but I think I was talking about going to the strip club and being young enough to engage is behavior that we as adults find more questionable now that we're older .

Not implying that going to a strip club is questionable. You do you.
I am referring to decision that some of us made when we were younger that make us go wtf was I thinking???

I’m still stuck on the fact that police weren’t contacted until 1130am. Wtf? Calls everyone BUT the police. I’d be losing my *advertiser censored* and would have called LE ASAP. It was cold and he was drinking. It was a dangerous situation.

Also, WHAT was he doing for 30 minutes
between the two calls? That’s what I really want to know. How long was the friend with him before he came back alone?

Last edited:
I’m still stuck on the fact that police weren’t contacted until 1130am. Wtf? Calls everyone BUT the police. I’d be losing my **** and would have called LE ASAP. It was cold and he was drinking. It was a dangerous situation.

Also, WHAT was he doing for 30 minutes
between the two calls? That’s what I really want to know. How long was the friend with him before he came back alone?
Imagine this :
You've been out all night drinking. It's 29°. Cold, and windy. Everyone in your party is at the very least drunk.
You get back, get dropped off at your hotel, and your spouse is so confused that they don't even know where they're at/ staying. He takes off. After 30 mins... You're freaking out. In the next hour, you start calling the hospitals, and the jails. You call everyone and anyone who might have information. But, you don't call the police and ask them to keep an eye out in Easton for your drunk, disoriented, EXHAUSTED husband. The folks who have trained people out and about all over the place. The folks who drive around all night, who are strategically placed throughout the City to be there maybe questionable activity. The only ones that are probably out and about at 4 am in the 3.5 mile radius he could have traveled.
I get that the cops aren't going to dispatch every available officer to the area to do a full grid search. But, what they would do, is keep an eye out. You think he maybe passed out on a bench? Guess who will notice someone passed out on a bench at 4 am in Feb... Police.
I don't know. The more I listen and read, none of this makes sense in real life.

Last edited:
I am not sure if I am allowed to post this here or not but I was researching the missing person rayvon davonte mcauley-bowers who recently went missing about two weeks in the early hours of the morning just as TD did. Does it strike anyone like it does me that this person, TD and Joey Labute all have similar features, similar looks to them. Does anyone else agree?

I am not sure if I am allowed to post this here or not but I was researching the missing person rayvon davonte mcauley-bowers who recently went missing about two weeks in the early hours of the morning just as TD did. Does it strike anyone like it does me that this person, TD and Joey Labute all have similar features, similar looks to them. Does anyone else agree?

Brown eyes, brown hair? All males in their 20's?

I posted that in another group a while back...I too think it seems more than a little coincidental.

I am only halfway through the first podcast, and I'm shaking my head so hard it hurts. I even took notes of everything BD says that just doesn't make sense.
This whole thing is extremely upsetting for me. There is now a HUGE Reddit thread on this case. . . . this case involving a guy I used to work with smh. Again, I didn't know him outside of work, but most people don't have a filter in the pub kind of environment anyway, plus the cooks were allowed to drink (Tyler was a cook there) so I very highly doubt his personality at work was any different than his personality outside of work.
Here's the list of things that bother me from the first Podcast, and again, I'm barely halfway through it:

1. They both have separate bank accounts. WHY? For some reason, the guys at TCG felt this was a good question to ask. I could fully understand having separate accounts as newlyweds, BEFORE you have children. After you have children, what on earth is the reason for having separate accounts???
2. "I don't think they even close til midnight." This was a statement made by BD in regards to Tyler's place of employment. How do you not know what time your husband's place of employment closes???
3. The comment about them watching "some really trashy" TV threw me for a loop. What the hell does that even MATTER? And they way she says it. . . . .like she's being discreet. . . . .and kind of laughing. . . .
4. "Tyler doesn't drink beer." Funny. Tyler would always have a couple beers during his Pub shifts. Maybe he changed tastes since then, but even if he did, why is that important??
5. "I like coconut." A comment made by BD when she tells us she was drinking Bahama Mama. WHY???????? You're talking about your missing husband, why is the fact that you like coconut important???
6. She goes on and on about the strip club itself. "We met some super nice ladies." "I learned a lot about strip clubs that night." It's almost as if the most eventful thing that happened to her that night was the fact that she went to a strip club for the first time!!!!!
7. She mentions that the bartender made her leave her drink. She says that Tyler drank some of it (or finished it, I wasn't clear on that). But, she tells us before that Tyler doesn't like mixed drinks???

I've read so many different theories and opinions. The friend of mine who is a close personal friend of TD and BD has been adamant that BD had nothing to do with this. So I always leaned in that direction. I remained objective up until this podcast. As soon as I heard the spunk in BD's voice during the podcast, I started to doubt some things. Could she possibly be drunk during the podcast? If she truly is grieving, maybe she had a few drinks while she was bartending (TCG states they conducted the interview at midnight). Maybe.
But then I come back to these threads and see something about her referring to herself as a "single mom". WHAT?????? So she's a single mom now?????
And all I can think about is the kind-hearted guy I worked with at the Pub two years ago, who was so excited about his baby being born, and probably would've worked ten jobs to support his wife and child. . . . .That guy is missing. And the more information I see/hear about his wife (mainly FROM her) the more I start to shake my head.

I haven't heard the podcast, but just based on your post here, I have to say that some of the wife's actions/sayings do not seem suspect to me. Re. the separate accounts, my hubby and I have been married 30-plus years with children, and I still have my own little 'mad money' account from when I was a teenager. It is more due to habit and ease than anything nefarious or odd; and just to give me a sense of independence as a housewife, etc.etc. Also, re. the wife's hubby supposedly drinking the rest of her cocktail, my hubby doesn't normally like mixed drinks either, but yet sometimes he would take a swig of mine just to see what it's like lol. As for making random comments like meeting some nice girls, etc. well, perhaps out of nervousness or chattiness in every situation, her usual banter is just due to habit. Also, although my hubby worked at the same place a long time, sometimes the hours of his business would change or were open in some fashion later than when he worked, so I only focussed on when he was finished work, not the actual closing time. I hope your former coworker is found soon! Awful!

Why was Tyler apologizing so much when he called? According to her, he said sorry at least twice in the few sessions they talked.
That is what B says. But we don't know if that is actually true. It might even have been B apologising to Tyler. Whatever the argument was it must have been bad enough for Tylor to walk away, something he had never done before B said.

It's possible Tyler was so hurt or so pissed off that he didn't want to speak to B nor the friend. And that B and the friend were the ones trying to convince Tyler to come back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater