GUILTY OH - Jonathan Minard, 14, found deceased, Carroll County, 13 April 2019

I have wondered about why he would be arriving at noon on Saturday if he was there to help milk cows. That is not the time cows are usually milked, no? Of course I could be remembering that wrong (about the time), or it could be information that has since been updated... Didn't his aunt say he had helped out at the farm before?

ETA: I'm sure there are many more things to do on the farm than milk the cows, but I keep seeing that he was there to help milk the cows.

Just reading up on this case. So many questions! I have read what I have been able to, so sorry if I missed answers to these; mainly these are just rhetorical questions I am thinking about:

-Was the 29 year old a family friend/someone the family has known for a while or is this a personal friend of JM?
-How long did JM know this man?
-Has he ever helped out on the farm before?
-Was he helping out because someone who works there was gone and they needed the help? Did he help out because this 29 year old is a friend of his and he wanted extra money?
-Who else was working on the farm that day, if anyone? A co-worker and her husband owe a pretty well-established dairy farm. She helps out before work early AM and when she gets home late afternoon, but the rest of the time, it's just her husband running it. So I guess I could see not many other people there.
-I am confused on the timing of 130 PM toothache, going to call Mom, but then POI seeing him at 730 that night?

I have such a bad feeling about this :( I can think of a few different awful reasons for a 29 year old to get close to a 14 year old. I hope this was just an innocent family friendship situation. And I so hope JM is found safe.

Since the family has asked that their privacy be respected and LE doesn't seem to be giving interviews recently, any updates might be found at the Sheriff's facebook page first. I'm reposting the link for anyone who wants to check occasionally. We never know when a new comment might have a tidbit of info we've been waiting for. Just remember not to post the comment here but we can direct others to the page to see for themselves.

Carroll County Sheriff's Office Ohio

Just because it isn't milking time doesn't mean there is no work to be done on a dairy farm. It's easily a 12 hour day without much time to relax on a dairy farm of any size.

I have wondered about why he would be arriving at noon on Saturday if he was there to help milk cows. That is not the time cows are usually milked, no? Of course I could be remembering that wrong (about the time), or it could be information that has since been updated... Didn't his aunt say he had helped out at the farm before?

ETA: I'm sure there are many more things to do on the farm than milk the cows, but I keep seeing that he was there to help milk the cows.

Since the family has asked that their privacy be respected and LE doesn't seem to be giving interviews recently, any updates might be found at the Sheriff's facebook page first. I'm reposting the link for anyone who wants to check occasionally. We never know when a new comment might have a tidbit of info we've been waiting for. Just remember not to post the comment here but we can direct others to the page to see for themselves.

TY for reposting this, Tillicum.
Was thinking about this last night and there are many places on a dairy farm that could hide a body, sorry to say.

If Jonathan's no longer with us -- I'm starting to think that the poi had help.
Maybe LE could take a look at his phone ?

Why are they asking for privacy. The last thing you want when loved one missing is privacy. They must already know something

Not only is their son missing but the POI is the son of a family friend, probably someone they have know all their lives. Someone they must have trusted and approved of considering the age difference. Those are hard circumstances to deal with.

Not only is their son missing but the POI is the son of a family friend, probably someone they have know all their lives. Someone they must have trusted and approved of considering the age difference. Those are hard circumstances to deal with.

The article I read doesn't appear to say that the POI's father was a family friend. I would understand it to say that JM was friends with the POI, and the farm belongs to the POI'S father.

"According to investigators, Minard was helping his 29-year-old friend on the dairy farm of the friend's dad..." Ohio police peg person of interest in case of missing boy, 14

Just reading up on this case. So many questions! I have read what I have been able to, so sorry if I missed answers to these; mainly these are just rhetorical questions I am thinking about:

-Was the 29 year old a family friend/someone the family has known for a while or is this a personal friend of JM?
From MSM links here on WS and interview with JM's aunt I have heard the POI referred to as "family friend" and "friend of JM.
-How long did JM know this man?
I don't believe this information has been reported on.
-Has he ever helped out on the farm before?
Yes, per aunt... JM has helped out with the cows before and he has earned extra money that way.
-Was he helping out because someone who works there was gone and they needed the help? Did he help out because this 29 year old is a friend of his and he wanted extra money?
No mention I've seen talks of someone else being gone that day. I understand he was helping out that weekend at the request of the POI, as he has done before, to earn some money.
-Who else was working on the farm that day, if anyone? A co-worker and her husband owe a pretty well-established dairy farm. She helps out before work early AM and when she gets home late afternoon, but the rest of the time, it's just her husband running it. So I guess I could see not many other people there.
The POI's father owns the farm and I believe he was there working that day along with the POI and JM. (someone correct me if I read this wrong... I have only read at MSM and aunt's interview)
-I am confused on the timing of 130 PM toothache, going to call Mom, but then POI seeing him at 730 that night?

I have such a bad feeling about this :( I can think of a few different awful reasons for a 29 year old to get close to a 14 year old. I hope this was just an innocent family friendship situation. And I so hope JM is found safe.

I have attempted to answer your questions after each question you asked. Yes... Supposedly JM complained of a toothache at approximately 1:30 pm on Saturday and was seen by POI at 7:30 pm on Saturday. That leaves 6 hours unaccounted for and, until we know how that time was filled, I really don't know what we can do but wait and hope that LE has some really good leads. At this point, with family requesting privacy and LE not making any announcements, I'm just dreading that the POI had JM isolated in some way and "all to himself" for that length of time. What I want to know is... did JM stay alone in the house for 6 hours (in pain but not calling his mother) while the POI went back to work until 7:30 pm? (and then suddenly disappear at that point)
~or~
Did JM "recover" from the toothache and go back to work until 7:30 pm and then walk into... and then out of the POI's house? (and disappear at that point) Would anyone believe either of those scenarios? I wouldn't. Doesn't JM live 8 or 9 miles from the farm? Who would believe a 14 year old would strike out and try to walk that far when he's in pain? I can't.
In 6 hour's time, JM could easily have been taken hundreds of miles away from that farm or he could be right down the road somewhere. Tomorrow is a week he's been missing. His parents... I really don't have the words to describe. It's so hard when you can't do anything to help.
Jmo.

The article I read doesn't appear to say that the POI's father was a family friend. I would understand it to say that JM was friends with the POI, and the farm belongs to the POI'S father.

"According to investigators, Minard was helping his 29-year-old friend on the dairy farm of the friend's dad..." Ohio police peg person of interest in case of missing boy, 14

I have seen a reference to "family friend" and "friend." Here is one account that mentions "family friend" but, in this case, it doesn't say the POI is the family friend. (But elsewhere I've read he went to the POI's house after he complained of a toothache so I am assuming this account is referring to the POI.) Can't be certain though...
But, I have seen the POI referred to that way as well. I think the discrepancies in news accounts are understandably causing a lot of confusion.

Person of interest questioned in missing teen case

ETAdd another account mentioning "family friend"

Dozens of volunteers search for 14-year-old missing since Saturday

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member