Found Safe CA - Alora Benitez, 15, Torrance, 17 April 2019 *Arrest*

I was wondering if that was a brother also. I would guess that the mother and friend are keeping poor Alora from any means of communication. She must be terrified. And yes! This needs more attention and awareness!
I thought in the comments it said it was her nephew?
There are two photos on her Instagram of her and a young boy, and I can't tell if it's the same little guy or not. What do you think? If these are the same child, I'm thinking she's just using "#mybro" loosely, and the child is actually her nephew.

Alora Mercado Benitez on Instagram: “Little nephew #love”

Alora Mercado Benitez on Instagram: “#mybro#love#bestever#:-)”

Twitter was very active until the AA was canceled for Nevada. The AA issued for California is still up, but few people are circulating it.

IMO, it was a mistake to publicly cancel the Nevada AA. There's a lot of confusion now, at least on social media, with people assuming that canceled AA = girl has been found, search is over. When in fact, to my understanding, it has only been canceled in Nevada because law enforcement now believe the suspects and the girl have gone further south. At the very least, when they canceled the Nevada AA, they should have been more clear that the girl is still missing and the suspects remain at large.

I was wondering if that was a brother also. I would guess that the mother and friend are keeping poor Alora from any means of communication. She must be terrified. And yes! This needs more attention and awareness!

Yeah, I would assume the mother or the man are holding on to all the cell phones.
I wonder why they took Alora with them? I trust, and hope, that the mom wouldn't purposely do anything to harm her daughter. I can't say the same for the man, though -- we don't know their relationship, and they've allegedly killed already. I wonder if they think that having the girl with them will make the police more cautious in their pursuit?
The poor girl must be so scared. I hope she makes it.

Also, this is now a top story on CNN: Alora Benitez: Missing California teen believed to be with murder suspects - CNN

There are two photos on her Instagram of her and a young boy, and I can't tell if it's the same little guy or not. What do you think? If these are the same child, I'm thinking she's just using "#mybro" loosely, and the child is actually her nephew.

Alora Mercado Benitez on Instagram: “Little nephew #love”

Alora Mercado Benitez on Instagram: “#mybro#love#bestever#:-)”

I think those are two different boys-- One her brother and one her nephew. The reason I'm thinking that is because the photos were posted on the same day but the boys have different hair lengths, different clothing on and one appears a little older than the other. There certainly is a family resemblance, however. MOO.

IMO, it was a mistake to publicly cancel the Nevada AA. There's a lot of confusion now, at least on social media, with people assuming that canceled AA = girl has been found, search is over. When in fact, to my understanding, it has only been canceled in Nevada because law enforcement now believe the suspects and the girl have gone further south. At the very least, when they canceled the Nevada AA, they should have been more clear that the girl is still missing and the suspects remain at large.
Yes, exactly. There is a lot of confusion and I cringe every time I see "Amber Alert Canceled." People will stop looking for her! :mad:

I think those are two different boys-- One her brother and one her nephew. The reason I'm thinking that is because the photos were posted on the same day but the boys have different hair lengths, different clothing on and one appears a little older than the other. There certainly is a family resemblance, however. MOO.
Thanks for looking at it. I'm wondering if she has step-siblings and one of them has a boy...? I sure wish they would find her. This one is making me edgy. MOO

A vehicle being sought in connection with an Amber Alert involving a 15-year-old girl last seen in Torrance was recovered unoccupied Friday by police in San Diego, in the area of San Ysidro, a major border crossing.

Alora Benitez was last seen with her mother and a man — both suspects in the killing of a man whose body was found in the front seat of a car in Carson — and a relative had said earlier they may have headed for Mexico.

https://mynewsla.com/crime/2019/04/...on-with-amber-alert-found-near-mexico-border/

A vehicle being sought in connection with an Amber Alert involving a 15-year-old girl last seen in Torrance was recovered unoccupied Friday by police in San Diego, in the area of San Ysidro, a major border crossing.

Alora Benitez was last seen with her mother and a man — both suspects in the killing of a man whose body was found in the front seat of a car in Carson — and a relative had said earlier they may have headed for Mexico.

https://mynewsla.com/crime/2019/04/...on-with-amber-alert-found-near-mexico-border/
Hmm. I wonder if the relative knows where in Mexico they were headed. MOO

They thought they hadn't crossed into zMexico yet because the cell phone was apparently used on this side off the border, recently.

But they could have dumped the car and left the phone nearby, just to throw things off.

I bet they actually crossed the border yesterday or last nigtht sometime.

Last edited:
What is the process when the authorities believe someone has crossed into Mexico? What relationship does LE has with LE down there?

I know in the McStay case they reviewed border video. Are they doing that here and where does it come from? US source or Mexican source?

Will local LE go and check the homes of relatives of American fugitives?

APR 21, 2019
Family Holds Vigil for Missing 15-Year-Old Redondo Beach Girl Last Seen With Homicide Suspects
Loved ones of a missing 15-year-old Redondo Beach girl who was last seen Wednesday with two homicide suspects held a vigil on Easter Sunday in Windsor Hills to pray for her safe return.

[...]

An autopsy has since determined Appel died from gunshot wounds to the neck and torso, coroner's records show. The death was ruled a homicide.

[...]

The missing girl's father, JB Jr., described her as, "my air and my life."

"I just need her back," he said. "I need her back in my arms."

"Alora, if you’re listening, if you see any of this: Make a run for it. Call 911. Get to a phone. Ask for help. Go where there’s a lot of people," the father said.

[...]

APR 21, 2019
Father Prays Easter Sunday for Safe Return of Missing 15-Year-Old
For six days, no one has seen 15-year-old Alora Benitez.

Her father and his family used their time Easter Sunday to pray for her safe return.

[...]

"She’s not safe right now. She’s walking around with a guy who, I don’t know what he did, I just know it's not good," her father, JB, said. "She’s 15. She’s a little girl. Why is she in this?"

Julian said he last talked with his daughter, Alora, on Tuesday, the same day she disappeared.

"I haven’t slept. I’m on three hours of sleep a day. I work on top of that. When I’m done, I’m out there searching," he said.

[...]

Julian said his daughter loves dancing, and spending time with her younger siblings.

They ask for her, and he says and he just doesn’t know how to answer.

Julian said he’s not sure if his daughter is in Mexico, but he says he’ll keep searching Southern California to find her.

[...]

APR 21, 2019
Vigil Held For Missing 15-Year-Old Believed To Be Traveling With Murder Suspects

[...]

“I’m overwhelmed by what’s going on. It’s surreal. It’s what you see in the movies. This is unbelievable,” said Benitez. He continued, “For Roman or Mari if you guys are listening… do the right thing. Turn Alora over. This is your guys’ mess. Not hers.”

[...]

Benitez shared a message with his daughter saying, “If Alora watches this. Run to safety if you can. Go somewhere if there’s a phone. Call authorities. Go somewhere in public where a lot of people. Call for help. Ask for help.”

So, it looks like Alora attends the same high school as my son. I just received an email sent to all parents with a link to a local CBS news report with no additional info. Admin is just asking for everyone to keep her in your thoughts and if you know anything, call LE.
It just feels like everyone is behind on this. Granted, there's over 3000 kids at my son's high school but you'd think it would've come out earlier where she went to school, where in Torrance she was last seen, etc.....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305
Back