IL IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who knows the situation? Perhaps he lost or broke his phone and needs to deal with some contract issue at source of provider. Expecting people to be rational or logical under these circumstances is an ideal. He’s clearly frazzled. Wonder if he’s sleep deprived? (Is he drinking an energy drink?)

I dont think he lost it. The police took it to follow clues.

He has friends and relatives searching for his boy. I think one of them could quickly stop at a store and buy a cheap burner phone, while he went and helped police find his son. JMO

He has friends and relatives searching for his boy. I think one of them could quickly stop at a store and buy a cheap burner phone, while he went and helped police find his son. JMO
Seriously! If this boy is found, the police will have no trouble letting dad know.

I’m 10 mins away I’ll go buy the guy a phone right now so he can stay and talk to the police.
I haven’t heard anything about the 3 year old sibling yet. Has anyone seen anything about where the 3 year old may be??

I have been following this story and it's heartbreaking! I, like another poster, can't make a judgement on the parents. To me, in the video, the dad clearly is upset. I can see it in his actions and hear it in his voice. I can't imagine what it would be like to have one of my kids go missing, can't find, police coming, asking me to take me from my home where my child might return to and I wouldn't be there to hug, kiss, and hold them, and then having to deal with cameras and microphones in my face. And, honsetly, I would be asking to get my phone because that's how my child would be able to get a hold of me, especially now that I wouldn't be home! So, my phone would be very important. He also said he had people out looking for his son who needed to get a hold of him. That too is logical and something I would want.

As for the parents being taken to the station, they may have been a distraction to the investigation. Not necessarily to hide stuff but from the stress of the situation. Maybe the parents started arguing and taking them to the station was the best solution so the police could do their work.

It's hard not to be quick in judgement. This makes me think of the Isabel Celis case. So many jumped on the parents did it/hiding something train and years later the found and convicted the man who broke in to the girls room and took her while her parents were sleeping. Her parents went through hell as the public and media basically incriminated them right from the start.

I truly hope that they find this little guy alive and unharmed.

I’m 10 mins away I’ll go buy the guy a phone right now so he can stay and talk to the police.
I haven’t heard anything about the 3 year old sibling yet. Has anyone seen anything about where the 3 year old may be??

I hope he is with friends or extended family. I am sure police have had him questioned by forensic child psychologists already though. At least I hope so.

Three yr olds are very perceptive. If something scary happened the night the boy went missing, I think the 3 yr old will talk about it. JMO

Who knows the situation? Perhaps he lost or broke his phone and needs to deal with some contract issue at source of provider. Expecting people to be rational or logical under these circumstances is an ideal. He’s clearly frazzled. Wonder if he’s sleep deprived? (Is he drinking an energy drink?)
Emph Mine

Yes,he sounds angry and upset.
And maybe Freund Sr. is annoyed that the police are focusing the search at the house and not down the street or wherever ?

If he knows nothing about why his son is gone ; but LE aren't suspecting that there was an abduction --then yes-- he'd be pretty angry and p.o.'d.
As in -- look, LE. Why don't you do your job ?

The language from the link at post #151 was odd , imo. "...Let's bring him home..."
Instead of "Where's my son ? Help us find him,please-- someone, anyone !"
But that's just MOO.

Emph Mine

Yes,he sounds angry and upset.
And maybe Freund Sr. is annoyed that the police are focusing the search at the house and not down the street or wherever ?

If he knows nothing about why his son is gone ; but LE aren't suspecting that there was an abduction --then yes-- he'd be pretty angry and p.o.'d.
As in -- look, LE. Why don't you do your job ?

The language from the link at post #151 was odd , imo. "...Let's bring him home..."
Instead of "Where's my son ? Help us find him,please-- someone, anyone !"
But that's just MOO.

The last part is what scares me the most.

I have been following this story and it's heartbreaking! I, like another poster, can't make a judgement on the parents. To me, in the video, the dad clearly is upset. I can see it in his actions and hear it in his voice. I can't imagine what it would be like to have one of my kids go missing, can't find, police coming, asking me to take me from my home where my child might return to and I wouldn't be there to hug, kiss, and hold them, and then having to deal with cameras and microphones in my face. And, honsetly, I would be asking to get my phone because that's how my child would be able to get a hold of me, especially now that I wouldn't be home! So, my phone would be very important. He also said he had people out looking for his son who needed to get a hold of him. That too is logical and something I would want.

As for the parents being taken to the station, they may have been a distraction to the investigation. Not necessarily to hide stuff but from the stress of the situation. Maybe the parents started arguing and taking them to the station was the best solution so the police could do their work.

It's hard not to be quick in judgement. This makes me think of the Isabel Celis case. So many jumped on the parents did it/hiding something train and years later the found and convicted the man who broke in to the girls room and took her while her parents were sleeping. Her parents went through hell as the public and media basically incriminated them right from the start.

I truly hope that they find this little guy alive and unharmed.

Welcome to WS, Trish ! :D
Great first post.

We may not always agree... but it's a good group and forum.

I think what started my hinky meter was that AJ was last seen wearing day clothes and shoes. The Ninja turle shoes.

Just an odd fact b/c if the parents last saw him around 9pm before bed-- why didn't he have his pj's on ? And why did he have his shoes on ?

Also, Law Enforcement do not think he walked away from the house and that he wasn't abducted. Which is huge in my eyes... because then how did he vanish from his home ?
I'm trusting LE on this one.

Hands. Must.sit.on.hands.ugh!!!!
Could you sit on mine too? Ughhhhhhhhh
Reporter: "Of course you're cooperating with police?"
Father: looks thrown off by that question, takes a bit of a pause. Blah blah blah.
Then police ask him to come with them so they can help him find his son he refuses.
WOW.

The man in the news video is AF Sr, Andrew's father. But wasn't it reported the mom and her boyfriend reported little Andrew missing? So if AF Sr. from the video is Andrew's biological father, and the mom has a boyfriend, then AF Sr. doesn't live at the residence on Dole? Trying to put the puzzle together. If he and Andrew's mother aren't together and he doesn't live at the residence I wouldn't be too invested in him as some sort of suspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle