The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before the birth: "Yah, I want a really natural, organic experience so my baby enters this world to calmness and whale song"

During the birth: "Give. Me. The. *advertiser censored*. Drugs. And. Get. This Thing. Out. Of Me. NOW"

I had quite a hurty first birth, but for my second I was off my head on whatever and had a snooze between contractions. The drugs DO work, kids!

DH happened to be home on the day that I went into my 90-minute labor. At the time, he worked most Saturdays and had a day off during the week. My water hadn't broken, but it was obvious to me - even for my first and only pregnancy - that something was happening. I don't know what I would have done if DH hadn't been home :eek: DH called my ob/gyn at 7:30AM on November 6 and told him that I was "very uncomfortable". My due date (November 4) had passed, so physician said that I should go to hospital immediately. We arrived at ER at 8:00AM. I was immediately taken to delivery room after it was determined that the birth was imminent. Amniotic sac had to be punctured, and it was too late for any type of pain medication. I might have had a total of 5 contractions before DD popped out at 9:00AM :)

Last edited:
Before the birth: "Yah, I want a really natural, organic experience so my baby enters this world to calmness and whale song"

During the birth: "Give. Me. The. *advertiser censored*. Drugs. And. Get. This Thing. Out. Of Me. NOW"

I had quite a hurty first birth, but for my second I was off my head on whatever and had a snooze between contractions. The drugs DO work, kids!

Ha! I am the last of the generation that was born when the mother was completely knocked out! I don't think kids these days even realize that that is how some people were born.

Also, I came across a Facebook post, and I don't know how to linkit, and I don't know if I'm allowed to, but I had no idea of the information below which was posted in it. I learned so much from all you guys and getting interested in something that you guys post and getting educated!

"Today The Queen attended Royal Maundy Service at St George’s Chapel. Her Majesty was joined by her granddaughter Princess Eugenie today.

Royal Maundy is one of the most ancient ceremonies retained in the Church of England. Monarchs including Elizabeth I have taken part in the ceremony, which falls on the Thursday before Easter and commemorates the Maundy and Last Supper of Jesus Christ with the Apostles.

By 2017, The Queen had visited every cathedral in the UK for the Royal Maundy Service. This year 93 retired pensioners, all who have made positive contributions to their church, were invited to receive alms from Her Majesty at St. George’s Chapel.

The Maundy money is presented in white and red purses – this year The Red Purse contained a £5 coin, commemorating the 200th anniversary of Queen Victoria's birth.

Details of Holy Week and Easter Services at St George’s can be found at https://www.stgeorges-windsor.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/Easter-notice-2019.pdf .

Services include the Eucharist of the Last Supper at 8pm on Maundy Thursday.’

Find out more about The Royal Maundy service here: Royal Maundy Service

Lol. Oh how I can relate!

6B98B36E-5B82-42B3-99EB-A7104ADE3F68.jpeg 7DBA1664-49B4-4095-B9A1-57A6FD81E80C.jpeg DEE65180-2A7E-49C2-9355-055519A20B93.jpeg

The Queen and Prince Harry have a "very special relationship", according to a former butler to Prince Charles.

Elizabeth II often lets her guard down around the Duke of Sussex, who reminds her of her husband Prince Phillip, Grant Harrold reveald.

Speaking on a royal documentary on Quest Red, the former member of the royal staff said: “I think in public we can see that the Queen does let her guard down a bit with Prince Harry . There’s a very special relationship.

“Sometimes, I wonder if maybe he reminds the Queen a little bit of Prince Philip.

“You know, with that wonderful, let’s say, the kind of glint in his eye.”

Queen has "very special relationship" with Prince Harry, royal insider reveals

She may be in for some big, big surprises. Big surprises.

Yeah we did the whole Bradley thing, I had contractions for 2 1/2 weeks, doctor wasn't convinced & wouldn't do anything. Finally sent me for a CT scan. Radiologist looked at the scan, called the office and essentially hollered "hasn't had the baby? I'll tell you why she hasn't had that baby! She's NEVER gonna have that baby!" The assisting surgeon was very, very, nice; the anesthesiologists were very, very nice; & recovery room nurses are walking, talking, calming saints. The story is longer, and if you have a teenager, I'll be happy to spell out the whole horrid thing. Ought to work as birth control. I do not tell anyone who is already pregnant!:eek:

Meghan Markle's American Relatives Host Baby Shower in Her Honor

Meghan Markle’s American relatives are very excited to see her become a mother.

Inside Edition was welcomed to a Georgia baby shower in honor of Meghan and her husband, Prince Harry...

I think that lady is a member of a genealogical society, although digging is involved and she may very well be a geologist. :cool:

O/T

BDE, you sound like you had what we all would have liked, a rough 90 minutes. :)

Laughing, sounds like a scary story. :(

One of my friends had her baby in the entranceway to the hospital, it was that quick. Luckily, summertime, so she only had a sundress and sandals (and panties) in the way. Staff who were on lunch caught the baby. lol

I had an emergency C-section, no labour but a decelerating heart rate for DD. It was great, easy and quick. :D

Maybe we need a Childbirth Tales thread? Think we could get the BRF ladies interested?

Baby (now the 25 year old project manager) is healthy & that's what matters most.

We had a next-door neighbor with twins. First was born in the hospital parking lot, the second in the elevator.

Perhaps this bears repeating as “royal fans” wait. Meghan and Harry announced that they are keeping the plans around the arrival of their baby private, which means:
  1. royal fans should not expect for Meghan to pose on the steps of a hospital like Kate.
  2. The palace will, however, announce when the Duchess of Sussex is in labor.
  3. Royal fans will get to see the happy couple with their new baby soon after the birth.
  4. Within a few days after welcoming their first child, Meghan and Harry will take part in a photo op with their new baby on the grounds of Windsor Castle.
6 Ways Meghan Markle and Prince Harry Are Breaking Royal Baby Traditions

Hopefully this information makes the waiting easier. :rolleyes:

ETA: Meghan and Harry will likely announce their baby’s arrival on their new Instagram account, @sussexroyal.

I'm hoping that with the instagram account there might even be a selection of early days photos of baby Sussex. I don't feel we've seen a lot of little Louis, and it's so nice to see babies when they're little.

I think the baby photo opp in Windsor Park is a much better idea than posing in high heels on the hospital steps for a minute, too.

HRH's coat and hat are lovely. I like Eugenie's dress, too.

I dislike Eugenie's dress, but other than that she and the Queen looked lovely.

Have you all been reading stories suggesting that Eugenie might be expecting? I thought from things said at the wedding, and the way she and Jack looked at each other when the minister talked about marriage and babies that there would probably be an announcement within a year of the marriage.

She may be in for some big, big surprises. Big surprises.

This is precisely why I think Meghan needs to be receptive to the possibility that a home birth, water birth, completely natural childbirth, etc. might not be expedient. There are too many variables that could render the Duchess' perfect birth plan impossible. I hope Baby Sussex arrives safely, healthy, and happy.

I dislike Eugenie's dress, but other than that she and the Queen looked lovely.

Have you all been reading stories suggesting that Eugenie might be expecting? I thought from things said at the wedding, and the way she and Jack looked at each other when the minister talked about marriage and babies that there would probably be an announcement within a year of the marriage.

Several reports about the Queen and Eugenie together on Thursday suggested that Eugenie is expecting but won't announce until Meghan gives birth.

ETA: I don't know how reliable this rag is, but it mentions Eugenie's pregnancy.

'Pregnant' Princess Eugenie steps out with the Queen for special occasion

...Their outing comes as rumours continue to circulate suggesting the Princess and her new husband, Jack Brooksbank are expecting their first child together. However, the couple reportedly have to keep the exciting news under wraps until Meghan Markle and Prince Harry have announced the birth of baby Sussex...

Last edited:
Loooooove this!!! Yellow is my favorite color and butter is one of my favorite yellows. She wears it so well!

Beautiful! I always like how the other royals behave around the Queen. The way they walk and stand behind her in a supportive and respectful manner. All so smooth and instinctive, not rehearsed or awkward. Eugenie does a great job working with her grandmother.

I see father down in the article, Prince Phil was driving around the grounds of Windsor. He's not ready to give up driving, but at least he has some assistance.

No he is gearing up for the birth in my opinion. I would bet everything I own on a “They are denying me the chance to see my Grandchild and I could die at any moment. How can they do this to me?” Story. There is no way he is not going to kick up a fuss at Doria seeing the baby and not him. Samantha is going to cause more trouble than she is now she will be accusing the Duchess of Sussex of being a bad mother and denying their father the chance to be a Granddad etc. This is the calm before the storm but I hope I am wrong.

P.s I wish you all a very happy and safe Easter weekend. Best wishes to you all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998