CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to add to the checks/QB discussion....
Like Tortoise noted in her brilliant post #822, JM gave CM a handwritten check for $100.00. Why would he do that if he was just going to hand CM a bunch of blank checks?? Also, IIRC one of the last checks he wrote was on 2/8, the day before he contacts SB about the missing family. If everything was legit, and he had Joey's permission why would he need to stop? Especially if he was expecting Joey to come back. But what does he do? He starts taking money from SB.

With LaRock's testimony, the defense wants us to believe that Chase did not owe JM any money. I seriously doubt Joey would have sent Chase that email on 2/1 regarding the $42,845.00 CHASE OWED if that wasn't the case. Chase even told CJ in one of their taped conversations that he never paid JM back the $19,000.00 he owed him . Right from the horse's mouth.

Chase has always claimed he took money from SB (at least $5,000.00) and even from DK (at least $5,000.00) to finish projects for EIP. I wonder if the DT has any of those customers on their witness list?

MOO

Here is my childish impersonation of La Rock:

Imes: Did you drink a glass of water?

La Rock: Well sir, I, umm, ambulated to the beverage dispenser where I, um, proceeded to fill a beverage vessel with a clear liquid which I then consumed orally in order to hydrate myself. So, yes, I absolutely did drink a glass of water.

La Rock: Well sir, I, umm, ambulated to the beverage dispenser where I, um, proceeded to fill a beverage vessel with a clear liquid which I then consumed orally in order to hydrate myself. So, yes, I absolutely did drink a glass of water.
LOL!!!! ;)

I can't recall which court day it was and it probably was after court (without jury in room) when both sides were going through things with the judge, but Imes stated DK's phone did not ping anywhere near Fallbrook on the 4th nor near Victorville on the 6th, I'm hoping we will see the evidence of that at some point. The only reason I can think of that the state hadn't shown it during their CIC is because DK is not on trial (but I can understand why the defense hasn't lol).

They could have put the whole Hawaii issue to rest by just producing the darn pings. I don't understand it. Instead they have to keep arguing the issue which is such a waste of the court's and the jury's time. :mad:

Here, fixed it for ya...

La Rock: "Well sir, I, umm, ambulated to the beverage dispenser where I, um, proceeded to fill a beverage vessel with a clear liquid which I then consumed orally in order to hydrate myself. So, if that is what you mean when you ask if I drank water, maybe I did drink some, but I am not clear about what you wanted to know..."

They could have put the whole Hawaii issue to rest by just producing the darn pings. I don't understand it. Instead they have to keep arguing the issue which is such a waste of the court's and the jury's time. :mad:
Absolutely, the only reason the cell ping wouldn't be available is because the phone wasn't there. It's not like the Victorville pings from CM phone that could have jumped to a tower 30 to 40 miles apart. There's noway the cell signal is going to jump half way across the Pacific Ocean.

I think the state will end up producing flight documents from the airline and possibly ping information. As someone up thread said I believe they're just seeing what the defense has up their sleeve before presenting their own evidence.

Absolutely, the only reason the cell ping wouldn't be available is because the phone wasn't there. It's not like the Victorville pings from CM phone that could have jumped to a tower 30 to 40 miles apart. There's noway the cell signal is going to jump half way across the Pacific Ocean.

Then why isn't the defense showing his phone pinging in CA during this time span (Feb 4th - 6th) - they are the ones asserting that DK is the "real killer".

Does anyone know what this exhibit is from? I was snapping screenshots and am just now going back to see what I captured. This looks really damning, depending on whose computer it came from.

Attachments

• BB532EDE-040B-4847-9108-1E610816B577.jpeg
    BB532EDE-040B-4847-9108-1E610816B577.jpeg
    147.7 KB · Views: 45
Then why isn't the defense showing his phone pinging in CA during this time span (Feb 4th - 6th) - they are the ones asserting that DK is the "real killer".
Contrary to what many here seem to believe the DT is not prosecuting DK. If the PT wants the jury to believe that LE investigators actually established the fact that DK was in Hawaii at the time of the murders, as they testified to, then they’d better show corroborating evidence to support their claim.

Does anyone know what this exhibit is from? I was snapping screenshots and am just now going back to see what I captured. This looks really damning, depending on whose computer it came from.

You can see the name "Dan" under the source in the very top listing and the 2nd block, so DK's, but from July of 2013 (weren't the bodies not found until a couple months later?).

Contrary to what many here seem to believe the DT is not prosecuting DK. If the PT wants the jury to believe that LE investigators actually established the fact that DK was in Hawaii at the time of the murders, as they testified to, then they’d better show corroborating evidence to support their claim.

Why? DK is not on trial, CM is. The DT doesn't seem to be defending CM as much as they are trying to prosecute DK.

Despite all this. Were you aware that the defendant said during the investigation that he was headed home on 2/17?

I think the state will end up producing flight documents from the airline and possibly ping information. As someone up thread said I believe they're just seeing what the defense has up their sleeve before presenting their own evidence.

In the OP Maline said there is no used boarding pass and no proof DK was in HI from Feb. 4 - 6. Wish either side would produce the evidence.

Attachments

• F57C5078-D527-482B-AF90-CD61EF21020A.jpeg
    F57C5078-D527-482B-AF90-CD61EF21020A.jpeg
    225.5 KB · Views: 22
You can see the name "Dan" under the source in the very top listing and the 2nd block, so DK's, but from July of 2013 (weren't the bodies not found until a couple months later?).

Yes, I see that (now). Thanks.

Was he ever in jail? Why would he be searching for “character reference letters for court” in conjunction with “what to do before you go to jail,” as well as his own name, the McStays, and wiping everything out of Facebook?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa