Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #88

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, a year ago Leazenby said:

“The question is when to request the comparison since the new law creates an ever expansive database. Do investigators run a comparison now or wait a few more months after more suspected felons have been arrested, Leazenby rhetorically asked, thinking aloud during the interview.“

Delphi homicides: Could broader DNA database help catch teens' killer?
Apr. 17, 2018

Again I ask does this mean that their potential (remaining) sample is so minute it would be entirely consumed during the initial testing? Hence the reason to wait for technology to improve so they can have future samples to test? I’ve seen this before, moo. I do think they would gave immediately run their initial sample... idk just wondering about this and why it’s specifically a question?

Last edited:
I'm not getting my hopes up.

This sounds big, gitana:

“A source tells Eyewitness News the information that will be released is possibly the most significant information to be released publicly as of yet.””

When have they ever uttered such a peep during this investigation...

My hopes are up there’s a break, moo.

This sounds big, gitana:

“A source tells Eyewitness News the information that will be released is possibly the most significant information to be released publicly as of yet.””

When have they ever uttered such a peep during this investigation...

My hopes are up there’s a break, moo.
This will be significant imo. I think they're about to break this case.
Actually, I expect they have and are just getting their ducks in a row. jmo

Delphi murders: State Police to unveil 'new direction' aimed at catching the killer

Key phrases in info that has been shared about what will be released Monday:
"new direction"
"significant information"
"no arrests, warrants or suspects"
"public needs to come out to press conference"

Putting that all together I'm thinking of these options:
1). Police could share they've determined a link to another case via DNA and are able to provide details re when and where that crime was committed maybe with more pictures, etc in hopes public can provide tips.

2). Police could announce there was an accomplice and provide details in hopes that person can be identified.

3). Police could announce cause of death which could be unique in some way.

MOO

It doesn't seem like they would announce BG is dead or in jail as that doesn't seem to fit "no suspect" "no arrests". It feels like they will be opening up to share something more that they hope the public can use to identify this creep.

Moo

I wonder if they are going to announce that BG is dead. I really want BG to feel the full weight of justice though.

Well, again, we have no suspects, or arrests. This tells us, IMO, that they have no specific person. Yet. Whether living, or dead, there is no reveal on BG. Sadly.

So, what does that leave us?!

And dangit, we have 56 hours (approx) until noon on Monday. What could be so BIG?

I think if that was the case, we’d see a much longer press conference, one in which reporters would be allowed to ask questions.

The reason they probably aren’t allowing questions, is that this is still an ongoing investigation.

I’m just hoping something leaks before Monday, because the suspense is killing me.

I’m sure everyone feels that way.

ITA MassGuy.

I'm guessing they will release evidence that has only recently been obtained, or has always been on their radar but there is new information related to it, and they are hoping it is unique/memorable/identifiable enough that a member/s of the public will make a link to BG. It just feels like they are voicing a very clear invitation for the public to watch, take notice. That says to me they need help from the community.

It just seems like the build up, the public presser, the denial of an arrest says to me this is a request for help and there is some confidence that this help could be the break they need.

This will be significant imo. I think they're about to break this case.
Actually, I expect they have and are just getting their ducks in a row. jmo

Between former prosecutor Robert Ives being quietly sworn in as Deputy DA ten days ago and this latest news, it does seem like they are getting their ducks in a row. The no arrests, warrants or suspects part is confusing though.

Delphi murders: State Police to unveil 'new direction' aimed at catching the killer

Key phrases in info that has been shared about what will be released Monday:
"new direction"
"significant information"
"no arrests, warrants or suspects"
"public needs to come out to press conference"

Putting that all together I'm thinking of these options:
1). Police could share they've determined a link to another case via DNA and are able to provide details re when and where that crime was committed maybe with more pictures, etc in hopes public can provide tips.

2). Police could announce there was an accomplice and provide details in hopes that person can be identified.

3). Police could announce cause of death which could be unique in some way.

MOO

It doesn't seem like they would announce BG is dead or in jail as that doesn't seem to fit "no suspect" "no arrests". It feels like they will be opening up to share something more that they hope the public can use to identify this creep.

Moo

Announcing the cause of death even if unique would not help find BG or move the case in a new direction.

I think it’s either a parabon lab test photo or someone has come forward with a tip containing critical information perhaps a vehicle. I am concerned someone has given crucial information to a tip line anonymously and they are going to make an appeal for that person to contact them again.

Between former prosecutor Robert Ives being quietly sworn in as Deputy DA ten days ago and this latest news, it does seem like they are getting their ducks in a row. The no arrests, warrants or suspects part is confusing though.

The no arrests, warrants or suspects part is concerning unless the person is arrested for something else and they plan to add the charges on Monday when it is announced.

I’m trying not to get my hopes up as I have been left very disappointed before but I’m hopeful.

Well, again, we have no suspects, or arrests. This tells us, IMO, that they have no specific person. Yet. Whether living, or dead, there is no reveal on BG. Sadly.

So, what does that leave us?!

And dangit, we have 56 hours (approx) until noon on Monday. What could be so BIG?

ITA MassGuy.

Really, why tease us for hours?

The no arrests, warrants or suspects part is concerning unless the person is arrested for something else and they plan to add the charges on Monday when it is announced.

RSBM

This is what I'm hoping for. Just because "there has been no arrest" doesn't mean there isn't going to be one Monday morning.

I'm hopeful that the fact they will be taking no questions means they don't want to jeopardize the trial for a live person. If the person was dead, there really wouldn't be a need for "no questions" would there?

RSBM

This is what I'm hoping for. Just because "there has been no arrest" doesn't mean there isn't going to be one Monday morning.

I'm hopeful that the fact they will be taking no questions means they don't want to jeopardize the trial for a live person. If the person was dead, there really wouldn't be a need for "no questions" would there?

I agree on your no questions comment.

Anxiously awaiting the return of Court TV, they were great about updating older cases. Hope Vinnie continues to do so.

Holiday weekend.....they want to give everyone time to change any Easter Monday plans to be there if they want to be.

Okay, I can see that. Why else make the announcement before the weekend? What other purpose would this serve?

Seems unusual, trying to get as many people to attend the PC, taking into account a visit from the Easter Bunny. Oh, wait, ahhh, for all those traveling to visit family for Easter itself?

Are they typically that thoughtful?

Why not wait until Monday, to announce a PC for Wednesday?

What's the rush?

Announcing the cause of death even if unique would not help find BG or move the case in a new direction.

Announcing the cause of death could help find BG if a unique weapon was used.

For example, what if they released new information regarding a unique weapon, for example, the deaths were caused by a gamma ray laser saber. Then maybe a member of the general public would think, “My ex-boyfriend always carried a gamma ray laser saber” or, “my coworker uses a gamma ray laser saber every day at work.” Announcement of a unique weapon could result in a tip that solves the case.

RSBM

That’s a good point TTF14 about the possible reasoning behind the no questions. It would be absolutely wonderful to get an arrest finally we have all worried about him reoffending every day for over two years. It would be such a relief especially to the girl’s families, law enforcement and the community who have not been able to grieve properly.

P.s I wish you all a very happy and safe Easter weekend it is so great to have you all here.

I'm guessing they will release evidence that has only recently been obtained, or has always been on their radar but there is new information related to it, and they are hoping it is unique/memorable/identifiable enough that a member/s of the public will make a link to BG. It just feels like they are voicing a very clear invitation for the public to watch, take notice. That says to me they need help from the community.

It just seems like the build up, the public presser, the denial of an arrest says to me this is a request for help and there is some confidence that this help could be the break they need.
The Good Friday timing of the announcement is interesting, especially as the new information is to be released on Easter Monday.
Almost as if they have hidden a few "eggs" to distract the public over the weekend until the big tasty reveal on Monday.
Must be something good, imo, speculation.

I just saw that Superintendent Doug Carter is doing the press conference on Monday rather than the prosecutors which is interesting. I will never forget how emotional and haunted he looked in the press conferences which is entirely understandable. This press conference is open to the public too the last one was media only.

ITA Greg - I will never forget Supt. Carter’s demeanor during that PC. “Emotional and haunted” are perfect adjectives to describe him. He really cares and he was terribly shaken by these murders. That PC is burned into my memory as it made me feel like Carter & LE involved would move heaven and earth to find the perp who killed Abby & Libby.

It brings to mind the PC’s held by Chief Tim Longo while trying to locate (missing at the time) Hannah Graham. Longo was animated, emotional and absolutely demanding that the public get involved and help them find Hannah NOW! You could tell that this man truly knew Hannah’s case from top to bottom and was invested in it to the core. He was terrific and so effective!

As long as Supt. Carter is on the case I have a positive feeling about the final outcome. Carter gives off a ‘trusting’ vibe so i believe it’s just a matter of time before this case will be solved. Looking forward to Monday’s PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail