TX TX - Prisma Denisse Peralta Reyes, 26, did not pick up her child, Mesquite, 17 Apr 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think she was waiting for someone to come down the elevator.

If she was not going up to meet someone, why not just stay in her car and wait for them, rather than walk over and wait at the elevator? Not that you are wrong, just that I have a different opinion based on my experience.

I think she was waiting to finish her phone conversation before calling/getting in the elevator - based on the fact that I know I do not get a signal in the only elevator I regularly use. I wonder if this is some place she goes regularly, or at least often enough to know she won’t get a signal in the elevator. ( I don’t generally ride in elevators so I don’t know if the no signal thing is all elevators or just my elevator.) Or, she wants to finish that call before going up to meet someone. (We need a shrug icon.)

A new story.
Family Of Missing Mesquite Mother: ‘She Would Never Leave Us’

Peralta’s last communication with her daughter was at noon on Wednesday to warn her about the storms. She said Reyes’ manager told her she never returned to work from lunch.
The surveillance video shows the time to be 10 minutes to 6, so she was away from work for a number of hours. Hopefully, law enforcement can track her whereabouts from her phone activity or debit/credit activity.

A new story.
Family Of Missing Mesquite Mother: ‘She Would Never Leave Us’

Peralta’s last communication with her daughter was at noon on Wednesday to warn her about the storms. She said Reyes’ manager told her she never returned to work from lunch.
The surveillance video shows the time to be 10 minutes to 6, so she was away from work for a number of hours. Hopefully, law enforcement can track her whereabouts from her phone activity or debit/credit activity.

I wish we knew more about her work situation. Was it normal for her to not return from lunch? Did she have leeway to do so without letting them know that as she left?

Paralegals have a lot of things to do away from the office, but even then, you would be expected to keep in touch and let the office know, because problems and concerns always arise in a legal office and the paralegals are the 'go to' troubleshooters most of the time, in my experience.

I wish her manager clarified whether it was a surprise to her that she never returned from lunch. I'd think she would have told her manager if she had business that would take the rest off the day away from the office.

was she wearing that red t-shirt and jeans at work? (not usual paralegal office/courtroom attire)
if not, she must've gone home at lunch and changed ... but why

and if she did change on her lunch, then she knew she was not going back to work IMO

Last edited:
According to Reyes' stepfather, Dan Fuchs, she is currently working as a paralegal and was a member of the National Guard.

He also said that Reyes recently became a U.S. Citizen and is originally from Veracruz, Mexico.

Fuchs, who was working out of state, said that family members informed him of Reyes' disappearance this morning.

He said it's incredibly unlike Reyes to disappear. He said that her son is her world and that she loved her Jeep, adding that she would never abandon it like that.
Watch: Last-known video of missing Mesquite mother

Authorities said the video was captured in the area where Reyes was last seen, at an apartment complex between 3500 Ross and 3500 Roseland avenues. Her Jeep Wrangler was found abandoned the following day in the 3500 block of Roseland Avenue in Dallas.

Multiple agencies searched the area Friday. Detectives walked around the building, even checking a nearby construction site. A Texas Game Warden combed the perimeter with his K9, but said the dog didn't pick up her scent. He said a bloodhound, walking the halls, didn't either.

"Right now we're following up on every lead possible. We don't have a person of interest per say, but we're trying to retrace her steps and see where she went and who she talked to," Lt. Biggs said.

Police Searching for Missing Mesquite Mother

In that video of her she does not look okay to me. She seems like she had a hard time standing up.
She definitely looks unsteady on her feet, and why was she dressed so casually if she had come from her job at a law firm. That attire would not be acceptable there. Did she go to a gym or elsewhere after work?

I’m embarrassed that I’m just now thinking this... but (as another poster noted but I missed the first time reading) that video of her doesn’t stop there. Whether she was waiting for someone, or getting in the elevator, there should be video of her leaving as well. I kept thinking that was the last video of her, but they clearly state the video was captured in the area Prisma was last seen- not that it is the last video. As always, I’m hopeful LE has more information.

Authorities said the video was captured in the area where Reyes was last seen, at an apartment complex between 3500 Ross and 3500 Roseland avenues. Her Jeep Wrangler was found abandoned the following day in the 3500 block of Roseland Avenue in Dallas.

She definitely looks unsteady on her feet, and why was she dressed so casually if she had come from her job at a law firm. That attire would not be acceptable there. Did she go to a gym or elsewhere after work?

LE seems to be tight lipped on details of this whole thing so who knows what real info LE has already and what pieces they are still searching for.

I read upthread that she never returned to work after lunch, but I don’t know the source of that information (or if it was scheduled or unexpected). Admittedly, I don’t read all the posted articles since they generally just rehash the same info we already know. But that would explain the casual attire.

Given this information, I wonder if she stopped somewhere for lunch and was drugged. That would explain her unsteadiness we detect on the video. Hopefully LE can find video of her Jeep on the road and determine if someone was following her.

I don’t know the drugs used in all the terminology I see used here (roofied, drugged, dosed). Do they all mean the same thing? Do they work the same? If she was drugged she might not even be aware she was unsteady?

Also, to add to my comment above about LE hopefully having more video than we have seen — what would happen if she was seen getting on the elevator, but never getting off? I’m sure there are stairs, but they probably also have surveillance, IMO. Could they just search every apartment? I’d love to see the people there interviewed to find out if they recognize her.

Wild speculation here. MOO

Exall Park is about 4 blocks away. This is a view of the area from high. Quite dense....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190420-103127.jpg
    Screenshot_20190420-103127.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 43
  • Screenshot_20190420-102949.jpg
    Screenshot_20190420-102949.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 60
Here is the full surveillance video at the elevator I think, it shows her walking off around the corner. I can’t find one that is longer than this one. She definitely doesn’t look ok to me either, unsteady, stumbling, leaning on the wall even. In the one news video it says she left work at lunch that day and didn’t return. So between leaving at lunch and elevator video around 5pm I think it was, was she somewhere drinking? Is that why she is unsteady?

Last edited:
Does anyone know this apartment complex personally, what is around that corner? Parking garage? Her car? Stairs? There was a body found in a utility type closet at an apartment complex here recently and they said it seemed to have been there for over a year probably. Have they checked all doors she may have been able to get into there at the apartments. What if she was inebriated in some way and got confused? Went into a closet or utility room and passed out or fell?

Does anyone know this apartment complex personally, what is around that corner? Parking garage? Her car? Stairs? There was a body found in a utility type closet at an apartment complex here recently and they said it seemed to have been there for over a year probably. Have they checked all doors she may have been able to get into there at the apartments. What if she was inebriated in some way and got confused? Went into a closet or utility room and passed out or fell?
Two different dogs did not pick up her scent in the hallways of the building. At the end of the video, it looks like she continues to walk away from the elevator. It the bottom floor is open, she might have walked through to the other side of the building and kept walking. speculation...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autumn.Doe