Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #88

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I can see that. Why else make the announcement before the weekend? What other purpose would this serve?

Seems unusual, trying to get as many people to attend the PC, taking into account a visit from the Easter Bunny. Oh, wait, ahhh, for all those traveling to visit family for Easter itself?

Are they typically that thoughtful?

Why not wait until Monday, to announce a PC for Wednesday?

What's the rush?

Well, WE don't need to be given any advanced notice, but the media does, to schedule the reporters, camera operators, writers, etc.

Last edited:
Carter gives off a ‘trusting’ vibe so i believe it’s just a matter of time before this case will be solved

Fingers crossed! Unsolved crimes like this scare the hell out of me. With the murderer at large, anyone enjoying a hike, bike or horseback ride is a potential victim, no matter where they are. We are left wondering where the perp is? Did he move on, maybe to a forest or state park, perhaps choosing a warmer climate for winter? Has he killed before, or since.

Last edited:
I really like some of the possibilities y’all have thrown out there. Here are my thoughts on some of them.
1) I thought also perhaps they now had a vehicle they know was involved and want to get everyone looking for it. I would like for them to answer questions about it but I could see them declining to do that.
2) I am intrigued by the suggestions that though they say “no suspects/no arrests” at this time, that that might change on Monday. If that’s the case I would think the guy is either dead or in jail, and both scenarios are swirling around I think.
3) A link to another case is a very real possibility I think. Though I would hope it would be maybe TB or CE I would think they would answer questions, and revealing that would certainly make them suspects(but then...see #2 above!) More likely a current cold case like Lyric and Elizabeth. I could see no questions there.
4) A Parabon profile would be significant but I just don’t think they have any DNA. I hope I’m wrong. I also think they would answer questions.
5) Someone recently found deceased is BG. Things were found with the body that link him without a doubt to the crime. Then we have the killer, not just a suspect. No questions because they are still processing information and out of respect for the families at this time. Full report later.
6) I do think it’s important ISP is doing the press conference.
The way they invited the public makes me think it is very positive news. It was almost like they were saying “Come to the press conference! You will so love what we have to say! Balloons and cotton candy for everyone!” Very weird I thought. That being said I am cautious as to what they have. Their idea of what is helpful and important haven’t always meshed with mine. I hope our definitions of “significant” are the same.

Won't be able to watch Monday, as I'm working, but will definitely be hopping on here at lunch to get caught up.

I am so hoping for a break in the case. I was first wondering if they got a new tip. Maybe someone's video footage caught BG walking somewhere nearby that day and there's a better pic of him? But it has been over two years, so why would they just be looking at that footage now?

Or maybe someone saw a man matching his description getting into a vehicle that day? Maybe even have the vehicle on camera?

My only thing with either of the above is: 1) Why wait three days instead of holding a presser right away to get people thinking about these tips ASAP? 2) Why not take questions from the public? So that makes me think it is not a tip.

The not taking questions thing makes me wonder if it is cause of death being released like someone earlier hypothesized.

Whatever it is, I hope it's the break needed to catch this monster.

My only thing with either of the above is: 1) Why wait three days instead of holding a presser right away to get people thinking about these tips ASAP? 2) Why not take questions from the public? So that makes me think it is not a tip.

1. Holiday weekend, maybe key players are on vacation/spring break.

2. Maybe an arrest will happen Monday, don't want to compromise the trial.

RSBM
MOO

That is what I am thinking... naming a POI due to possible DNA connection. Fingers crossed !!!
I wonder if they may have connected BG's DNA to someone who has died suspiciously since the date of the Delphi murders. LE may have had the results of the DNA from the Delphi scene for quite some time, but it would have taken an even longer time to connect it to other crimes, suicides, etc.

Just wondering why no questions, and the entirely "new direction" to be announced.

I really hope this is the breakthrough they need. I'm not sure how optimistic I am though. This case has puzzled and saddened me for a while now. Hopefully, the perpetrator will be apprehended and the families can finally find some sort of closure.

How awful if there’s no actual news, the agony for Abby & Libby’s fam’, friends, Delphi & everyone else that cares.
I had hoped the advanced notice might be big news, maybe LE wanted to give family members a ‘minute’ to privately absorb the news, share with distant family, etc.
I’ll check the local jail, maybe a new inmate stands out, wishful thinking, I know.

Maybe LE thinks they have ID'd the perp, but have no DNA or other proof of guilt, and set up and publicized the press conference simply for the purpose of secretly surveilling this guy to observe his actions as the time of the press conference approaches. See if he does anything suggestive of knowledge/guilt - check into a motel Sunday night, load up on ammo, leave town, etc. A tactical ruse to determine if he is in fact 'their guy'.

Last edited:
If they think the perp IS the dead man it would explain holding off on press conference...no real rush.

IMO, it could also explain the "no arrest will be announced" caveat that has also been put out for Monday's presser. Can't arrest someone who is deceased whether you may be announcing that he may be a POI, a suspect, or the actual perp.

I really hope that whatever it is that comes out Monday leads to justice for these girls and their families. It's been too long already.

I'm remembering how the Jessica Heeringa case was solved. Maybe BG attempted to kidnap/murder someone else and they got away from him.

Off topic @Tillicum

I wish law enforcement could find Jessica. Her Mum posted a heartbreaking post yesterday on the Find Jessica Heeringa Facebook page that the whole case was swept under the carpet by law enforcement and Jessica is still alive. Her family believe Willis has been set up, that he is innocent and Jessica has not been murdered.

5) Someone recently found deceased is BG. Things were found with the body that link him without a doubt to the crime. Then we have the killer, not just a suspect. No questions because they are still processing information and out of respect for the families at this time. Full report later.

At the moment there are two names out there, Charles Eldridge and MV, the deceased man with the red beard. He lived in Lebanon which is in Boone County.

D to L.JPG

Distance between Delphi, IN and Lebanon, IN

Boone Co. missing person case continues after two-day pond search

IF, and it's a big IF, he was BG:

* his proximity to Delphi is perfect (close but not too close) and it's quite possible he was familiar with the Monon Bridge
* it would explain why there are "no arrests, warrants or suspects"
* Supt. Carter may announce that they have a possible suspect who can't be named yet as they need to do a bit more investigating (Parabon profile).

RSBM

This is what I'm hoping for. Just because "there has been no arrest" doesn't mean there isn't going to be one Monday morning.

I'm hopeful that the fact they will be taking no questions means they don't want to jeopardize the trial for a live person. If the person was dead, there really wouldn't be a need for "no questions" would there?
I agree with you. It doesn't make sense to delay a new conference till Monday if BG is dead.

Eric Erskin, Williams' grandfather, said on Friday that the families haven't been notified yet regarding information that will be released during Monday's press conference, but he's hopeful that there will soon be resolution in the case.

"We have faith in the system and confidence in our law enforcement," he said via telephone.

And when asked whether he believes Monday's conference might be the break investigators need that could lead to a possible arrest, Erskin said the family will just have to wait and see.

"We pray it is," he said. "We just pray."

Let Monday be the day.

Police holding press conference in Delphi case

While I understand the need for justice, I don't feel a need to see the perp hauled around in shackles for prosecution. Don't get me wrong, I watch lots of trials. But lately I feel as if all the photos and videos of court appearances and/or confessions have become a bit of a "sideshow". If the murderer is dead... Fine with me! As long as LE/prosecutors provide significant proof the dead man was, in fact, the murderer.

I'm perplexed by the several-day-advance notice of the Mon announcement as it seems news outlets can generally scramble good reporters within hours... particularly on a case like this.

Currently, I lean towards Eldridge being the perp. He seems to "fit" the look, and the profile, and he is in custody.

All just my opinions, of course.

There is the possibility that there were 2 killers involved. One is now dead and they are looking, investigating the other. However I am more inclined to believe someone is in jail and will be arriving via the State Police Monday for arrest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member