GUILTY OH - Jonathan Minard, 14, found deceased, Carroll County, 13 April 2019

ETA: There was so much support to locate this boy. :(

Carroll County Messenger
@ccmnews60

Volunteers gather outside Dellroy fire station this afternoon as the search for missing 14-yr.-old Jonathan Minard continues. Sheriff Dale Williams said drones, dogs and search parties are being used in the search.

2:17 PM · Apr 16, 2019 · Twitter Web Client

This article has the best timeline I've seen that actually makes sense!

"A report filed at the Sheriff’s Dept. said Minard was picked up April 12 at about 3 p.m. at his home in Dellroy to help with chores and milking at an area dairy farm. He then spent the night in New Harrisburg and helped with chores at the farm Saturday morning, returning to New Harrisburg at about 1:30 p.m. When it was time to go back to the farm for evening chores and milking at about 3:30 p.m., Minard said he had a toothache and was going to stay at the home and get hold of his parents. That was the last time he was seen.

A report filed with the sheriff’s department, said when the man Jonathan was staying with called to check on him Sunday evening, the boy’s father said he wasn’t home and a report was filed."

The Carroll County Messenger| Local News, Local Views
This article with the descriptive timeline makes me feel that the friend may not be a POI. There seems to be only a two hour window or less on Saturday afternoon for him to be involved.

If you take the parcel number that comes up in the pop up on a property you click on AcreValue to the Carroll County Auditor's property search site you can find the owner using the parcel number.

But I think these are center locations on a map as you suggested earlier as neither the media nor law enforcement actually said what road the property was on in Washington Township.

Until I see otherwise I think it will turn out Jonathon was found on the POI's father's property (which is about 2 miles west of the pin).
SABBM

Hmmm......
I've thought all of this time that he was buried by someone who was 'familiar' with the area.
Warning Graphic :

The fact that he was found this soon is good ; as opposed to months or years later.
There should be enough evidence to show what happened.
Being buried by someone suggests a perp with something to hide.

Wonder exactly where he was buried ? A farm would have everything from piles of manure to those large, round above-ground waste and fertilizer pits. :(

Did the perp do anything to hasten decomp ? Like buried in the ground but covered with lime ?
Was he whole, or dismembered ? Hate to type that.

I'm doubting he was buried right by the road or highway that the farm would be located next to , but someplace more concealed.
I thought I'd read "shallow grave" ... but where on the farm ?
Wonder who owns the farm ?

Hoping for an arrest soon !

Last edited:
I doubt that Jonathon left the farm to go to the house. I believe that he was murdered Friday night or early morning Saturday.

Why would the 29 year old allegedly leave Johnathon in a house by himself and why allegedly stay there for that many hours.

I doubt that Jonathon left the farm to go to the house. I believe that he was murdered Friday night or early morning Saturday.

Why would the 29 year old allegedly leave Johnathon in a house by himself and why allegedly stay there for that many hours.

Agreed !

That 'toothache' story and the 'going to the poi's house to wait for Jonathan's mom' never made any sense.
From reading msm articles about Jonathan and reading the comments .. many other people thought this story made no sense at all.
I thought it was the reporters getting it totally wrong (not that it's never happened, lol :p) . But I think the poi changed stories.
If you tell the truth, you usually don't have to remember it over and over.

Nice avatar, TJ ! Another teen who was brutally murdered and should never be forgotten.

Agreed !

That 'toothache' story and the 'going to the poi's house to wait for Jonathan's mom' never made any sense.
From reading msm articles about Jonathan and reading the comments .. many other people thought this story made no sense at all.
I thought it was the reporters getting it totally wrong (not that it's never happened, lol :p) . But I think the poi changed stories.
If you tell the truth, you usually don't have to remember it over and over.

Nice avatar, TJ ! Another teen who was brutally murdered and should never be forgotten.
Thank you so very much LietKynes for agreeing with that.
I also want to thank you with all of my heart for knowing who my avatar is. You are the only person who ever acknowledged that.

Emmett has been my avatar since day one here and he will always be my avatar here. You are so right that Emmett should never be forgotten.

Emmett was 14 years old also when he was brutally tortured and murdered. Same age as Johnathon.

There is a very special place in Hell for EVERYONE involved in Emmett’s murder.

Same goes for all involved in Johnathon’s murder.

Thank you so very much LietKynes for agreeing with that.
I also want to thank you with all of my heart for knowing who my avatar is. You are the only person who ever acknowledged that.

Emmett has been my avatar since day one here and he will always be my avatar here. You are so right that Emmett should never be forgotten.

Emmett was 14 years old also when he was brutally tortured and murdered. Same age as Johnathon.

There is a very special place in Hell for EVERYONE involved in Emmett’s murder.

Same goes for all involved in Johnathon’s murder.

And it worked. It led to me googling his story.

I truly cannot thank you enough yrmfp for taking the time to reading about Emmett Till. I am so very grateful.

I first read of Emmett Till's story back during the early 80's. Have always recognized him in your profile pic. Very sad, terrifying. So nice of you to memorialize him.

Poor Jonathan, too. His parents must be going through agony now. I agree, the "friend"s story still doesn't ring true. I just watched the local news story about him and can't understand why they haven't been able to make an arrest. Maybe they're trying to get the guy to confess to save the county the expense of a trial. IDK. They found the young man's body on someone's farm, their private property. JMO, someone probably told them where to look.

It's probably a small, close-knit community of people out there. If his "friend"s father owns one of the farms they were working on, he's probably been there for many years and is well known in the community. Same with the other farm where they were allegedly working. It's hard to accept criminal behavior in a small community where everyone knows everyone else, but it's real. Its not always outsiders who commit horrible crimes.

Last edited:
I first read of Emmett Till's story back during the early 80's. Have always recognized him in your profile pic. Very sad, terrifying. So nice of you to memorialize him.

Poor Jonathan, too. His parents must be going through agony now. I agree, the "friend"s story still doesn't ring true. I just watched the local news story about him and can't understand why they haven't been able to make an arrest. Maybe they're trying to get the guy to confess to save the county the expense of a trial. IDK. They found the young man's body on someone's farm, their private property. JMO, someone probably told them where to look.

It's probably a small, close-knit community of people out there. If his "friend"s father owns one of the farms they were working on, he's probably been there for many years and is well known in the community. Same with the other farm where they were allegedly working. It's hard to accept criminal behavior in a small community where everyone knows everyone else, but it's real. Its not always outsiders who commit horrible crimes.
With all of my heart Betty P, thank you for recognizing Emmett on my profile. That means a lot to me.

I cannot even fathom what Johnathon’s parents and family are going through.

It appears that maybe the POI or someone gave some type of information to indicate that Johnathon was murdered prior to his body being located.

The reason I state this is due to Jonathon being found deceased on the 19th and a post on a relatives Facebook on the 18th stating that Johnathon was murdered and justice should be “an eye for an eye”. How else would they know that he was murdered.

Even more horrifying for Jonathan to be found on someone's property who was known to the family.
Or even an acquaintance .
Not sure why it's worse (imo) than a total stranger cruising the area for a victim.
But it just is.

This could've been people the Minard family trusted.
Esp. the 29 yr old. Since Jonathan had been working on that farm before.

I'm interested (if that's the right word) in knowing if the farm he was buried on was the father or relative of the poi ?
Might indicate more than one arrest is forthcoming.

I am not so sure that the 29 yr old friend is the poi or the perp anymore.

The more accurate timeline changes things in my mind. And I think he and his wife lived in a small home on his parents farm.

I am wondering if JM maybe told the people on the farm that her had a toothache, and was going to call Mom for a ride. And he may have used a phone somehow, but called someone else for a ride?

Had he been paid for the work he did the day before and the 1/2 day yet?

Could he have called a friend or acquaintance for a ride, ands things went sideways?

Although I thought I read that there were others working on the farm on Saturday morning. I cannot find the article that stated that fact. If that is indeed a true fact, that there were more than just he and his friend working on Saturday, then that does narrow the window of opportunity to about two hours. They left the farm to go to the house at about 1:30 and were to return for evening milking at 3:30 and JM did not go back due to a toothache. I would assume that if there was more than the two of them at morning milking that there would be more than just the two of them at evening milking. It would have been hard for the friend to do it alone. Besides, wouldn't the owner of the farm have been present? Seems to me that there would have been corroboration for the friend's story.
If the friend went back home after evening milking and found JM overdosed, he may have panicked because if he called LE he would have been arrested for possession and he had a drug record.

I wonder if the wife was home throughout Saturday. Seems she could certainly corroborate friend's/husbands story if she was. Also, she would know how and when JM left the house Saturday.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back