Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #17 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It just gobsmacks me that the judge came up with 6 years before parole. Only 6 years!.. on that scale, using the same measurements, a bloke who 'accidentally ' throttles his wife, and then sits down , has a cup of tea, then rings the police would be up for no more than 18 months. If that. ..

I can't work out what he got such huge discounts for. He didn't get her any medical help once he 'accidentally' tripped her up and fell on her with his fingers cramped around her throat. He , himself declared himself a doctor by pronouncing death. No one knows if Karen was dead or alive when he buried her, only Borce's guess.

He interfered with her corpse. He declared himself a coroner and decided Karen was ready for burial. He buried her in unconsecrated ground, and unlawful ground for burial of human remains. ..

And this is just for starters.

He immediately, and relentlessly perverted the course of justice, and this is where my suspicion of Sarah comes into play, when did she know that it was all an accident, that Dad did it, even though he's such a nice bloke and all that nonsense , and still decide to heap *advertiser censored* on and lie to the police and about the police?

Sarah says, she wants that sort of marriage for herself, and the chances are, she may well get her wish, if men who murder their wives can get such consideration from the courts.. it will become the common scenario. .. What's 6 years?.. nothin. Anyone can do 6 years, in a Victorian prison. Anyone at all. Even Cardinals.
PERVERTING THE COURSE OF JUSTICE - DOOGUE + GEORGE Defence Lawyers

Both perverting the course of justice and attempting to pervert the course of justice have a maximum penalty of 25 years imprisonment.

...the offence of ‘attempting to pervert the course of justice’ may occur due to conduct that takes place before the initiation of court proceedings.

Frustrating a police investigation before the instigation of court proceedings may result in a successful prosecution of ‘attempting to pervert the course of justice’ but not ‘perverting the course of justice’.

Ways in which an accused can pervert justice include (but are not limited to):

Denying the court or competent judicial authority knowledge of the true circumstances and facts of the case..."

It looks like very complex laws based on Case Law only, I wonder if this is still a possibility?

A woman is missing & the husband is standing at your doorway asking if you saw anything or have footage. You are suspicious because the street is wall to wall reporters, the cops knock on your door and ask if you’d ever heard or seen evidence of domestic violence at your neighbour’s. If you make a statement you know his solicitors will see it & so will he.

Normally I would be the first to call the cops with my knowledge BUT NOW knowing a murderer might be out in a couple of years I would be very concerned of retaliation.

A woman is missing & the husband is standing at your doorway asking if you saw anything or have footage. You are suspicious because the street is wall to wall reporters, the cops knock on your door and ask if you’d ever heard or seen evidence of domestic violence at your neighbour’s. If you make a statement you know his solicitors will see it & so will he.

Normally I would be the first to call the cops with my knowledge BUT NOW knowing a murderer might be out in a couple of years I would be very concerned of retaliation.

Great point! I sympathise with Police when their goal is to seek justice for Victims Of Crime and they deal with, probably on a daily basis, people who lie, are apathetic or fear retribution for speaking out.

You never know, some may break their wall of silence down the track. A guilty conscience can be extremely self destructive in some people but unfortunately not all. o_O

Petition to appeal the prison sentence with almost 29000 signatures. A lot of people unhappy about this outcome.
Sign the Petition
Disclaimer....I’m just bringing this to our attention not requesting any sleuthers to sign..In case this is against TOS. I did sign however.

Signed...

Still in disbelief that murdering your wife can get such a sentence...

The judge said he has never shown any violence before.

I say rubbish!

He’s a bully and a standover man. I’ve seen it before and I saw it in him.
He had blood in his eyes at the reporter who dare try to expose him and when he strutted across the road to front The Australian reporters about his financials.
Oh & let’s not forget the mechanic’s sudden backflip on camera no less and him bullying the family. Was that fear?

You don’t learn that overnight.

Why did Karen say to a customer she didn’t want to go home and would prefer to stay at the shop?

C’mon blind Freddy saw it in Sarah’s face and she knew his ignition point that day.

I’d bet the cops, the neighbours and Karen’s friends know more about this .

Bloody bad decision!!

There must be an appeal.

The judge said he has never shown any violence before.

I say rubbish!

He’s a bully and a standover man. I’ve seen it before and I saw it in him.
He had blood in his eyes at the reporter who dare try to expose him and when he strutted across the road to front The Australian reporters about his financials.
Oh & let’s not forget the mechanic’s sudden backflip on camera no less and him bullying the family. Was that fear?

You don’t learn that overnight.

Why did Karen say to a customer she didn’t want to go home and would prefer to stay at the shop?

C’mon blind Freddy saw it in Sarah’s face and she knew his ignition point that day.

I’d bet the cops, the neighbours and Karen’s friends know more about this ****.

Bloody bad decision!!

There must be an appeal.
And the judge said he's a man of good character too!

I don't know who else gave him character references apart from Sarah?

Certainly not the debters/creditors(someone can help with these terms:p) who he screwed when he did all those wheeling and dealing with his phoenix companies.

But I agree with what you said, knowing now he is a murderer, who would dare to stand up and complain?

Edit to clarify who his former victims were..

Last edited:
Connie has died but I wonder what Karen shared with her.

Actor Samuel Johnson’s sister Connie, described her as a "sensitive, generous, intelligent and kind woman", the Herald Sun reported.

"While Sam was unicycling around Australia in 2013 doing events nearly every night, Karen kindly donated mastectomy-friendly frocks from her own designer range so I could feel good at all the fundraisers," she shared online, reported Daily Mail.

"We’ve laughed together, dressed and undressed together, and shared our highs and lows."

https://www.***********.au/karen-ristevski-family/
(Mamamia)

"I was telling her about this friend that was diagnosed with cancer," Karen's friend Sharryn Hili told The Daily Mail. "She hadn't seen her for over 25 years."

"But she private messaged her and said to her, look, I hear you're going through a really bad time, come into the store and pick out a dress of your choice to make you feel better."

"She hadn't seen her for 25 years!" she added. "But she took the time to send her a message to make her feel better about herself."

'That's what a beautiful soul she is," Sharryn said.

It was just the type of person Karen was - always finding a way to help others wherever she could.
https://www..au/karen-ristevski-family/

Certainly not the debters/creditors(someone can help with these terms:p) who he screwed when he did all those wheeling and dealing with his phoenix companies.

But I agree with what you said, knowing now he is a murderer, who would dare to stand up and complain?

How can anyone, especially a judge, say a murderer is a man of good character.

According to the transcript, the other referees were a friend of SR's; BR's niece who is also his god-daughter; the niece's husband; and another god-daughter.

How can anyone, especially a judge, say a murderer is a man of good character.

The thing is ... once Borce pleaded guilty, any witnesses to the bad side of his character were silenced.

It seems that perhaps in pre-sentencing, people with bad character reports about Borce (and other perpetrators in a similar situation) should have been allowed to submit their letters of bad character. Balance things out a bit.

I would bet, with all of those debts, there would be some bad character references out there.

The thing is ... once Borce pleaded guilty, any witnesses to the bad side of his character were silenced.

It seems that perhaps in sentencing, people with bad character reports about Borce (and other perpetrators in a similar situation) should be allowed to submit their letters of bad character. Balance things out a bit.

I would bet, with all of those debts, there would be some bad character references out there.
The judge said the content of the character references was not challenged by the prosecution. So I think if the referees had said, for example, that BR was honest in his business dealings, that would have made evidence to the contrary admissible. The references, apart from SR's, seem to have been safely wishy-washy. A loving uncle and god-father. Carl Williams could probably have found friends and relatives to say as much. And BR played sport. Obviously community-minded then.

The other things in BR's favour, according to the judge, were that he'd led an industrious life, setting up businesses "which may not have prospered", and that he had no previous criminal convictions.

THE AGE
There is suffering and then there is suffering

I'm intrigued by a remark made by Justice Christopher Beale in his summary prior to sentencing Borce Ristevski. Justice Beale said, "No sentence I can impose will undo the suffering you have caused and continue to cause to those who knew and loved Karen." Add to that the bargaining implicit in manslaughter replacing murder, and therefore the opportunity given to Ristevski to personally benefit by finally telling the truth. Family "suffering" has now been exacerbated by disbelief, frustration and anguish because of feelings of justice denied.

Ian McKail, Cheltenham

The aunt of Karen Ristevski is backing calls to strip the right of parole from killers who refuse to reveal how their victims died.

Patricia Gray said she felt betrayed by Victoria’s justice system as she lashed the six-year minimum sentence handed to Borce Ristevski, who pleaded guilty to the manslaughter of his wife, as an insult.

“There has to be an appeal. The sentence is an insult,” she said from Singapore.

NoCookies | The Australian

"By supporting prisoners to return to the community under supervision toward the end of their sentence, parole’s main purpose is to increase community safety." Parole - Corrections, Prisons & Parole Victoria If Borce is such a promising candidate for rehabilitation, he hardly needs three years of transition support. That would be having it both ways.

There is a very good article in todays Herald Sun by Justin Smith, page 21. If it's not on line, buy the paper. Just about sums up the feelings of the majority of people.

Thanx armchair snoop this is all I could load.
Gifted liar - YES!
Justin Smith: Courts have rewarded the *advertiser censored* Borce Ristevski | Herald Sun
https://www.heraldsun.com.au › news-story
1 day ago · Borce Ristevski — wife killer and gifted liar — has been blessed by the Victorian legal system with a sentence that's as soft as a duckling's tummy. And we should feel ashamed that it was.....

No Cookies | The Advertiser

Sky News host Chris Kenny has called for reforms to Australia's laws and legal practices to ensure 'people don't end up with such lenient sentences' for taking the lives of family members or their spouse. It comes after Melbourne man Borce Ristevski was handed a minimum six-year jail sentence for the manslaughter of his wife, Karen. The 55-year-old continually denied all knowledge of his wife's fate until he was charged with her murder 18 months later; he has never explained how and why he killed his wife. Mr Kenny says the Ristevski sentence proves to most Australians 'that there is something not quite right about our justice system'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle