Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #88

Status
Not open for further replies.
The new direction is puzzling. Surely they have already looked at this case from every direction possible.

Are they going to say they are going to look at BG not being the killer, and will go back now, starting over from day one to look at other possible suspects?

Are they going to ask that all males, teens, and adults, living in the area at the time to voluntarily give them a DNA sample? That's the only new direction I can think of happening.

Imo

I'm sorry. I'm new to the specifics on the case. I only have the most basic information. Could you explain a little more about what Libby captured and posted to snapchat, please? TIA

If you are new to the case, you may want to read the media thread

IN - Abigail Williams & Liberty German, Delphi, Media, Maps, Timelines NO DISCUSSION

There is also a thread discussing the image at

Found Deceased - IN - IMAGE discussion re Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi

HTH

ETA also, there are other links to other threads that may be of interest to you, and if you go to the first post on this thread, post number one, you will find those links.

I would speculate that the reason the press conference was announced ahead of time like this is because they have an angle that they need more tips and information on. As in, the investigation may have been narrowed to family DNA, and now they need lots of press and coverage to get that info to the public. Maybe not specifically that, but along those lines.

If they had a hard suspect, they'd just keep mum until he was charged. Must be something that they figure will catch someone's attention, and bring in the intel that will keep them on the right track.

Did anyone report gunshots that day? Any info on if the girls ere tied up? We’re they found together or some feet sort like one tried to run?

No reported gunshots but many people said it would not be unusual as people hunt in the area. No information on how the bodies were found or any other info has been provided.

I think the information is going to be that BG did not act alone. And it is highly possible that a female was involved. I think they found female DNA.

I just really REALLY want this to be solved . Hopefully this new direction is a game changer.
mmmmm....I have a tendency to think the perp acted alone. This is quite the heinous crime to find another person to do it with. jmo

I wish I felt optimistic about Monday but I don’t. Since the stills from the video, audio and sketch were released, LE have given us nothing. At the last presser the new prosecutor took the opportunity to introduce himself, and that was it. Wow, what a total waste of time. There wasn’t even an image of Abby and Libby displayed and yet they outlined what constituted a good tip.

I think it’s highly unlikely Charles Eldridge or the deceased person have anything to do with any announcement they make.

They’ve said Monday’s press conference will show a 90 degree change in the investigation and some new significant information will be given out.

Parabon Nanolabs previously declined an interview and state police would not say if the same test was being used in the investigation. I think the new information will be that they are or will be using it now.

Investigators have mentioned one or two dozen people on their radar. Presumably most of them are local, so how do they narrow the list further? There are roughly 580 white male residents in Delphi between the ages of 25 and 65. Maybe LE wants to employ a DNA canvassing tactic and will be requesting all of them to voluntarily submit their DNA. Those on LE’s radar who refuse would obviously be inviting closer scrutiny. Voluntary DNA dragnets are infrequent, but so are high-profile small-town double murders, and it would fit the description of a “new direction”, and would explain why the public is invited (transparency). But why now instead of a year or so ago? And what could the “significant information” be if not a Parabon Snapshot?

It did look like it may have been a watch. Many lefties wear their watches on the left wrist. My Dad was one.
And I'm right handed and where my watch on right wrist. My father was left handed and I believe he wore his on his right wrist. As far as drawing a gun, very few right handers wear their gun on their left. Most right handers wear their gun on the right with an 'FBI cant' or 15 degrees. Of course, which hand or side he shoots with doesn't mean anything either as it depends on the dominant eye. For example, our father was left handed, but he shot right handed because his right eye was his dominant eye.

I'm in Pacific time...looks like I'll be dropping my kids off at school early so I can rush to my office and definitely ignore my work for a while. I don't recall a presser ever being presented this way.
I will be in meetings mid-day, ugh, but I know I'll be able to catch up with WS later in the day.

Fingers crossed that the development means progress in the investigation!

jmo

ISP: Delphi investigation moving in new direction, 'significant information' to be released
I hate to get my hopes up :/

"A source tells Eyewitness News the information that will be released is possibly the most significant information to be released publicly as of yet."

"No questions will be taken, and there are no suspects as of now."

Thank you for highlighting these quotes from the news report!

'Gotta wonder exactly who the unnamed source was for the bit about "significant information to be released".

I'm def in agreement with you about not getting my hopes up.

mmmmm....I have a tendency to think the perp acted alone. This is quite the heinous crime to find another person to do it with. jmo

I agree. Just like when other victims in twos were found murdered, and it was done by one lone perpetrator.

I think the motive for these murders were sexual. The vast majority of pedophiles act alone. This will be the same imo.

Pedophiles are opportunistic who are always looking for that opportune time.

Jmo

While I do believe that one girl was sexually abused I do not believe sex was the motive. The motive was murder and satanic in nature. Perhaps fueled by meth, perhaps fueled by sick minds. There was more to the crime scene than two deceased beautiful girls.

all in imho..obviously

I wonder if maybe we are misreading the “no questions” statement as “no information at all”. I think I am. Or was. It’s possible, I think, that LE may tell us the significant information(new evidence, Parabon, suspect in jail, suspect is dead, whatever) and spend 15 minutes or so explaining how they got it and why they think it. Then say “we’re not going to answer any questions at this time as we still have more work to do”. In other words, maybe there will be no questions because most will be answered.

I wonder if maybe we are misreading the “no questions” statement as “no information at all”. I think I am. Or was. It’s possible, I think, that LE may tell us the significant information(new evidence, Parabon, suspect in jail, suspect is dead, whatever) and spend 15 minutes or so explaining how they got it and why they think it. Then say “we’re not going to answer any questions at this time as we still have more work to do”. In other words, maybe there will be no questions because most will be answered.
I hope that is the case.

I think the "news" will be something other than what we want to hear, and reporters' questions will be like - Do you have leads on a suspect? Was DNA found? What is the cause of death?....and LE doesn't have answers.

Maybe they will release more of the audio? Or video of a car seen that day? Something for the public to see to generate tips?

Hopeful, but with low expectations.

Last edited:
I would speculate that the reason the press conference was announced ahead of time like this is because they have an angle that they need more tips and information on. As in, the investigation may have been narrowed to family DNA, and now they need lots of press and coverage to get that info to the public. Maybe not specifically that, but along those lines.

If they had a hard suspect, they'd just keep mum until he was charged. Must be something that they figure will catch someone's attention, and bring in the intel that will keep them on the right track.

A new direction "might" involve genealogy websites and comparing any DNA they (LE) might have from this case with those databases. Those data bases are HUGE! It's popular these days to trace your lineage (my own son traced his) and surprising where it leads. This is supposing they do have some DNA from the crime scene in this case. Won't be long though until we find out what this "new direction" involves. If nothing else, I would imagine the perpetrator of this crime is sweating bullets about now. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member