IL IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I say “physically,” I mean all the internal repercussions that come from being born addicted to opioids.

All the ways the body is affected.

Then there comes the suffering in the form of growing up in a dysfunctional household.

Because this isn’t a one off. It lingers.
yes it does, and their is so few to deal with it.

My brother was called a “crack baby” by mean relatives because my mom had an addiction to it. He never had any learning difficulties whatsoever. We have an opioid epidemic.. I’m sensitive to stigmatizing a whole generation. My cousin was put on suboxone during her pregnancy. She worried about her baby, but she’s 6 years old now and is completely fine[/QU
You and your niece Are luckier than you know! Hope it stays that way!

Me too. I think the cops have to know something.

like I said before... dcfs didn’t just hand her AJ. She had to prove to the courts she could be a fit mother. This is not some small feat. It gets tiring seeing people blame dcfs when they are bound by LAWS. I live in McHenry county. In fact I live in the same exact neighborhood . I could see the vigil from my living room window. This is not Chicago.
I’m sorry..

Was she offered parenting classes101? Nope these parents aren’t getting it! Oh my! Are they too high? IMO

My brother was called a “crack baby” by mean relatives because my mom had an addiction to it. He never had any learning difficulties whatsoever. We have an opioid epidemic.. I’m sensitive to stigmatizing a whole generation. My cousin was put on suboxone during her pregnancy. She worried about her baby, but she’s 6 years old now and is completely fine
How lucky she is!

I’m sorry..

Was she offered parenting classes101? Nope these parents aren’t getting it! Oh my! Are they too high? IMO
She probably did attend parenting classes. Here in McHenry county you will not be granted a divorce if you have children in common... unless you complete parenting classes. These classes are about the dangers of parental alienation. This county tries to look out for the interest of the children more than most counties do . Illinois does as well. Services are overwhelmed with mothers being addicted. It’s sad.

I adopted my son ( now 4 1/2) from foster care. He was her 4th baby born addicted to meth and opiates. Was on methadone 17 days.
The first couple months obviously the hardest on him, but now physically he is fine.Thankfully!)

He is headstrong but incredibly intelligent (I have raised 2 girls already and worked with children and honestly can say his little brain still blows me away daily by how much, and quickly, he learns). He is incredibly hyperactive but every day he can " chill out" a little longer for me to do workbooks etc with him
( due to birthday doesn't start prek until fall and I left my job to stay home with him as opposed to day care).
He is proof a child born addicted can thrive.

In saying that, I dont know that he could have done it alone, if left with parents not actively working with him daily. I worked in special needs with children with behavioral challenges so that did prepare me and teach me skills that I have been able to apply with him during the rough patches. ..
Honestly AJs photo reminds me so much of him that its really hitting me in a rough way. ( the what could have been)

My reply wasnt intended to the person quoted specifically; just to state that all opinions on this topic are valid.

I'm reserving my opinion on what I think happened here because honestly I feel it would be unfair as I keep seeing this from the point of view from my sons life/ bio parents and not allowing much benefit of doubt in.

Its late, I apologize if this is rambled
Wow , you not only tocuhed my heart...you touched my core. I might not be your child’s teacher, but I would definitely be his advocate. He needs one!

Found my voice, and had to add this fact.
Tomorrow morning this little kid should be running around his yard and home finding beautiful Easter eggs, but we know he won't get to, and I am sickened once again by human behavior.

Is this the bf? If so, I am at a bit of a loss. I thought he was in jail? This says he went in in 2015 for an 18 month sentence which would be long served by now. Or has he been arrested since?

Where does it say he's the boyfriend, that makes you question him? I don't see the connection.

You nailed it! I teach elementary and we have free pre k at our school. Problem is that since it’s optional, there is nothing we can do about it if mom or dad can’t/won’t wake up from their stupor to put baby on the bus. Have to prove neglect because they will just say they chose not to use the services.

When I hear of opiates, I think neglect. When I hear of meth or other stimulants, I think angry outbursts. I know I’m stereotyping, but sometimes there is a reason for stereotyping. My apologies if I’m crossing a boundary on here, but I teach in a high poverty school in a drug riddled area and have watched this for a decade. I cry for these kids on a regular basis. MOO

Where does it say he's the boyfriend, that makes you question him? I don't see the connection.

I am wondering if it is the bf as he is the one who was said to be in jail?

If he is in jail, it does not seem to be due to the arrest mentioned with that mugshot because the time served would be up or so it sounds.

So I am asking is that the bf and is he currently in jail/prison?

I adopted my son ( now 4 1/2) from foster care. He was her 4th baby born addicted to meth and opiates. Was on methadone 17 days.
The first couple months obviously the hardest on him, but now physically he is fine.Thankfully!)

He is headstrong but incredibly intelligent (I have raised 2 girls already and worked with children and honestly can say his little brain still blows me away daily by how much, and quickly, he learns). He is incredibly hyperactive but every day he can " chill out" a little longer for me to do workbooks etc with him
( due to birthday doesn't start prek until fall and I left my job to stay home with him as opposed to day care).
He is proof a child born addicted can thrive.

In saying that, I dont know that he could have done it alone, if left with parents not actively working with him daily. I worked in special needs with children with behavioral challenges so that did prepare me and teach me skills that I have been able to apply with him during the rough patches. ..
Honestly AJs photo reminds me so much of him that its really hitting me in a rough way. ( the what could have been)

My reply wasnt intended to the person quoted specifically; just to state that all opinions on this topic are valid.

I'm reserving my opinion on what I think happened here because honestly I feel it would be unfair as I keep seeing this from the point of view from my sons life/ bio parents and not allowing much benefit of doubt in.

Its late, I apologize if this is rambled

I admire you for adopting your son. He will have the opportunity to grow up in a loving and safe home. You are truly a blessing to him. Thank you for making his world a better place to live. Blessings....

You nailed it! I teach elementary and we have free pre k at our school. Problem is that since it’s optional, there is nothing we can do about it if mom or dad can’t/won’t wake up from their stupor to put baby on the bus. Have to prove neglect because they will just say they chose not to use the services.

When I hear of opiates, I think neglect. When I hear of meth or other stimulants, I think angry outbursts. I know I’m stereotyping, but sometimes there is a reason for stereotyping. My apologies if I’m crossing a boundary on here, but I teach in a high poverty school in a drug riddled area and have watched this for a decade. I cry for these kids on a regular basis. MOO

It's not just preK parents that won't get up and put the kids on the bus, its all ages!!
They go to school in dirty clothes, never turn in homework, heck some don't even know what happen to their books. Most of these kids, when they are at school are starving. We provide free breakfast for all kids regardless of income, some of these kids eat like its their last meal. We've even purchased washers and dryers (thru parents donations), to wash their clothes while at school. We provide a meal to take home and 8 for the week end, because the parent sold the food stamps.

Its heart breaking. I admire all teachers, you are not only teaching kids, you are raising them as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie