GUILTY OH - Jonathan Minard, 14, found deceased, Carroll County, 13 April 2019

It is located here. This is Street View. If you turn around you will see the Tennessee Gas Pipeline facility. The videographer was in the parking area or what ever that is in front of the fence and building out front looking toward the field across.

Google Maps

Here is a link to a Google Satellite view with a pin on the location of the Sheriff's vehicle coming out of the field.
Google Maps

When I posted the map the other day of the farm where found. The mark was west of Cobbler and slightly north of Squirrel rd

Although I thought I read that there were others working on the farm on Saturday morning. I cannot find the article that stated that fact. If that is indeed a true fact, that there were more than just he and his friend working on Saturday, then that does narrow the window of opportunity to about two hours. They left the farm to go to the house at about 1:30 and were to return for evening milking at 3:30 and JM did not go back due to a toothache. I would assume that if there was more than the two of them at morning milking that there would be more than just the two of them at evening milking. It would have been hard for the friend to do it alone. Besides, wouldn't the owner of the farm have been present? Seems to me that there would have been corroboration for the friend's story.
If the friend went back home after evening milking and found JM overdosed, he may have panicked because if he called LE he would have been arrested for possession and he had a drug record.

I found an article (there are also several more that I can't find right now) that states "people on the farm..." That leads me to believe that Jonathon and the 29 year old man were not the only 2 working that Saturday (apparently in the morning since it's been said Jonathon did not return to the farm that afternoon.)

"According to people on the farm, the boy complained about a toothache and said that he was going to call his mother to pick him up and take him home. That was the last time he was seen."

Missing Teen Jonathon Minard Found Dead, Buried on a Farm

Jonathan Minard: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com
Residents were also advised to check their garages and any other structures on their property. ‘There’s a lot of abandoned cabins and sheds and stuff back there too, so we’re hoping maybe he held up somewhere and is waiting it out,’ Huffman explained.
As I was re-reading this article I was taken by the phrase above that I bolded. What could they think he was waiting out? My gut still has me thinking what ultimately was a drug overdose.

Jonathan Minard: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com
Residents were also advised to check their garages and any other structures on their property. ‘There’s a lot of abandoned cabins and sheds and stuff back there too, so we’re hoping maybe he held up somewhere and is waiting it out,’ Huffman explained.
As I was re-reading this article I was taken by the phrase above that I bolded. What could they think he was waiting out? My gut still has me thinking what ultimately was a drug overdose.

This part really stood out to me:

“Soon after Minard’s disappearance, the Sheriff shared his concern for Minard’s well-being, and acknowledged that the boy’s disappearance was troubling. “You know what? I haven’t slept for three nights. We’re talking about a young man that has no cell phone, that doesn’t have any money, and he’s been gone for three or four days? It’s pretty suspicious to me,“ he said, adding, “Obviously, I know some things about this case that I’m not going to reveal and we want to be able to get this solved, get this taken care of, and make sure it’s right.”

This part is what keeps making me question why they were so panicked. He was 14, not 5. How did they instantly panic as opposed to assuming he just found a ride home? What was going on at, or wrong with the home when they returned that caused worry? Was there evidence of a struggle? Had he taken something and supposedly been sleeping it off? Was something missing? Blood?

Or that parent instinct which tells you something isn’t quite right. They may have felt some unease with the whole situation leading up to the disappearance.

When I posted the map the other day of the farm where found. The mark was west of Cobbler and slightly north of Squirrel rd

Yes, that's true. But a WS member reached out to the publication who ran that map publicly yesterday and that location was an approximation and not the exact location of the body.
ETA: Here is the news article with the map you posted yesterday. Now when you click on the blue marker saying, "Body found here" you will see a pop-up they added after the WS member contacted them; letting you know the blue marker is not on exact location where the body was found.
UPDATE: Jonathon Minard found dead in shallow grave

Last edited:

“Soon after Minard’s disappearance, the Sheriff shared his concern for Minard’s well-being, and acknowledged that the boy’s disappearance was troubling. “You know what? I haven’t slept for three nights. We’re talking about a young man that has no cell phone, that doesn’t have any money, and he’s been gone for three or four days? It’s pretty suspicious to me,“ he said, adding, “Obviously, I know some things about this case that I’m not going to reveal and we want to be able to get this solved, get this taken care of, and make sure it’s right.”
Another thought that occurred to me was perhaps he saw something (drug related) that made him feel he needed to be out of sight for awhile and to "wait it out". He had no phone or money and no way to get help but to try and walk home. Besides he was a 14 year old boy who may have been scared out of his wits.

Thank you Jethro for taking the time to do that! Great job!
I went down the road on the street view of the map and there is a street sign that says Mobile road. Is that the road the farm is on? Google does not go down that road, but if you look down the street you can see a red barn on the right. Across from that on the left looks like a grey dairy barn.
Sorry for the mistake in the road name I posted in the above post. It is Moline road not Mobile road.

Interesting... I googled "Can a heart attack feel like a toothache?" Anyway, yes, what seems to be a toothache can actually be a cardiac event.

In the event that Jonathon was found deceased when the 29 year old went home after work...
or Jonathon took or was given (knowingly or unknowingly a drug) and subsequently was found dead...
or of Jonathon had a pre-existing cardiac condition and, due to the work being strenuous, he died suddenly...

I'm not saying I think this is what happened but just speculating. I know if I found a kid, who was working for me, dead; I would call 911 immediately. I think most people would. I have to think anyone who didn't call 911 under such circumstances must have felt directly or indirectly responsible for the death; whether Jonathon had a heart attack or not.

There's no shortage of links on the subject but here's two:
"Heart disease and lung cancer can also cause toothaches. In some cases, toothache may be a warning sign of a heart attack.
Heart and lung disease can cause toothache pain due to the location of your vagus nerve. This nerve runs from your brain to the different organs in your body, including your heart and lungs. It passes through your jaw."
Toothache: Causes, Symptoms and Diagnosis

"Pain from a heart attack can spread down both arms and to the jaw or head. Some people report a headache, earache, or tooth pain as a symptom during a heart attack. You can experience this pain with, or without, chest pain when you have a heart attack."
Heart Attack Warning Signs You Should Not Ignore

I saw this interview by Sheriff prior to JM being located in shallow grave. Sheriff was visibly shaken by the missing youth, and was very vocal that this was a good kid. Sad for this community.

This video shows what part of the huge field and trees look like. A sheriff is pulling out of the field.
If anyone is good at matching terrain on the google maps shown on this thread than maybe you can find exactly the farm is.
Jordan Miller - WKYC

Also, I just went through the pages on this thread and found links to the mention of the wife on page 5.

The intersection where a load of hay passes in front of the photographer is here, at the main intersection of New Harrisburg, the town where the speaker is saying JM stayed with his "friend".

Google Maps

Interesting... I googled "Can a heart attack feel like a toothache?" Anyway, yes, what seems to be a toothache can actually be a cardiac event.

In the event that Jonathon was found deceased when the 29 year old went home after work...
or Jonathon took or was given (knowingly or unknowingly a drug) and subsequently was found dead...
or of Jonathon had a pre-existing cardiac condition and, due to the work being strenuous, he died suddenly...

I'm not saying I think this is what happened but just speculating. I know if I found a kid, who was working for me, dead; I would call 911 immediately. I think most people would. I have to think anyone who didn't call 911 under such circumstances must have felt directly or indirectly responsible for the death; whether Jonathon had a heart attack or not.

There's no shortage of links on the subject but here's two:
"Heart disease and lung cancer can also cause toothaches. In some cases, toothache may be a warning sign of a heart attack.
Heart and lung disease can cause toothache pain due to the location of your vagus nerve. This nerve runs from your brain to the different organs in your body, including your heart and lungs. It passes through your jaw."
Toothache: Causes, Symptoms and Diagnosis

"Pain from a heart attack can spread down both arms and to the jaw or head. Some people report a headache, earache, or tooth pain as a symptom during a heart attack. You can experience this pain with, or without, chest pain when you have a heart attack."
Heart Attack Warning Signs You Should Not Ignore

What are the chances that a 14 yr old was having a heart attack though?

These are my thoughts on some of the many things that are unclear. This all assumes POI alone is guilty, and his family is innocent, having believed his story. MOO

I don't think the "wife" referenced in the 911 call is POI's. It's MOO that POI is single. The aunt making the call was EXTREMELY rattled, and is trying to repeat what JM's parents have told her in a very jumbled way, while trying to keep the family calm. I do suspect that "him" and "his wife" are whoever lives at the farm, probably POI's parents the owners.

It is clear now that JM was working on a farm in Washington Township (video evidence showing an LE vehicle leaving "the farm where JM worked"), even though all MSM reported it to be near New Harrisburg earlier. The farm belongs to POI's father so it's likely his parents live on the farmyard.

I believe that JM was indeed at the farm (alive) through the Sat. morning milking. We don't know if anyone else was actually in the barn and saw JM there, but it sounds like the milking schedule was set up to have at least two people working at a time. So, if something had happened to JM while at the POI's house overnight, the POI would have had to ask someone else to help him in order to get done on schedule. Then he would have told a different story, or timeline at least.

I think that POI and JM did return to the POI's house in New Harrisburg at noon Sat. Or if the media was wrong, I've wondered if he lived just southwest of there near the Baxter Ridge church area where LE focused searching.

I lived with a dairy family once, and they never got enough sleep between milkings and took naps every chance they got. So, MOO, I think after eating some lunch, POI took - and shared with JM - drugs of some kind prior to a nap.

Then, the scenario I'm leaning towards right now is that either JM died soon after taking the drug; or, when POI woke up to leave for the dairy, he discovered JM dead. So if he's had several drug incidents already, he knows he's in HUGE trouble no matter how accidental the death was. He also knows he's got to start the milking on time (or the cows will let everyone in the county know by loudly mooing), so he takes the body with him to the farm, quickly buries it and heads to the barn.

But now he needs help with the milking (and an alibis) so he tells someone (his dad or mom if they live there?) the "JM stayed back at my house with a toothache so his mom could come get him" story, and asks for someone else to help him.

Then at 7:30 the milking is done, and POI, probably in the presence of someone at the farm, called JM's parents to "make sure JM had gotten home." Of course, they go ballistic, thinking they missed his calls and he's been at the POIs house alone for 4+ hours. This is where I think "the wife," (POI's mom or whoever lives there,) "took off" to check POI's house. But that may not have happened at all ... But somebody will have gone to POI's house, JM isn't there, and family thinks maybe JM panicked at not being able to get ahold of anyone and tried to walk home.

My last thought is about why there may not be an arrest yet. Even if drugs were not involved in JM's death, is it possible that when LE searched POI's house they found drug paraphernalia, and feeling suspicious about the whole situation they arrested POI on "charges unrelated to the dissappearance"? Maybe he's actually in jail so they can safely take their time to "get it right".

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back