Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 *found deceased 2023* #8

Klein sounds quite certain that MC's body is within a 3 mile radius. What has happened to have him make such a definitive statement? He is on to something.
Well, it could be as simple as most homicides by close associates are found within a 5 mile radius or as complex as he has evidence or is trying to flush someone out. Clearly, he doesn't really know where he is at this point. Hope he finds him. Justice cometh!

I hope there is news soon and that MC is found (probably deceased, so very sadly). Because I feel like the public is being baited and strung along. I know this is a very sensitive case and I don't want to rile any feathers but there have been a few times where it was announced there'd be an announcement and news coming shortly, only to get nothing. Say something or don't. Don't string us along. We all are pretty sure we know which way this is heading. Let us know when there is something to know.

ETA: trying to soften this and not sound rude...
You don’t sound rude at all. I feel the same way!

YAY!!! Finally..hopefully...maybe ??? I don't want to be a negative Nellie and I was so excited to read this tonight but ..... I am just hoping he has some concrete evidence and can find MC soon.
I think all of us here have believed in foul play and homicide. Just happy to hear Klien say that publicly.
It does not surprise me that he hasn't heard back from Meeks..guess what?? He probably wont hear anything back from him. JMO

This is from the article....

Klein said, noting that he has requested that Sheriff Randy Meeks ask the Texas Attorney General’s Office to take over the investigation and that he has not received a response so far.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I, too, saw absolutely nothing new in Klein's press release. It was basically the same as the last one that he put out. It does concern me a little that Klein is saying this is officially a homicide investigation. I was under the impression that only the LE agency leading a particular case can determine that, or publicly announce that. I fully understand Klein and a number of family and friends ( and most of us) believe it to be a homicide, of course, but.... I did get an impression there would be some answers or at least some new info by week's end. I'm thrilled they have been doing more searching and upset the weather hasn't cooperated, so here's to hoping!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I, too, saw absolutely nothing new in Klein's press release. It was basically the same as the last one that he put out. It does concern me a little that Klein is saying this is officially a homicide investigation. I was under the impression that only the LE agency leading a particular case can determine that, or publicly announce that. I fully understand Klein and a number of family and friends ( and most of us) believe it to be a homicide, of course, but.... I did get an impression there would be some answers or at least some new info by week's end. I'm thrilled they have been doing more searching and upset the weather hasn't cooperated, so here's to hoping!
Agreed.....he, you, or I can say whatever we think. But until a new LE organization steps up to take over this case or his body if found, we are all just talking.

Klein is sharing information with state and federal agencies but that is different from them looking at the case and taking the case and as long as the agencies with the power to do so fail to act on an obvious problem in Sheriff Meeks I don't know if justice will be served.IMO

Klein is sharing information with state and federal agencies but that is different from them looking at the case and taking the case and as long as the agencies with the power to do so fail to act on an obvious problem in Sheriff Meeks I don't know if justice will be served.IMO
I sure hope Klein IS able to share info with other agencies, but if, for example, the Texas AG's office was not invited in to the case by Hunt Co., I don't know that Klein could get any help from them at all. I'm just not sure how the relationships work. I do hope there can be unofficial brainstorming allowed. At least it appears Klein has gotten some of that from some DEA folks, thank goodness.

19 minutes ago

“Public Statement - In The Matter of Michael Chambers: Investigators this past week concluded a five-day operation in and around Hunt County, Texas, regarding the case of the missing person Michael Chambers. During the course and scope of the investigation we make the following statements :

1. Anyone living near the former residence of Mr. Chambers being within a three-mile radius on 7086 FM 2101 is asked to walk their property and carefully examine the ground. Especially in the subdivision known as Hide-Away Estates, closely looking along the shoreline and in "uncut" areas of your property. For those of you who go camping, we ask that you keep special attention in the FM 2101 area to the lakeshore line. And again, for all families, farmers and landowners along 2101 we ask that you pay special attention to your properties. We are looking for skeletal remains. If you see something report it.

2) The KIC Team has officially changed its investigation to a Homicide Investigation from a missing person investigation. We see no evidence, after over 160 interviews, of Mr. Chambers being on a bicycle, riding over 18 miles on streets with zero bike trails or bike paths to the area near the 2-mile bridge. In fact, we have now reviewed all of the "cell phone pings" that have been presented to us by the carrier and the subsequent "source" provided to the family as not only a false report - but a fake one. Using simple math, Mr. Chambers would have been on the bike for an estimated 3-4 hours with no witnesses seeing Mr. Chambers on major roads and businesses. This is corroborated by the cell phone forensics showing (if true) the phone moving at 2.0 miles per hour. Again, we repeat, we do not believe the data.

3) We have now made a formal request for the State of Texas Attorney Generals Office - CID team to come into the case. It is imperative that another set of eyes take a look at this case to ensure its integrity and honesty regarding some portions of the case with government officials. We want to say outright, the men and women of the Hunt County Sheriffs Office are doing their jobs and we believe it would help all of the investigators, being public and private, to have another set of eyes look at this case before it goes cold.

This case is a very active case with new leads coming in daily that we are working. We understand the concern of the citizens regarding the politics that are being played out. We have no concern with this - as we are working on evidence - not rumor or gossip. Families have been torn apart and hearts are broken over this case. We promise the citizens of Hunt County we would get to the bottom of the case - and be assured - we will. No matter what.

The KIC Team”
Klein Investigations and Consulting

19 minutes ago

“Public Statement - In The Matter of Michael Chambers: Investigators this past week concluded a five-day operation in and around Hunt County, Texas, regarding the case of the missing person Michael Chambers. During the course and scope of the investigation we make the following statements :

1. Anyone living near the former residence of Mr. Chambers being within a three-mile radius on 7086 FM 2101 is asked to walk their property and carefully examine the ground. Especially in the subdivision known as Hide-Away Estates, closely looking along the shoreline and in "uncut" areas of your property. For those of you who go camping, we ask that you keep special attention in the FM 2101 area to the lakeshore line. And again, for all families, farmers and landowners along 2101 we ask that you pay special attention to your properties. We are looking for skeletal remains. If you see something report it.

2) The KIC Team has officially changed its investigation to a Homicide Investigation from a missing person investigation. We see no evidence, after over 160 interviews, of Mr. Chambers being on a bicycle, riding over 18 miles on streets with zero bike trails or bike paths to the area near the 2-mile bridge. In fact, we have now reviewed all of the "cell phone pings" that have been presented to us by the carrier and the subsequent "source" provided to the family as not only a false report - but a fake one. Using simple math, Mr. Chambers would have been on the bike for an estimated 3-4 hours with no witnesses seeing Mr. Chambers on major roads and businesses. This is corroborated by the cell phone forensics showing (if true) the phone moving at 2.0 miles per hour. Again, we repeat, we do not believe the data.

3) We have now made a formal request for the State of Texas Attorney Generals Office - CID team to come into the case. It is imperative that another set of eyes take a look at this case to ensure its integrity and honesty regarding some portions of the case with government officials. We want to say outright, the men and women of the Hunt County Sheriffs Office are doing their jobs and we believe it would help all of the investigators, being public and private, to have another set of eyes look at this case before it goes cold.

This case is a very active case with new leads coming in daily that we are working. We understand the concern of the citizens regarding the politics that are being played out. We have no concern with this - as we are working on evidence - not rumor or gossip. Families have been torn apart and hearts are broken over this case. We promise the citizens of Hunt County we would get to the bottom of the case - and be assured - we will. No matter what.

The KIC Team”
Klein Investigations and Consulting
Thank you....yes, yes and yes. Without #3, we continue to blow in the wind.

Something I came up with over the weekend based on Klein’s “three-mile radius” and water-related comments:

1. In this photo, I highlighted the area of the “lakeshore line” in pink (the former Chambers residence at 7086 FM 2101 is the yellow dot):
EF64CEBF-9AEA-4CAA-ABE6-2B11C126AF2F.jpeg

2. This one shows the route between MC’s home to Hideaway Estates’ HOA boat ramp (a four-minute drive, or a 35-minute walk, and 1.8 miles in distance, according to Google Maps):
A3EB19C6-9960-4C63-933C-9B2B84294CA1.jpeg

3. Map view of the area of the boat ramp and the pier:
7293D117-A626-4416-821E-A22564C33B1B.jpeg

4. Entrance to the HOA park, I believe:
D7E6867E-BD45-4A89-BC15-AF9FE3BFF19C.jpeg C29E6147-5228-43A6-B92C-0560A185D928.jpeg

I wonder if the gate to the park is always locked.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back