IL IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you seen law enforcement searching?

There was a huge police presence on Thursday, but not since then. I’ve heard on our local Facebook group that there have been some searches at specific places. Have been listening to the police scanner and many more calls for suspicious things. People are on edge,but all th local information leads to no threat to the public. In other words, the parents did it. I think they originally hoped for some sympathy and money. Things aren’t going as they planned.

There was a huge police presence on Thursday, but not since then. I’ve heard on our local Facebook group that there have been some searches at specific places. Have been listening to the police scanner and many more calls for suspicious things. People are on edge,but all th local information leads to no threat to the public. In other words, the parents did it. I think they originally hoped for some sympathy and money. Things aren’t going as they planned.

That is definitely what crossed my mind when I read that their house was in foreclosure. Maybe trying to garner sympathy and start a go fund me page (all speculation).

This is such a sad case. One thing we have to remember is father was a lawyer for many years, before being disbarred, so he is well versed in law as well as how to work around them. Unfortunately!

The three year old could very well give a good insight as to the family dynamics depending on how old of a three he is.
Could the father, knowing the law, refuse to let the child be interviewed?

What kind of suspicious things on the police scanner?

I say this with a heavy sigh. Addiction is a progressive disease. Cleary, whatever happened in their past wasn't their bottom. There's a saying with those in recovery, if someone isn't working on their recovery, they're working on their next relapse. Sadly, it harmed more than just the two users.

THIS is the most 100% accurate statement made regarding the whole subject. It simply should NEVER happen for us to even be able to discuss the short and long term effects.

Sadly, it's getting worse. Here in NC its not even illegal to give birth to an addicted child
I live in NC, I get these children at 3. Have been doing this forever. They might take them, but they give them back, time and time again. Enough!!

It's not just preK parents that won't get up and put the kids on the bus, its all ages!!
They go to school in dirty clothes, never turn in homework, heck some don't even know what happen to their books. Most of these kids, when they are at school are starving. We provide free breakfast for all kids regardless of income, some of these kids eat like its their last meal. We've even purchased washers and dryers (thru parents donations), to wash their clothes while at school. We provide a meal to take home and 8 for the week end, because the parent sold the food stamps.

Its heart breaking. I admire all teachers, you are not only teaching kids, you are raising them as well.
You are exactly right. However, it is not mandatory to attend school until age 6 in FL, so until then we can not do anything about the attendance issue.

ETA: state

I say this with a heavy sigh. Addiction is a progressive disease. Cleary, whatever happened in their past wasn't their bottom. There's a saying with those in recovery, if someone isn't working on their recovery, they're working on their next relapse. Sadly, it harmed more than just the two users.
Just curios what you think happened? A couple of you keep mentioning addictions. I agree it more than likely played a role. My mind would go to addictions if A: child died from car accident and tox screen showed drugs/alcohol of driver B: child found dead and tox screen showed child died from OD of substance. We don't even know where Andrew is? Police confirm that he did not walk out, or do they believe he was abducted. Police are calling home a crime scene. So again, did the addiction play a role. Very possibly. But what exactly? Hopefully not coming across argumentative..just trying to track with you...

What kind of suspicious things on the police scanner?

People were on edge and were having the police come and check unusual vehicles on their street or something unusual they saw on their way home. I think people will be in edge until they find AJ one way or the other. The fact that people haven’t been able to help in any way has made it more difficult.

There was a strange person stopped in front of my house on Thursday. My 3 dogs were out and were barking at him because he didn’t belong. Our house is set back quite a bit from the street. Much bigger lots on this side of town. I normally would call them in but figured it would be better for them to let him know to move along. My Newfoundland has a scary bark.

I hope things go back to normal soon, but most of all I hope AJ is found alive.

People were on edge and were having the police come and check unusual vehicles on their street or something unusual they saw on their way home. I think people will be in edge until they find AJ one way or the other. The fact that people haven’t been able to help in any way has made it more difficult.

There was a strange person stopped in front of my house on Thursday. My 3 dogs were out and were barking at him because he didn’t belong. Our house is set back quite a bit from the street. Much bigger lots on this side of town. I normally would call them in but figured it would be better for them to let him know to move along. My Newfoundland has a scary bark.

I hope things go back to normal soon, but most of all I hope AJ is found alive.
Did you go to the vigil?

In reading the details of the case and the DCFS reports, there has been drug usage by, at least, the mother. The purchase of illegal narcotics, and I am not saying this is the case here because we simply don't know, typically involves characters that are not upstanding citizens or may have criminal or shady backgrounds (i.e. the sellers). If there were purchases of illegal narcotics that occur in or near the home, that may make the home a target, perhaps especially the innocent children involved.

I have also seen situations where drug usage occurs in a home setting that involves multiple people, often non-residents (people that come to join in the drug usage, sell, purchase that may not necessarily be that well known to the people in the house, sharing only the common bond that there is an addiction to the substance--it can be a revolving door). With the house looking like it may be somewhat insecure, I wonder if there isn't a possibility that a nefarious character that may have traveled in this drug circle would have seen the children and would have known access points to reach the child. For example, where I have live/lived, neighbors often can pinpoint the "drug houses," because there are usually people hanging out there at random hours of the day that are unfamiliar to neighbors, coming and going.

One theory may be that a predator gained access to the house through drug usage with designs on the children, and that predator would have been able to know the layout of the house or be able to incapacitate the parent(s) with narcotics. This may describe why the child is missing and does not, for what we know, appear to be in the home. If this occurred, the mother or father may not have even realized the child was taken until the next morning when coming out of their binge. In this case, I wonder if police are looking into known associates of the mother; neighborhood doorbell cameras and security cameras on the street would be a great way to identify all the vehicles that may have driven to the house or stopped within a distance of the house. I hope and assume police are on this and have requested this from neighbors.

This is just a theory and my speculation, but may fill some holes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie