Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #89

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
PRESS CONFERENCE TODAY (Monday) AS POLICE ANNOUNCE A "NEW DIRECTION" IN THE MURDERS OF ABBY AND LIBBY.

Delphi murders: Libby’s sister, at Ball State now, does ‘anything to keep the story alive’

We agree with Kelsi German. Anything to keep this story alive until this killer is caught!!!!

Welcome back to the Delphi Murders discussion thread.

On the afternoon of Feb. 13th, 2017, best friends Abigail Williams and Liberty German were dropped off at a bridge in the town of Delphi. On Feb 14th their bodies were discovered around noon about 50 feet from the north bank of Deer Creek which is about 0.5 miles from the bridge.

Abby and Libby's discussion thread has been shut down for quite a while. Why? Because without new information to discuss, posters turn on each other like the Donner Party.

Now, it is Libby's sister who has said what everyone needs to hear...we need to keep this case alive. We need to constantly hit social media with this killers's picture, sketch, and audio recording.

Not a day should go by without all of us getting the picture, the sketch, and the audio recording out to everyone via any source where people can see him and/or hear him.

Carrie Timmons, Libby's bio mom, stated in a Facebook post that the police do have DNA.

If this is true, then the perp is not in the DNA database. This means the only way we can catch him is for someone somewhere to recognize this man.

It boggles my mind to think about the fact that no one has been able to identify the killer.

Kelsi German is going to college, but Liberty's sister is already one of the smartest people around.

German said, “Eventually, I opened up. I’m not sure I can keep quiet about this, at this point.”
Websleuths agrees with you, Kelsi. We cannot keep quiet at this point.

We are done sitting back and doing nothing.

His picture, his sketch, and his voice need to saturate social media along with any other outlet you can think of.

On a personal note, I would encourage both families to use social media.

I know for a fact that Abby and Libby's immediate family do not trust people on the Internet because of past experiences. I do not recall seeing any family member on Twitter or Facebook discussing the case except for Libby's bio mom, Carrie. Forgive me if I am wrong.

I would encourage both families to join everyone in getting this depraved person's picture out there.
attachment.php

Nancy Grace Crimecon'17 Podcast with the families of Abby and Libby.

Anyone with information about this case, no matter how insignificant, is encouraged to call the Delphi Homicide Investigation Tip Line at
(844) 459-5786.

Information can also be reported by calling the Indiana State Police at(800) 382-7537, or the Carroll County Sheriff's Department at (765) 564-2413.

Information can also be emailed to Abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

video of press conference of 02/22/17: https://www.facebook.com/NewsCenter1...4728963476130/

<broken link>

Let's do this. Let's commit to getting this killer's picture and voice out there any possible way we can.

Pictures of Abby and Libby

Link to post with all Threads #1-98(Courtesy of margarita25)

Thread #70
Thread #71
Thread #72
Thread #73
Thread #74
Thread #75
Thread #76
Thread #77
Thread #78
Thread #79
Thread #80
Thread #81
Thread #82
Thread #83
Thread #84
THREAD #85
THREAD #86
THREAD #88

*Media Maps & Timelines*
IMAGE Discussion Thread
Scanner Thread

Rules Etiquette & Information
Case map by skibaboo updated with grayhuze crime flow video
grayhuze youtube channel

Verified Insiders: None in this case at this time.
Verified Professional, Member michael.gartley, is a Verified Expert in Imaging Science.

RULES OF THIS DISCUSSION

DO NOT post photos of random individuals (including persons featured in MSM articles about other area crimes) to compare to the images of unidentified suspect on the bridge.

PLEASE DO NOT POST PICTURES OF SEX OFFENDERS!

Do not sleuth family, PERIOD. This includes previous public records which have nothing to do with this case. They are victims here. Plain and simple.

4) If you feel you have a tip, by all means, phone it in. Do NOT discuss your tip here. Contact the authorities and give them time to follow your lead.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Delphi Suspect.jpg
    Delphi Suspect.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 37
  • Abby and Liberty 2 .jpg
    Abby and Liberty 2 .jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 23
Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Everyone,

This discussion was closed months ago because of all the violations of TOS. It was apparent that with no new news you all became bored and turned into frothing cannibals ripping the guts out of your fellow posters.

Let's review a bit here, shall we?

DO NOT POST RANDOM PICTURES OF PEOPLE BECAUSE YOU THINK THEY LOOK LIKE THE PERP.

THERE ARE NO SUSPECTS IN THIS CASE. PLEASE DO NOT DISCUSS ANY PEOPLE FROM THE PAST THAT WERE QUESTIONED BY THE POLICE.
NO SUSPECTS, NO ACCUSING ANYONE OF THE CRIME.

If you feel you have a legitimate tip for the police CLICK HERE for the tipline and more info.

Please remember if someone attacks you please hit the "report" button in the lower lefthand corner of the post and follow instructions. Do not reply, Do not quote.

Keep on topic.

Be nice to each other. I know the boys think the girls have cooties and the girls think the boys smell funny but let's put aside our differences and get along, please.

I'm sure I will have more reminders later.

Tricia

Copying this over from the media thread (still very behind in here, it’s so interesting to read everyone’s different thoughts!)

LAFAYETTE DISTRICT
5921 State Road 43
West Lafayette, IN 47906

www.in.gov/isp

FOR RELEASE: Upon Receipt

Sgt. Kim Riley
Public Information Officer

April 19, 2019

Delphi Homicide Investigation Moves in New Direction

The public is welcome to attend the below media briefing about the new direction of the Delphi homicide investigation.

What: Public and Media Statement on Delphi Murder Investigation

When: Monday, April 22, 2019 at 12:00 noon

Where: The Canal Center, 1030 North Washington Street, Delphi, IN 46923

Who: Indiana State Police Superintendent Doug Carter will make the announcement on behalf of the Multi-Agency Taskforce

Why: To share information with the media and public about the new direction of the Delphi homicide investigation

Notes for the Public

• Doors to The Canal Center will open at 11:30 a.m. for the public and limited seating will be available

• The briefing will conclude after Supt. Carter’s statement
##

RILEY/BURSTEN

Does Supt Carter normally make the announcements from the state level or does the local agent on the this case make them?

“Just 24 hours after he was slapped with the new charges, Indiana State Police announced there had been a significant development in their investigation into the deaths of Libby German, 14, and Abigail Williams, 13, who went missing in Delphi, on February 14, 2017.”

Since the two girls were found dead, authorities have consistently stated that they have no concrete suspects and the public would be notified when that changes.”
I swear I read that LE address CE and said he is not a suspect in the Delphi case.

The key phrases here to me are

“New direction”

“Significant information”

“No suspects”

Also we know that the families have not been notified with the information in advance (Eric Erskin, Williams' grandfather, said on Friday that the families haven't been notified yet regarding information that will be released during Monday's press conference, but he's hopeful that there will soon be resolution in the case. Police holding press conference in Delphi case)

So I don’t think this will be an announcement about a suspect or POI. I think it will be evidence released they hadn’t before or a computer composite based on new information. Whatever it is, I’m anxiously awaiting. Those girls deserve justice and that sicko needs to be off the streets.

My theory is based on this article from last summer:

Delphi detectives working closely with investigators who cracked Fort Wayne cold case

“While officers wait for that one last tip, investigators are using other tactics to track this man down, including DNA which is being analyzed by the Indiana State Police crime lab.

“That information is then put into a national database,” said Sgt. Riley.”

To me it would make sense if they got a hit on familial DNA. They wouldn’t have a suspect just yet, just a link to one. And they probably would not want to answer questions that could reveal the identity of the link, as that person would not be a suspect.

Mother of murdered Delphi teen ‘cautiously hopeful’ ahead of Monday’s news conference
"DELPHI, Ind.-In less than 24 hours, Indiana State Police will be releasing new information in the murders of Abby Williams and Libby German. Authorities are calling this a ‘significant update’ as the investigation moves in a ‘new direction.’

“There’s not a day that goes by that I don’t think of her, miss her, cry about it,” said Carrie Timmons, Libby’s mother.

Today is the day--it’s the line they’ve repeated and the hope they’ve held onto for nearly 800 days.

“It’s been long enough. We’ve waited long enough,” said Timmons."

“I’m not real sure what to think of the words ‘new direction,’ but if it’s a new direction that gets us closer to the end then I’m all for it,” said Timmons.

Carrie Timmons is Libby’s mother, just like everyone else, she’s speculating on what the new information could be. She considered any clue to be a major development."

IIRC, was the FBI involved with this case? I thought they were, at first, and then their efforts were scaled back.

Can anyone confirm?

ETA: Found this MSM article. It alludes to FBI involvement.
Autopsies were conducted, but neither the coroner, Delphi police, Carroll County Sheriff's Office, Indiana State Police or FBI have officially revealed information about the cause of death or manner in which the teens were killed.

Delphi murders: What's still missing 2 years after the slayings of Abby and Libby

And this, from the FBI website: LIBERTY GERMAN

Today almost certainly is not the day they announce they have a suspect.

Hopefully though, we get a clearer picture as to how close they are to nailing this guy.

Whatever this “new direction” is, I hope it signifies a big step forward.

I’m not sure if it’s more hope than what I truly think, but my feeling is that it is going to be DNA related.

My dream, is that it’s a DNA composite done by Parabon.

In the Vanessa Marcotte case, they didn’t release a sketch, but they did release a physical description (race, age, height, skin color, build, etc).

Ultimately, an alert state trooper recognized a vehicle that they were looking for, with a driver who corresponded to the physical description provided by Parabon.

If this is something like that, hopefully it’s the first step in a process that will end in his capture.

Last edited:
I followed this case back in the beginning and then became very disheartened by it.

I hope they are finally going to release something that finally helps nail the killer.

The stupid sketch I think has done more harm than good and so many poor people’s names have been dragged though the mud because of it.

2017 Delphi murders of 2 teenage girls moving in 'new direction,' Indiana State Police say

Fox News Video Clip

Authorities say investigation into murder of two Indiana schoolgirls is going in 'new direction'
Apr. 21, 2019 - 0:22 - Indiana State Police say they will announce new information about the deaths of Abigail Williams and Liberty German who were found dead on a hiking trail in Delphi, Indiana in 2017.

“The unsolved 2017 murders of two teenage girls in Indiana that drew nationwide attention is set to move in a "new direction," according to officials.

Details on what the news conference will entail were not included, other than a "new direction" in the investigation will be announced by Indiana State Police Superintendent Doug Carter on behalf of the Multi-Agency Taskforce, according to state police.

"I am very hopeful that this is the break we have been waiting for," said Libby's mother, Carrie Timmons, told FOX59.”
—-
“The update will be held "to share information with the media and public about the new direction of the Delphi homicide investigation."”

Delphi murders investigation heading in 'new direction,' update planned for next week
The Indiana State Police will provide an update on Monday.
Apr 19, 2019

Mother of murdered Delphi teen ‘cautiously hopeful’ ahead of Monday’s news conference

“There’s not a day that goes by that I don’t think of her, miss her, cry about it,” said Carrie Timmons, Libby’s mother.”

Snip

“It’s been long enough. We’ve waited long enough,” said Timmons.“

Snip

““It’s mind-boggling to me, I don’t get it. I hope one day soon we will have an answer,” said Timmons.

Snip

“I’m not real sure what to think of the words ‘new direction,’ but if it’s a new direction that gets us closer to the end, then I’m all for it,” said Timmons.

Just like everyone else, Timmons is speculating on what the new information could be. She considered any clue to be a major development.

“So, to know one thing about the case and something that can hopefully move us forward, that’s absolutely huge,” said Timmons.

Snip

“(I’m) cautiously hopeful because I’ve gotten my hopes up before and had to relive it again and it’s awful. I don’t want to do that again,” said Timmons.“

Delphi murders: State Police to unveil 'new direction' aimed at catching the killer
INDIANAPOLIS STAR
Apr. 19, 2019

“Sgt. Kim Riley, a spokesman for the State Police, said Friday that “significant information” will be unveiled Monday. Riley would not give any more details, other than to confirm that no one has been arrested yet in the case.”
—-

“People in Delphi have waited for years to see the killer caught and have had their hopes up before, so there is skepticism about what will be announced Monday.”

Delphi awaits press conference on Abby & Libby investigation

“Eric Erskin, Williams' grandfather, said on Friday that the families haven't been notified yet regarding information that will be released during Monday's press conference, but he's hopeful that there will soon be resolution in the case.

"We have faith in the system and confidence in our law enforcement," he said via telephone.

And when asked whether he believes Monday's conference might be the break investigators need that could lead to a possible arrest, Erskin said the family will just have to wait and see.”

"We pray it is," he said. "We just pray."

Police holding press conference in Delphi case

Last edited:
Delphi murders: Dirt moves on Abby & Libby Park, their families’ hands-on, $1M dream
Mar. 29, 2019

Photo at link:
“As crews from Milestone Contractors work in the background, Eric Erskin walks the freshly graded dirt of the 20 acres of what will become Abby & Libby Memorial Park, near the corner of the Hoosier Heartland Highway and Indiana 218, a mile north of Delphi, on Wednesday, March 27, 2019. The park will be a memorial to Abby Williams and Libby German, two Delphi eighth-graders murdered while hiking a popular community trail near Delphi on Feb. 13, 2017. Erskin is Williams' grandpa.”

Photo at link:
“A sign marks 20 acres of what will become Abby & Libby Memorial Park, near the corner of the Hoosier Heartland Highway and Indiana 218, a mile north of Delphi, on Wednesday, March 27, 2019. The park will be a memorial to Abby Williams and Libby German, two Delphi eighth-graders murdered while hiking a popular community trail near Delphi on Feb. 13, 2017.”

“Leveling the acreage early this spring would leave the summer and into the fall to recruit help to run underground electrical lines and everything else needed to get closer on a $1 million project looking to come together with hands-on muscle from family, friends and obliging businesses that could cut away from other work.”
—-

Construction slow on memorial park for slain Delphi teens
Mar 29, 2019

DELPHI, Ind. (AP) - A volunteer contractor says progress has been slower than expected on the construction of a $1 million memorial park for two teenagers who were killed while hiking in northern Indiana.

Last edited:
Is the beginning of this thread a bit messed up? There’s quotes from me back in February to start it off?

Looks like when they did cut & paste of the important moderator posts that start each thread, they carried over a random post that started the last thread. No biggie.

Only seven hours till we know what all this is about. I’m hoping for a Parabon picture. That, in turn, should mean that they have ‘decisive’ DNA—that clearly is linked to the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member