MI MI - Tamala Wells, 29, Detroit, 6 Aug 2012

tamalawellsmap.jpg

1. Tamala's home, where she was last seen. (19700 block of Appleton St)
2. Stretch of road where Tamala's car was found. (Coventry St between E Lantz & Emery)
3. Location of Tamala's Crimestoppers billboard. (Corner of Winston & 7 mile) Of note, it is located much closer to her home than to where her car was found.

This is truly heartbreaking. Her FB missing page is still updated daily by Tamala's mom :(

I would love to see some more eyes on this case. Can we help Tamala's mom find her daughter?

I'd also like to extend an invitation to Tamala's mom and other family members or friends. If you join Websleuths and become a "verified insider", we may be able to help you.

Mom Still Fights For Answers 3 Years After Daughter Goes Missing in Detroit

Donna Wells-Davis couldn’t tell you how many times she’s traveled from her home in Florida to Detroit to search for her daughter Tamala Wells.

The 53-year-old who owns her own cleaning service remembers that there were at least seven trips she made after Wells went missing in 2012. The next year there were at least six trips. When the third anniversary of her daughter’s disappearance came this week, Wells-Davis had already made five trips so far this year.

“I’ve been there so many times that I stopped counting,” Wells-Davis told NewsOne in an interview. “Until the Lord tells me ‘Tamala is dead or Tamala is alive,’ I will keep going. I have to keep that hope, that glimpse of faith. I have to believe.”

Ex-Boyfriend Calls Missing Woman One Less ‘Headache'

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/tamala-wells-one-less-headache_566b0708e4b0f290e522f3bd

In an interview last week with The Huffington Post, Rickey Tennant denied any involvement in Wells' disappearance, but he didn't deny how he feels about the mother of his 9-year-old child -- or about the child herself. "She gives me a headache," Tennant, 58, said of his daughter. "[Wells] used to give me a headache, but I dealt with it, and I'm looking at it right now as 'one headache is better than two headaches.'"

Ex-Boyfriend Calls Missing Woman One Less ‘Headache'

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/tamala-wells-one-less-headache_566b0708e4b0f290e522f3bd

In an interview last week with The Huffington Post, Rickey Tennant denied any involvement in Wells' disappearance, but he didn't deny how he feels about the mother of his 9-year-old child -- or about the child herself. "She gives me a headache," Tennant, 58, said of his daughter. "[Wells] used to give me a headache, but I dealt with it, and I'm looking at it right now as 'one headache is better than two headaches.'"

:eek::eek::eek:

And this...

He says he took a lie detector test after Wells' disappearance.

"[The cops] said I failed one, but I believe I didn't," he said. "I talked to a lawyer, and the lawyer told me they can ask you questions a certain way and you can fail it. And I smoked marijuana, and they say if you smoke marijuana you can fail the test. But I wasn't scared or nervous about nothing, because I ain't did nothing."

Unbelievable.

Tennant, on the other hand, expects to enjoy the holiday. He credits his missing ex-girlfriend for that, for an unusual reason.

"Her birthday just came up in the lottery here in Michigan," he said. "Her birthday is 12/30. I played her birthday last week and I hit it for $10,000. I had said, 'Nikki' -- that's her nickname --'bring me some money,' and she brought me $10,000. We [are] going to have a merry Christmas."

One thing Tennant won't do for the holidays, he said, is gift Wells-Davis with any of her daughter's belongings.

"I still got all her stuff in the house, in the closet and in the basement," he said. "I got all that stuff and her mother mad, cause she want to come take her all her stuff out of the house and I told her she can't take nothing. No, I ain't giving nothing. All that stuff staying right where it's at."

Tennant says he's a "good guy" who's just tired of worrying about what happened to his girlfriend.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/566b0708e4b0f290e522f3bd

Community marches for 4th anniversary of Detroit girl's disappearance

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/community-marches-for-4th-anniversary-of-detroit-girls-disappearance_

Dozens of people gathered on the east side of Detroit Monday for a vigil and march to stop violence, and to honor missing mother Tamala Nikki Wells and Aundrea Garland, who was murdered in 2014.

Members of the community, along with the mothers of Wells and Garland, gathered for the vigil, pleading for someone to come forward with information about their daughters.

"Your heart has got to be heavy. There’s no way in the world you could walk around with a secret this deep and not tell nobody unless you just ain’t got no conscience, no heart, no nothing," said Donna Davis, Wells' mother.

"I’ve been in vacant houses. I been to the morgue. I’ve been to the river. I’ve been in spots. I’d give up everything I own. I would give it up right now for my baby. Give me my baby back, and I pray you don’t give her back to me in a box. That’s my hope. That’s my prayer, and I’m praying and I’m asking, I’m expecting a miracle today," Davis said.

Rally held for 5 year anniversary of disappearance of Detroit woman
Today, there is a “Walk in Love Rally” for Wells.People are invited to join in to bring more attention to the case of Wells and other cases of missing people in Michigan.

(...)

Wells’ mother lives in Florida and had plans to travel to Detroit for today’s rally, but the weight of the anniversary of not seeing her daughter in five years is too stressful.

5686c2121f0000c000e9ccd9.jpeg

Tamala Wells, of Detroit, Michigan, disappeared on August 6, 2012. Her mother, Donna Wells-Davis, learned of her daughter's disappearance on Aug. 7, 2012, when she received a phone call from her granddaughter, who was then 6 years old. The little girl said that her mom, then 33, had gone out the previous night and never returned.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...eshow=true#gallery/559e0f6ce4b0967291557f1d/1

Hey everyone! I am the assistant to the host of Unfound, Edward Dentzel. He did an interview with Tamala's mother, you should check it out.

Here is my friend Edward's page. He is the host of the podcast Unfound. /m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=626269313&ref=content_filter

Here is a link to the cases he has done so far. UnFound--A Missing Persons Program | Free Podcasts | Podomatic

UnFound--A Missing Persons Program

Here is a link to the Unfound Podcast Discussion Group. Unfound Podcast Discussion Group Public Group | Facebook

Unfound Podcast, where the weekly Wednesday live video is done.
Unfound Podcast

Unfound is also carried online by a major newspaper. UnFound — A Missing Persons Program/

Unfound is also on YouTube. Unfound Podcast

MAR 2021
New tip places Detroit mother missing nine years, at Indiana Street house year ago (fox2detroit.com)
On Tuesday community activist Minister Malik Shabazz said he received a tip she had been spotted a year and a half ago at a house at 14870 Indiana Street at Eaton. He announced he would be contacting CrimeStoppers and law enforcement regarding the tip he got from someone who wanted to remain anonymous.

[...]

indiana-street-house.jpg

The Indiana Street house Tamala Wells was supposedly seen at a year and a half ago.

[...]

Tamala’s mother, DW, relocated to Florida and she is grateful for efforts like this and she wants anyone with information about her daughter to say something.

Bumping for Tamala/Nikki, missing nine years. I'm unclear-with whom did her daughter go to live with after her disappearance then?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreyFishOmen
Back