MI - 2 Year Old Shot in Face by Dad, Jackson County, 16 Apr 2019 *Arrest*

gitana1

Verified Attorney
Reaction score
I haven't seen this one. This little boy had half his face blown off by his father during a "domestic" incident.

First he held a handgun to the baby's temple and pulled the trigger. The gun did not fire.

Then he grabbed a shotgun and chased the mother and child and shot the baby in the face.

The baby has survived so far but is in critical condition with multiple surgeries to reconstruct his faces d life saving efforts.

It is not known if he can pull through.

The father seemed unconcerned at his arraignment.

Father shot 2-year-old boy in the face intentionally, prosecutors say

Dad charged with the attempted murder OF HIS OWN SON.

No word on how the kiddo is doing. The boy's name is Ryker Glance - if that is not a rockstar/moviestar name, I don't know what is! Please pull through little Ryker! The world's got big plans for you.

No word on how the kiddo is doing. The boy's name is Ryker Glance - if that is not a rockstar/moviestar name, I don't know what is! Please pull through little Ryker! The world's got big plans for you.
When they are guilty, beyond a shadow of a doubt, I believe the death penalty should be used. The only thing these cowards fear is their own mortality. Nothing else matters to them but "SELF."
He'd love life in prison, I don't care what the so called experts say. No work, and everything free. They have it made!!! Life in prison is a reward to them. I've read where they have said so. They commit horrendous crimes because they WANT to go to prison and know they will never get death. Smh.

hm maybe the mom can get his last name changed since that's his father's name

Michigan boy allegedly shot by father, now alert

He is AWAKE, FULLY ALERT, and moving around. He is making tremendous strides in his recovery and every goal the doctors have set for him he has exceeded above and beyond. The doctors and nurses that have been taking care or Ryker call him the miracle baby and can't believe how well he's doing in that short amount of time! He is off of the ventilator and now has a TracCollar to help with the swelling and healing in his face. He did graduate the ICU last night and is in a step down care unit! He has been working with physical therapy and speech therapy teams and is making strides to get better every day. His favorite thing to do is sit on the play mat in his room and play with his cars!

Redirect Notice

Once Ryker is finished with emergency care, Face Forward International, whose officials learned of his situation through social media, is ready to provide free reconstructive surgery to remove or lessen the scars left by Ryker’s injuries.

Art Moehn Auto Group, 2200 Seymour Road, is offering Ryker’s mother a free lease of a new Chevrolet Equinox SUV, sales consultant Jerry Cox said. She only needs to visit the dealership to fill out some paperwork and the SUV is hers for the next three years, he said.

“It’s wonderful to see the community come together and step up to help them in their time of need and we wanted to give her a vehicle with space for all her kids and enough yearly miles to cover her trips to the hospital for future visits,” Cox said.

Father accused of shooting 2-year-old son to undergo mental evaluation

District Judge Michael Klaeren signed an order Friday, April 26 sending Michael Christopher Glance, 32, of Blackman Township, to be evaluated by the state-run Center for Forensic Psychiatry to determine if he is fit to stand trial.

Citing possible mental illness, the court also ordered him evaluated to determine if he can be held criminally responsible for the crimes he is accused of committing.

He is scheduled back in court June 7 for an update the status of his mental evaluations. Bond has been set at $10 million and a child protective services petition has been initiated to terminate his parental rights.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea
Back