TX - Elizabeth Barraza, 29, murdered setting up garage sale, Harris County, Jan 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your observation made me think another possible scenario could be someone in the neighborhood unhappy about the garage sale itself.
Though possible , I don't think this is very likely.

My guess is that most perpetrators in targeted "issue" type killings go through a build up. For example repeatedly confronting people about garage sales and ordinances, seen taking down signs, repeatedly calling the city about garage sales and real or imaged ordinance violations etc. This things do not seem to have occurred.

Likewise, issue killings might also focus on what the perpetrator feels is an egregious violation of his / her "issue". For example, victim was known to run garage sales constantly and was in effect, running a week end thrift shop from their garage. The victim does not appear to have done this.

Though possible , I don't think this is very likely.

My guess is that most perpetrators in targeted "issue" type killings go through a build up. For example repeatedly confronting people about garage sales and ordinances, seen taking down signs, repeatedly calling the city about garage sales and real or imaged ordinance violations etc. This things do not seem to have occurred.

Likewise, issue killings might also focus on what the perpetrator feels is an egregious violation of his / her "issue". For example, victim was known to run garage sales constantly and was in effect, running a week end thrift shop from their garage. The victim does not appear to have done this.

Just throwing it out there as a possibility. But I again I still think it's personal.

Is it true that the killers truck was seen driving around for a while or did the truck appear to drive up and leave?

I tend to think, because of the outfit that it's either someone who's totally lost their mind, has it in their mind to murder someone in a paranoid manic state. or

Maybe something happened immediately prior - something where the killer didn't have take time to get dressed for the day before murdering someone. The killer is wearing what I would think a woman would wear getting out of bed and making coffee.

Maybe something happened that morning when Elizabeth was putting up signs? or maybe the killer was in the kitchen, making coffee when she saw Elizabeth outside and recognized her from another incident - and in a rage went out to find her?

I don't think the clothes the killer is wearing is a disguise. It looks like what someone would be wearing early in the morning. a robe, unruly hair.

All opinions...

Is it true that the killers truck was seen driving around for a while or did the truck appear to drive up and leave?

I tend to think, because of the outfit that it's either someone who's totally lost their mind, has it in their mind to murder someone in a paranoid manic state. or

Maybe something happened immediately prior - something where the killer didn't have take time to get dressed for the day before murdering someone. The killer is wearing what I would think a woman would wear getting out of bed and making coffee.

Maybe something happened that morning when Elizabeth was putting up signs? or maybe the killer was in the kitchen, making coffee when she saw Elizabeth outside and recognized her from another incident - and in a rage went out to find her?

I don't think the clothes the killer is wearing is a disguise. It looks like what someone would be wearing early in the morning. a robe, unruly hair.

All opinions...

I agree. It's not a costume or disguise IMO.

This might be controversial but I think LE could check nearby schools to take a look at any incidents that have happened with a mommy-unhinged. This seems like a neighborhood where, if local to the area, there's a higher than 50% chance that she has children in the school.
If this is a mental break, it's likely happened before. If she is generally unhinged, she's probably escalated to some extent before.
And if you have kids, you are at their school, interacting with teachers etc regularly.
Were any kids late or absent that day?
Grasping at straws here...wish there were more updates!

This might be controversial but I think LE could check nearby schools to take a look at any incidents that have happened with a mommy-unhinged. This seems like a neighborhood where, if local to the area, there's a higher than 50% chance that she has children in the school.
If this is a mental break, it's likely happened before. If she is generally unhinged, she's probably escalated to some extent before.
And if you have kids, you are at their school, interacting with teachers etc regularly.

That is an interesting thought. I used to work in public school system, in the principal's office. We certainly did see our share of unhinged parents. :confused:

If you don't mind, you should report this information to local LE who are investigating the case. It may not be relevant, but you never know. Let the police decide.

Did Liz and her husband regularly attend Star War Conventions?

I wonder if LE checked local motels to see if the vehicle was listed with a guest.

I don't want to make any blanket statements, but I'm not sure the motels in our area list vehicles when a guest registers. I have had my share of "staycations" and I've never had anyone ask about my vehicle.

I don't want to make any blanket statements, but I'm not sure the motels in our area list vehicles when a guest registers. I have had my share of "staycations" and I've never had anyone ask about my vehicle.
Yeah, I have stayed at hotels all over Texas, Florida and Georgia. I’ve never had to tell hotel staff what my car looked like.

Yeah, I have stayed at hotels all over Texas, Florida and Georgia. I’ve never had to tell hotel staff what my car looked like.
Maybe I'm thinking of upscale hotels
where the car is valeted overnight in the big cities. Downtown Atlanta and Miami. However, I doubt our perp's car was valeted. I'm sure they've checked out car rental places. It just seems strange that they know the make and model of the truck but can't find it.

I have stayed at many, many hotels in 15 or more states and there may have been once or twice that I was asked about my vehicle. That would have likely been when there was a big event and parking was monitored more.
However, I don’t think it is a bad line of thought and entirely possible that some hotels do keep a record.
I am so anxious for a break in this case.

Maybe I'm thinking of upscale hotels
where the car is valeted overnight in the big cities. Downtown Atlanta and Miami. However, I doubt our perp's car was valeted. I'm sure they've checked out car rental places. It just seems strange that they know the make and model of the truck but can't find it.
I’ve stayed in downtown Atlanta with a valeted cAr in an upscale hotel :) Front desk never asked us for the type of car or for the valet ticket.

Been lurking but want to add, IMO this is a tall woman, seems to be wearing her pajamas or comfies, she is walking with a clear vengeance, intent to kill. She shows Liz something, this part seems clear to me now. I don’t believe Liz’s response would’ve changed this persons mind. Did the timing of the spouses departure for work play a part or just a coincidence? I agree with one of the earlier posters that perhaps someone was simply pissed about her posting signs for the yard sale. Someone completely off their rocker. My other theory I will keep hush for now. MOO

Do you remember that lady and her husband that planted drugs on someone at their kids school for some reason. It may sound odd but some parents (rarely) become desperate over their kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni