Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #89

Status
Not open for further replies.
you guys, I am freaking out..so many possibilities it's crazy town! I have not been around as much as I would like the past few weeks..I was surprised to see this announcement in my news feed. I will stay close today, fingers crossed we have a break. mOO

Do the families have to wait, and stand there, and get the news at the exact same time as the public? Or does LE usually tell them the news beforehand (even if only minutes)?
I find it tragic that the families were not told first, at least ‘hey we have something, we are calling a presser’ even if they wanted to hold the actual info. It is bad for them to hear the media reports, and be contacted for interviews, and learn there is something up. I think it was poorly planned not to give the families a heads up. jMO

2.5 hours to go...I haven’t felt this feeling of anxious anticipation since waiting for the verdict in the CA trial!! Praying that something has been put into place to give these two beautiful young ladies and their families the justice they are owed.

My guesses in order of my most likely:
1) They announce it has been linked to other cases in Indiana and beyond. This satisfies the “no suspects” and “new direction” statements, since now the case will be part of a much wider investigation.
2) They announce an end to their failed policy of releasing no information and announce that, except for a few things, over the next few days they will be releasing a lot of info in hopes of someone recognizing something. No suspects...check. New direction...check.
3) The suspect is dead. Investigation changes to prove conclusively he did it and and answer question as to how and why the crime occurred. New direction, No suspect really.
3) Charges are being filed against an incarcerated individual. New direction. Charges filed.
4) Parabon or DNA analysis information. No suspects. New direction...hmmm not really. (I’ve Never thought they had DNA)
5) A release of some of the audio or video or cause of death or some other piece of evidence previously withheld. No suspect. No new direction.
I’ll take any of these today and celebrate them as a step forward.

I think it is #3, and if not, then #4.

I find it tragic that the families were not told first, at least ‘hey we have something, we are calling a presser’ even if they wanted to hold the actual info. It is bad for them to hear the media reports, and be contacted for interviews, and learn there is something up. I think it was poorly planned not to give the families a heads up. jMO

We don't know that they weren't. Did any of them say "we first heard about it when a reporter called us?" I'm going to guess they are being met with this morning just prior to the press conference.

Does anyone think it possible that the families may have been clued in to what was being announced but were told by LE to keep it under wraps??

Does anyone think it possible that the families may have been clued in to what was being announced but were told by LE to keep it under wraps??

I think there are a few possibilities

1 The families know and were asked to keep it under wraps.

2 The families will be told shortly before the press conference.

3 They have a reason why they couldn't inform the families beforehand

Apr. 22, 2019 9:28 AM
LIVE STREAM EVENT// NOON: Here's what we know about Monday's planned Delphi homicides news conference
"Sgt. Kim Riley told News 18 this new information is something the public needs to know. He said no arrests or warrants have been issued, but the information they plan to share will help the community better understand what's going on in the case."
"Sgt. Kim Riley told News 18 this new information is something the public needs to know. He said no arrests or warrants have been issued, but the information they plan to share will help the community better understand what's going on in the case."
"Riley is encouraging the public to attend. The briefing will be held at the Canal Center in Delphi located at 1030 North Washington Street. Doors open at 11:30 a.m. and the announcement will take place at Noon. News 18 will carry the press conference on air and here on WLFI.com."

"ISP Superintendent Doug Carter will begin with a statement. Additional information will then be provided by Capt. David Bursten.
No questions will be taken after the statements. "

Apr. 22, 2019 9:28 AM
LIVE STREAM EVENT// NOON: Here's what we know about Monday's planned Delphi homicides news conference
"Riley is encouraging the public to attend. The briefing will be held at the Canal Center in Delphi located at 1030 North Washington Street. Doors open at 11:30 a.m. and the announcement will take place at Noon. News 18 will carry the press conference on air and here on WLFI.com."

"ISP Superintendent Doug Carter will begin with a statement. Additional information will then be provided by Capt. David Bursten.
No questions will be taken after the statements. "

This almost makes it seem as though its possible they have connected this case to another unsolved case...MOO

In a case I was personally involved in, the family was given a heads up about an upcoming presser but the details weren't shared with them until an hour before the presser.

ETA They were told not to share the info before the presser.

Anna Carrera on Twitter
Set up underway for #Delphi press conference about #AbbyandLibby - you can see pictures of the girls on one side and a series of displays on the other. State police tell me the one covered in red is one of the things that will be released as new info in this case at noon @WTHRcom
D4w12ADX4AckGNp.jpg
D4w11_0W0AYzlrX.jpg
D4w11_zWAAAzEN8.jpg

10:12 AM - 22 Apr 2019

2.5 hours to go...I haven’t felt this feeling of anxious anticipation since waiting for the verdict in the CA trial!! Praying that something has been put into place to give these two beautiful young ladies and their families the justice they are owed.

Interesting I was puking my guts out during that wait as well.

1 hour 40 minutes.

Anna Carrera on Twitter
Set up underway for #Delphi press conference about #AbbyandLibby - you can see pictures of the girls on one side and a series of displays on the other. State police tell me the one covered in red is one of the things that will be released as new info in this case at noon @WTHRcom
D4w12ADX4AckGNp.jpg
D4w11_0W0AYzlrX.jpg
D4w11_zWAAAzEN8.jpg

10:12 AM - 22 Apr 2019

Wow! Definitely a new sketch, I think, and I'm going with PARABON!!

How do we know they weren't notified?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member