IL IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also found it reported in this article from Saturday.

“However, investigators say there’s no indication of an abduction.

Police dogs found no evidence of A.J. leaving the home. Dogs did pick up his scent in the trunk of his parents’ car.”

Father Of Missing Crystal Lake Boy Spends Hours At Police Station Saturday; Community Gathers For Vigil

PD needs to be checking all neighborhood cameras and cameras at local businesses to find out where that car went and who was in it.

The mother of a missing 5-year-old from Crystal Lake is trying to regain custody of her younger son, Parker, according to one of her attorneys.

After Andrew "AJ" Freund was reported missing on Thursday, the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services took JoAnn Cunningham's younger son into custody.

There will be a hearing Tuesday at the McHenry County Courthouse in Woodstock regarding the department's decision to take Parker into protective custody, one of Cunningham's lawyers, Jeannie Ridings, said in an email. A news conference will follow the hearing and is expected to start about 10 a.m.
Mother of missing Crystal Lake boy AJ Freund describes son as ‘super sharp and smart’ and a ‘good big brother’ who loves to draw

The mother of a missing 5-year-old from Crystal Lake is trying to regain custody of her younger son, Parker, according to one of her attorneys.

After Andrew "AJ" Freund was reported missing on Thursday, the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services took JoAnn Cunningham's younger son into custody.

There will be a hearing Tuesday at the McHenry County Courthouse in Woodstock regarding the department's decision to take Parker into protective custody, one of Cunningham's lawyers, Jeannie Ridings, said in an email. A news conference will follow the hearing and is expected to start about 10 a.m.
Mother of missing Crystal Lake boy AJ Freund describes son as ‘super sharp and smart’ and a ‘good big brother’ who loves to draw

BBM
How many attorneys does the mother have? This is the third one (so far) that’s been named as representing her.

"Sobs" without tears. Not cooperating with investigation. Won't answer any questions, needs privacy.
SMH.
Her precious son is missing, and she needs privacy. Not going public with any information that would help find him,or shed any light on the situation. Not on the police like white on rice, pestering them, bugging them, making them roll their eyes thinking her again.
MOO

And she has two attorneys.

Interesting, a news conference after the custody hearing. Bet the Attorney is going to file some sort of action against DCFS for revealing the family history. Regardless, no way she will regain custody of PF.

In one of the early news video of Dad, he mentioned he wanted to talk to Dan/Daniel to see if he could help. He is talking about Mom's boyfriend who was living in the home until he was arrested in December 2018. I thought that was interesting. RUMOR ALERT- many on social media who claim to know the boyfriend in custody, say he is a drug dealer. I wonder if AJ was taken by someone who had been in the house regularly for drug sales? Neighbors haven't mentioned that kind of traffic so unlikely, just trying to think of other possibilities.

This is squarely where I am. I'd bet just about anyone Mom is responsible but Dad has a hunch.

I'm kind of going with they are both responsible. Likely through neglect or endangerment such as Andrew accidentally getting ahold of something he shouldn't and the worse happening. Honestly Andrew getting ahold of something he shouldn't have could have been as simple as a bottle of Tylenol or sticking something in a socket to something illegal. I think these parents knew that any misstep would cause them to possibly lose all of the kids forever.

Where if I had a 5 year old that got ahold of a bottle of Tylenol, not a whole lot would happen. We would be at the ER ASAP, and the absolute most would be a case opened if the ER suspected something more was going on and DCFS making a home visit. That would even be a stretch and not something I would hardly flinch an eye over and of course would welcome them in my home.

Either way, they both know exactly what happened in that home. I worry because Dad seems really smart and able to maneuver through the situation strategically. He won't talk because he's a lawyer and smart enough not to. Mom won't talk because she knows it means losing the 3 year old plus the unborn child on top of IMO already losing Andrew.

If anyone talks first it will be the mom due to mommy guilt and wanting a proper burial for her child, but I'm not sure if or even when that will happen.

Of course this is all pure speculation and IMO only.

Attorney #1 for Andrew's disappearance

Attorney #2 For for regaining custody of younger son currently in Illinois DCFS custody/foster care?

Are these attorneys approaching her and offering services free of charge?

Is she hiring them?

Crystal Lake Police Department
18 mins ·
PRESS RELEASE

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: April 22, 2019

100 West Woodstock Street
Crystal Lake, Illinois, 60014
(815) 356-3730

Crystal Lake Police Search for Missing 5 Year Old Male Child

Crystal Lake Police Department Detectives, working collaboratively with members of the FBI and the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children continue to actively investigate this case. This continues to be an active and ongoing investigation. In reviewing all information, there is no indication currently that would lead police to believe that an abduction had taken place at this time. Information obtained continues to have police focusing on the residence and the individuals that may have seen or had contact with “AJ” last. As of today’s date, JoAnn Cunningham, the boy’s mother, continues to be uncooperative with police. On Saturday afternoon, Andrew Freund, the boy’s father, did speak with police detectives. Investigators are continuing to review evidence, leads, and tips as they become available. There has been no arrest in this case at this time.

Police have no new information to share and we will continue to update the media as information becomes available.

The Crystal Lake Police Department encourages anyone with information related to this case to contact the Crystal Lake Police Department at 815-356-3620. Anyone with a cell phone can send an anonymous tip to the Crystal Lake Police Department by texting the word CLPDTIP along with the tip information to 847411 (tip411). Normal text messaging rates do apply.

###

I'm kind of going with they are both responsible. Likely through neglect or endangerment such as Andrew accidentally getting ahold of something he shouldn't and the worse happening. Honestly Andrew getting ahold of something he shouldn't have could have been as simple as a bottle of Tylenol or sticking something in a socket to something illegal. I think these parents knew that any misstep would cause them to possibly lose all of the kids forever.

Where if I had a 5 year old that got ahold of a bottle of Tylenol, not a whole lot would happen. We would be at the ER ASAP, and the absolute most would be a case opened if the ER suspected something more was going on and DCFS making a home visit. That would even be a stretch and not something I would hardly flinch an eye over and of course would welcome them in my home.

Either way, they both know exactly what happened in that home. I worry because Dad seems really smart and able to maneuver through the situation strategically. He won't talk because he's a lawyer and smart enough not to. Mom won't talk because she knows it means losing the 3 year old plus the unborn child on top of IMO already losing Andrew.

If anyone talks first it will be the mom due to mommy guilt and wanting a proper burial for her child, but I'm not sure if or even when that will happen.

Of course this is all pure speculation and IMO only.
Got a hold of something,or was given something? I wonder if he ever saw Zanny the Nanny,But hey must of been the darn dogs.
MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member