OH OH - Tyler Davis, 29, Columbus, 24 February 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
So they had been celebrating her birthday that night , presume out rather than a hotel meal etc , you get back to hotel (time not known ) and then go out for a walk in woods ? So if I wanted a smoke I’d just go and stand outside hotel .... (my guess is they might have had a row after drinking / party night out and he went off in a bit of a strop for a while and they made it up on the phone and he was heading back )

So from what I understand, tyler's wife, tyler, and tyler's friend went out that night to a bar and then later to a gentleman's club called the Doll House, where tyler had apparently gotten into an altercation with the bouncer because his wife had gone to the bathroom right at closing and he wanted to wait inside on her and the bouncer said no, of course there was no way for the bouncer to know he was telling the truth. Anyway, she comes out they get an uber she said its about a 15-17 minute drive from the Doll House back to the Hilton. Tyler apparently falls asleep in the Uber on the way, and when they get back to the hotel his friend or his wife wakes him up and he is confused and saying they're in the wrong place. She said in the interview with TCG he is always grumpy when woken up and mixed with alcohol and exhaustion that could have been the case. This is why he decided to take a walk. The friend went with him at first, and then the friend returned shortly without him back in front of the Hilton where tyler's wife was waiting. after a while Tyler made a call to his wife I believe around 400-410am saying he was in the woods, could see the hotel and was walking back and should be there in about 5 minutes. They hung up, she got another call right after that lasted around 4 seconds, assuming his phone call was by accident she called him back and it went straight to voicemail and tyler never returned.

"I like coconut" ....weird detail

"I was worried about leaving my drink when I went to the restroom"

Really? Your drink is with your husband and his best friend of 10 years who is apparently close enough to design your wedding ring and celebrate your birthday.

It is just so odd. I know folks get nervous on podcasts, but yikes.

Also, she mentions the other friends' names (who came to search?), but not the name of the friend who was actually there that night.

Really? Your drink is with your husband and his best friend of 10 years who is apparently close enough to design your wedding ring and celebrate your birthday.

Also, she mentions the other friends' names (who came to search?), but not the name of the friend who was actually there that night.

I believe she actually mentioned it at the beginning of episode 1 with TCG without them catching it, I wanna say it sounded like John but don't hold me to that. Then during the whole podcast interview you could hear a male voice chime in every now and then, but it was never addressed. I know they stated he was getting harassed online, but I feel he knows more.

She accidentally mentions the friend’s name (the one who was with them) in part 1.

I believe she actually mentioned it at the beginning of episode 1 with TCG without them catching it, I wanna say it sounded like John but don't hold me to that. Then during the whole podcast interview you could hear a male voice chime in every now and then, but it was never addressed. I know they stated he was getting harassed online, but I feel he knows more.

It sounded like Shawn to me... JMO

If I am understanding the time line correctly, there is security footage of the three arriving back at the Hilton around 3:15 or so...

the next time anyone is caught on camera is after 4:00 AM.

Isn't it possible that after T walked off, B & S (the friend) went up to the room together?

B claims that her phone's battery was almost dead....it would be necessary for the phone to charge for more than a few minutes - right?

So the two were in the room for nearly an hour..........

If I am understanding the time line correctly, there is security footage of the three arriving back at the Hilton around 3:15 or so...

Isn't it possible that after T walked off, B & S (the friend) went up to the room together?

B claims that her phone's battery was almost dead....it would be necessary for the phone to charge for more than a few minutes - right?

Especially if you’re making that many phone calls I’d assume you needed more than a few minutes to charge your phone. She stated her phone was almost dead before the Uber even showed up to get them from The Doll House, because she asked Tyler and he said his was almost dead too.

If the hypothetical is true... That’s the one thing that I cannot reconcile. Before I was on the fence, but if no one indeed said anything to the hotel staff and then left looking for him knowing it’s possible he could come back to the hotel and be confused or injured or at the very least wonder where BD is, then that seems just a little TOO odd for me. I’d be showing his picture to any employee I found asking if they’d seen him and asking to keep an eye out for him. At minimum tell the front desk staff so if he calls the hotel somehow to say he got lost or whatever or even walks in, they can recognize him and say hey dude your wife went looking for you, use the phone here and call her and let her know you’re here.

I can’t even think of one reason why you wouldn’t say anything. Nothing makes logical sense to me. Even her freaking out doesn’t make sense to me because wouldn’t that make you seek information out like crazy? If you’re freaking out about someone missing it only makes logical sense that you’d ask anyone around you if they’d seen that person.

From what i got from the podcast, the hotel wasn’t informed until the parents had arrived, searched, and all left again. BD went back with some friends to search again, I don’t remember exactly how long after. She then stated she talked to the manager and THEN explained the whole situation and the manager said they would pull footage. WHY in the world would you not notify the people that see everyone coming in and out of the building your missing husband said he was 5 minutes away from. Makes no sense.

so maybe thats one of the details she is leaving out - her and the friend went up to the room and did whatever and by the time they realized it had been an hour and he still wasn't back. Maybe she's embarrassed that it took that long for her and the friend to realize something was up and go look for him?

I agree with all of the above.

Also, why risk the security footage being recorded over by waiting hours?

Also front desk people see folks coming and going and know things.

Something's not right. well, clearly... He is still missing

I have not stayed in a hotel in a while. When they use the key card, is there a time stamp like in dorms?

Also, upthread there was an argument mentioned. What was it about? TIA

No. There is no statement in the podcast about what the argument was about.

Depending on the inside of the hotel, as to if it's been updated, key cards for hotels are insanely advanced now. Its all electronic.

Also, this may sound dumb but just a thought. I noticed there are multiple bus stop locations in the area. What time does the first bus run around the locations he was walking towards? If he was confused thinking he was in the wrong area, he had all of the money according to BD. I live in a very small town and tbh honest im not sure if you have to have a ticket before, but could he have caught a bus to an even more unfamiliar location by accident? Given the time Idk that its a plausible theory, but I haven't been able to locate any routing information either.

Also, this may sound dumb but just a thought. I noticed there are multiple bus stop locations in the area. What time does the first bus run around the locations he was walking towards? If he was confused thinking he was in the wrong area, he had all of the money according to BD. I live in a very small town and tbh honest im not sure if you have to have a ticket before, but could he have caught a bus to an even more unfamiliar location by accident? Given the time Idk that its a plausible theory, but I haven't been able to locate any routing information either.
CBUS 7 am - 12 am on Fri & 9 am -12 am Sat. Resuming at 10 30 am Sun.

Thanks! other than him drunkenly accepting a ride offer, if this were an accident on his own accord they would have to find him somewhere in this location... I just cant get the pieces together and I hate it.
No prob! I hadn't thought of a bus. But, they weren't running. I'm not familiar, so there could be another transition mode that runs 24/7. But, I didn't find it as quickly as that.

If the hypothetical is true... That’s the one thing that I cannot reconcile. Before I was on the fence, but if no one indeed said anything to the hotel staff and then left looking for him knowing it’s possible he could come back to the hotel and be confused or injured or at the very least wonder where BD is, then that seems just a little TOO odd for me. I’d be showing his picture to any employee I found asking if they’d seen him and asking to keep an eye out for him. At minimum tell the front desk staff so if he calls the hotel somehow to say he got lost or whatever or even walks in, they can recognize him and say hey dude your wife went looking for you, use the phone here and call her and let her know you’re here.

I can’t even think of one reason why you wouldn’t say anything. Nothing makes logical sense to me. Even her freaking out doesn’t make sense to me because wouldn’t that make you seek information out like crazy? If you’re freaking out about someone missing it only makes logical sense that you’d ask anyone around you if they’d seen that person.

I suppose if you’d been using illegal drugs, you’d not want the police called. If you tell the hotel staff, they will notify the police sooner rather than later. You wouldn’t control when the police get notified. That’s purely only me thinking out loud. Maybe I just would rather believe it’s something like that rather than a very nefarious reason....

This whole thing is jacked up. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member