Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #89

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it refers to the book, the murderer is definitely damaged goods if that was used as any sort of a motivator to murder two innocent young teens. Is the perp mentally ill I wonder, an adult still living at home, the type an overprotective mother might protect even if she had suspicions?

“The title of the book is a metaphor for "the house you build out of your own pain", as Young explained in a telephone interview.[5] He also told radio host talk show Drew Marshall that The Shack "is a metaphor for the places you get stuck, you get hurt, you get damaged...the thing where shame or hurt is centered."[6]
The Shack - Wikipedia

Just a thought, the vehicle being abandoned by the old CPS/DPS building. Maybe the perpetrator knows that area well from being in the foster system?? Maybe that was partly where he got the building material for his "Shack", concerning the referenced metaphor in the book.

Oh, I’m sure they’ve had to bring in a great number of resources in order to respond to the tips that will be pouring in.

The floodgates just opened.

I just hope they are tips as in. My friend was parked there that day. My neighbor was acting strange and he looks like the pic etc. Or better yet this guy is my brother....Not I saw a picture of so and so on the internet and I think it could be him. Or have you guys thought about checking video camera footage from here and there etc....MOO

In the newest voice release he has for lack of a better word a weariness sound. Like a camp counselor with a tone of ok you know the routine.

all imo

Sort of agree with this. Sounds to me like he wasn't getting cooperation and it was sort of a mild scolding, like, just do what I say.

But it also sounds like maybe he was cautioning them - like he was tricking them by saying there was a wild animal or something "down the hill" and pointing that way.

Who knows. All so horrible.

It is a paraphrased quote from the movie The Shack. I actually watched it last night. Mack finally sees his daughter in heaven and she is beautiful, happy, etc. Papa is trying to teach Mack to forgive in order to let go of his pain. Seeing his daughter helps. Also, the remark about the murderer having an ounce of consciousness, also speaks to confessing sin and asking forgiveness, because we are all God's children and God wants us all in heaven, no matter the sin.

DISCLAIMER: In no way am I trying to start a debate about religion - just referencing the movie.....
"How you left them in the woods" may also suggest, and this is gruesome, I'm so sorry, positioning after death. If someone left them a certain way, and the LEOs are trying to send a message to someone with deeply religious feelings, referencing that may be enough to have someone close to the perp put two and two together.
IMO, they're looking for a young father with close ties to a church as well as the family. This whole PC seems like a message to a wife or SO. Just MOO.

If they know who this is, if he is that close somewhere in the community what are they waiting for? They have evidence. That have his voice and likely dna.

Seriously, are they waiting for someone to do their job for them while a killer is in the community? This is lost on me.
My opinion only - but I think they are looking for some additional evidence to solidify a conviction. Reminds me of the Susan Powell case. Police pretty much knew Josh Powell was responsible but they didn't have enough evidence to get a conviction.

The podcast Cold talks about how police "tickled the wire" which basically meant they set-up a press conference and did wire taps on Josh's phone to see if he talked about it. I wonder if that's what Delphi PD is doing here?

Delphi murders: Dirt moves on Abby & Libby Park, their families’ hands-on, $1M dream

be1cc55b-5b94-4a91-b9c4-f01bad01150d-IMG_8742.jpg

A sign marks 20 acres of what will become Abby & Libby Memorial Park, near the corner of the Hoosier Heartland Highway and Indiana 218, a mile north of Delphi, on Wednesday, March 27, 2019. The park will be a memorial to Abby Williams and Libby German, two Delphi eighth-graders murdered while hiking a popular community trail near Delphi on Feb. 13, 2017

Thread is moving so fast couple of thoughts before I forget and get side tracked.

First the hair versus the cap. I can see ditching the cap in the sketch if the perp doesn’t usually wear it. Maybe the found his hair at the scene and extrapolated it to his head, same for the facial hair. Slight nose change even face change if the perp has given up drinking, also adding to a younger look.

The walk to me seems like he has something in his pocket prevent his hip from flexing properly. I suspect a weapon of sorts, a sheathed knife or small pistol with a safety or revolver.

The police asking for the community to give the family time of two weeks. I think they expect the perp to reach out to reassure he had nothing to do with it. My first thought was someone in the press. With all the other attempts the girls did at trying to ID this person, I really think if they knew him they would have said his name if it was known to them.

I think they're also trying to break through any walls of denial erected by people who may be close to the suspect.

It's very difficult for parents, siblings, extended family members or friends to go to police with a tip about someone they care about. The human mind will create a million reasons why their suspicions couldn't be relevant. Or, they don't trust police, in general.

I've seen it in many cases, even when someone's arrested with strong evidence, people close to them refuse to believe they could have done it, and maybe even have shielded them, like giving an alibi to get police to go away.
Thank you. I agree that a plea to family/friends/acquaintances of the murderer is intentionally a significant part of this press conference. I just can’t think of him as ‘BG’ anymore, knowing that he is the killer of children.

My family has been exactly where this murderer’s family/friends/acquaintances are. A close family member of mine committed a horrible and violent crime that ripped apart our entire world and I made up all kinds of ridiculous scenarios to ‘excuse’ the crime — it was an ‘accident;’ someone planted evidence and DNA to frame this invidual; there was a complex undercover operation involving multiple LE entities and fabricated data. I nearly drove myself to distraction moving between denial and truth. I conducted my own interviews. In the end the evidence was overwhelming.

Fortunately LE moved more quickly for us than in this case and I did not have to turn in or give evidence against a loved one. But during my extensive ‘interviews’ I uncovered a prior ‘bad act.’ I now harbor great suspicion that other family members knew about an earlier crime and covered up and lied to protect him. If I am right and that is the case, a young woman would be alive right now if people close to my family member had done the right thing years ago. Loving someone deeply and unreservedly does not mean protecting them from the consequences of their actions.

Quite a difference in appearance of age between the two sketches imo.

I only draw stick people.....so I will not attempt this. Take the new released picture, add the beard, mustache, longer hair, then do another picture an add the hat....now, do the pictures look alike? Just wondering, in my mind a possibility. Remember he could have changed his looks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288