Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #89

Status
Not open for further replies.
The source of this new sketch is unkown, but it's what police believe BG looks like in normal life.

The source of the first sketch was a witness who saw BG the day of the killings. Possibly that first sketch was supplemented by the video footage of BG on the bridge.

IMO, police believe the killer would not have gone around before or after the crimes looking like the original sketch. He wouldn't be wearing that hat, facial hair, or clothes. Especially once the video/sketch were released.

The original sketch was useful, in case anyone saw someone looking like that around the time of the murders.

But two years have passed, so those memories are unlikely to emerge now. Instead, they're appealling to people who may know the person as they normally appear, but who never connected them to the crime because the sketch didn't match.

Thank you SO much! :)

Yes, and all those Billboards they were up before that had the incorrect visual for people to be looking for. And now they change it to completely different with a longer chin, Etc. Some people think it looks the same, I think it looks totally different myself.
I don't understand why they would withhold the new sketch and info. from the public all this time. Also, as an aside, I have not followed this case closely and I was stunned to see how desolate the pathway the girls took was! I would be highly nervous to walk in such an area myself.

I watched and rewatched the presser. Carter was addressing the perp. I think he knows who he is but not solid evidence yet. And Carter is angry.
1). He has a position of authority in Delphi but maybe not LE or the
Clergy.
2) he is young enough to have known and worked with kids in the area. Only 3000population. Likely about 30-40years of age. Has small children.
3) is sick, evil, twisted.
4) helped authorities and stayed close to searches and investigation.
5) arrogance led him to believe no one would suspect him.
6) during Murders, he disguised himself. He didn’t know Libby filmed him. He was smart enough to throw LE and townspeople off.
ETA: Carter is hoping perp has just a smidgeon of conscience. Doubt that!

Watching the press conference again and it's clear that every word/reference was purposely made to get at the killer. It had all the hallmarks of the FBI's involvement (criminal profilers) and the presser was there to serve a very specific purpose. I think they have some idea who the killer is, but need more. I'm hopeful that the community of Delphi know who this individual is and will help bring justice to Abby and Libby.

they are close now, they are fully exposing him ..they have a Parabon sketch now obviously, because they are 100 percent confident in this portrait.

now someone who could not put together the sketch with the photo will have a lightbulb moment.

this is so close. the emotion of the presser was disturbing..something is going on behind the scenes that is causing this near hysteria from a seasoned veteran of the PD.

I could feel the nearby danger, the helplessness, the deep anger.

they are so close. I believe it. mOO

Near hysteria?

Carter indicated that he knew there would be a lot of questions. Well darn right there are a lot of questions. Understatement of the year.

Re: “The Shack”, it still seems interesting that he went out of his way to mention it, imo. Perhaps I’m over analyzing and he was just using that as a metaphor for evil or whatever, but in case not, this makes me of wonder if they found additional evidence at a shack (maybe he took them there to assault the girls then disposed of them near the water) — this is perhaps a reach but maybe the perp even communicated with them something about a shack, maybe left a sign there for him which indicates a connection to Delphi.. again I could be over analyzing this but something reminds me of LE’s communications with Beltway Sniper and the whole deal with that. That perp had actually even been “angered” because he submitted specific information to them which he demanded he kept between them but the media got a hold of it which was a huge screwup and angered the perp...anyway, let’s say there is a “shack” for instance—well I’m remembering from a long time ago a reddish brown shack iirc that I noticed in a video which drives along the route...maybe past the cemetery...I can’t remember which video it was but I asked what that shack was that was passed at a certain time stamp in the video...I’m going to see if I can find it...Might be nothing.

ETA: Needle in a haystack right now. Noting for later.

Last edited:
When first said, I took it to mean someone not unknown in to LE, past or present. Someone possibly working in some type of LE position. Jmo

Yes, me too. And I still think it will be. It’s just now that we’ve heard the press conf, I’m thinking of a different angle (religious connection) and doing some internet looking and wondering if we’re actually able to hear his voice.

Of all the features that have changed in the second pic, his nose is not one of them. I see that same flattened bridge and bulbous tip.

IMO, they will know him by his nose.

They eyes too and jaw. He looks very familiar. Like an actor or comedian.

I think the look is distinct. I hope it leads to something. I'm just confused how there can be two such definitive sketches.

"As Superintendent Carter said today, "We have a witness. You made mistakes. We are coming for you and there's no place for a heartless coward like you to hide that gets his thrill from killing little girls."

They have a witness? This from the ISP press release today, prior to the PC.

Why do you think Carder was so emotional today?
omg omg omg..... I am just seeing all this and will be frantically trying to catch up. BUT, all I kept thinking the whole time he was talking is that it is one of their own. He kept putting his hand on his head in true heartache and disbelief. Disbelief in a different way than just the usual "2 sweet girls were brutally murdered" because they have had 2 years to process that. This seemed different. I just kept feeling like they might know who it is and it is a betrayal of some sort, even more than just a child murderer.

The source of this new sketch is unkown, but it's what police believe BG looks like in normal life.

The source of the first sketch was a witness who saw BG the day of the killings. Possibly that first sketch was supplemented by the video footage of BG on the bridge.

IMO, police believe the killer would not have gone around before or after the crimes looking like the original sketch. He wouldn't be wearing that hat, facial hair, or clothes. Especially once the video/sketch were released.

The original sketch was useful, in case anyone saw someone looking like that around the time of the murders.

But two years have passed, so those memories are unlikely to emerge now. Instead, they're appealling to people who may know the person as they normally appear, but who never connected them to the crime because the sketch didn't match.

Yeah but I don't think a person can change their facial structure like that. Those are two totally different people IMO.

Not at all convinced LE has a suspect in mind. They could bring the person in, if they did, saying they had a tip and needed to investigate further. Ask for a DNA sample, see what they they say, get alibi on record. They say they have interviewed hundreds already, why wouldn’t they bring this person in, if they knew who he was? None of the others were arrested but were still interviewed. I am not buying that in a two-year old child murder case that they would wait around hoping someone will point to the perp, if they know who he is. Jmo

I wonder what kind of tips they hope to get and more importantly, what do they need from them?

If they “know” who the guy is, no tip called in is going to prove that. Oh Joe Blow got a haircut on 2/14/17? He has a blue coat too? Just the info we needed, he’s our guy!

Even if 10,000 tips come in saying they recognize the guy, so what? That doesn’t prove anything and certainly can’t be used to arrest or prosecute someone.

Or even if someone calls to say so-and-so told me he did it, so what?

If they have a specific individual in mind, they don’t need tips, they need PROOF and evidence. Does a member of the public have that?

Just thinking out loud, I don’t think they care about the tips at all. This was to make the perp nervous and mess up somehow. I don’t know what that could be though...moo.

Yeah that reference to The Shack has got to be deliberately aimed at the perp ..... you don’t ask the whole community to gather for a press conf about a horrible murder, plan it for 3 days, & then blabber on plugging random movies you’ve recently seen .....

But - again - how can they know so much & still not even know whether perp is 18 or 40??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knownstranger07