IL IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone who is friends with Joann posted a video in the facebook group that shows Joann with the 3 year old at a hotel swimming pool on 4/13. AJ is not with them. A neighbor also said that he saw the Dad out on a walk with just the 3 year old.
This is helpful for setting a time line - friends need to go backwards from here

Hi, I’m completely new. I’m in the Chicago area and AJ’s case is keeping me up at night.

I don’t want to violate TOS since no POI has officially been named, but I also have a question because I’m new to sleuthing. If someone had an open case for a traffic violation from, say December, and there was an update on local court websites saying that a warrant was served today, would that mean that person was in police custody?

Hi, I’m completely new. I’m in the Chicago area and AJ’s case is keeping me up at night.

I don’t want to violate TOS since no POI has officially been named, but I also have a question because I’m new to sleuthing. If someone had an open case for a traffic violation from, say December, and there was an update on local court websites saying that a warrant was served today, would that mean that person was in police custody?

Welcome sabepa!

A warrant would mean there is a warrant for that person's arrest, not that they have necessarily been arrested.
Some people have warrants for months or years before being arrested. Others have a warrant and police go directly after them.

A warrant would mean there is a warrant for that person's arrest, not that they have necessarily been arrested.
Some people have warrants for months or years before being arrested. Others have a warrant and police go directly after them.

True, but the OP said the warrant 'was served' today. If a longtime warrant is served, isn't that an arrest or at least a full payment?

That would depend on what type of warrant it was. I'm not from IL but generally there are different types of warrants; bench warrants, arrest warrants, etc. "Served" would mean the warrant was "served" to the defendant but not necessarily that they were arrested. PS: Welcome!

They had the time to travel much further than that.
Agreed.....but I don't think so. A 10 mile or less radius is typical. 1000 acres probably looking for a live child. A different search for the other option. I sound like a broken record. IMO...They haven't gotten serious about findinga a body. And history tells us that LE typically doesn't. Its usually ancillary search groups of volunteers that narrow down the search.

Not sure what IL law is but in my area if AF were fighting this case than living in the home is a good legal strategy to buy time (if the eviction process weren't started). Also interesting info on the other person living in the home, "Another man, 36-year-old Daniel Nowicki, is also reported to have lived at the home some time within the past year. Woodstock police arrested Nowicki in December, after he allegedly kicked and hit two nurses and a security guard at Northwestern Medical Hospital – Woodstock, while undergoing a psychological evaluation, Cunningham said in a Jan. 1 email to the Northwest Herald. Nowicki lived at the Dole Avenue address at the time, according to the criminal complaint detailing his arrest."
Parents of missing Crystal Lake boy fight foreclosure of home | Northwest Herald

If the mom has a hearing tomorrow to get her 3-year old back from DCF, I'm going to bet the mom, right now, is clean. If she didn't have to drop at the police station, I'm pretty sure DCF will make sure that she's clean by having her drop before the 3-year old can return to her custody. Plus, I really don't think a good lawyer (or law team as she appears to have a team), would allow their client to pursue getting the boy back if she was still using. That could really hurt their case and she could potentially lose him and the baby she's carrying.

During 2013 to 2015, where was the dad? Was he in treatment at that time? AJ has 2 parents so if one was using and the other should have been able to keep AJ. Was moving in with AJ's dad the only way she could get him back in 2015?

I didn't see where it was stated that the police said the dog found AJ's scent in the trunk. I saw the video of the dog in there. Was it just speculation on the reporters part or fact?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth