CA CA - Roger Levell, 27, South Lake Tahoe, 1971/1978

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
cache.php

Roger C Levell

El Dorado County, California
27 year old white male

Brown Hair
Green Eyes

Scars on right side of eyebrow, right side of head, left corner of mouth, acne scars on face, neck, and shoulders. Vaccine scar on left arm.

Tattoo on right arm Angel on right hand Mom, left inner forearm Levell Love Me, left outer forearm Roger and NS

Circumstances: Roger C. Levell was last seen on December 1, 1971 in South Lake Tahoe, California. It is believed that he is a victim of foul play.

Some agencies report that Roger C. Levell disappeared on January 12, 1978.

Dental information / charting is available and entered

DNA Status: Sample is currently not available

Fingerprint information is available and entered

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/17917/

Bump.

I assume this is the Roger Curtis Levell who was vice president of the Omaha Hells Angel chapter and arrested for supplying heroin to an agent of the Bureau of Narcotics in 1970. The 1971 disappearance date would then relate to his failure to appear for trial in February 1971. More information can be found at Hells Angels MC criminal allegations and incidents - Wikipedia. Some further details of the drugs bust can be found at the appeal record at UNITED STATES v. HALEY | 452 F.2d 391 | 8th Cir. | Judgment | Law | CaseMine.

I think he was born 23 September 1944 in Douglas, Nebraska as his ex-wife has a twitter account where she comments of having been married to 'the best Hells Angel from Nebraska' in 1969 (and names him).

It is very unclear to me whether he went missing to evade justice or was killed, perhaps by his chapter, to avoid compromising others. I am also unsure where the 1978 date comes from.

Bump.

I assume this is the Roger Curtis Levell who was vice president of the Omaha Hells Angel chapter and arrested for supplying heroin to an agent of the Bureau of Narcotics in 1970. The 1971 disappearance date would then relate to his failure to appear for trial in February 1971. More information can be found at Hells Angels MC criminal allegations and incidents - Wikipedia. Some further details of the drugs bust can be found at the appeal record at UNITED STATES v. HALEY | 452 F.2d 391 | 8th Cir. | Judgment | Law | CaseMine.

I think he was born 23 September 1944 in Douglas, Nebraska as his ex-wife has a twitter account where she comments of having been married to 'the best Hells Angel from Nebraska' in 1969 (and names him).

It is very unclear to me whether he went missing to evade justice or was killed, perhaps by his chapter, to avoid compromising others. I am also unsure where the 1978 date comes from.

Hi there,

Curious if Robert could be the 1991 El Dorado County John Doe (#UP54000)?

InformationMissing PersonUnidentified PersonMatch?
Name/NAMUS/Case ID#MP17917 - Robert C Levell#UP54000N/A
LocationSouth Lake Tahoe (El Dorado County)El Dorado CountyYes, ~1 hr drive east on highway 50
Date Missing/FoundDecember 1, 1971 or January 12, 1978.**October 28, 1991Possibly
Estimated PMIN/A1981-1989, shoes indicate before 1986-1987Possibly
RaceWhiteWhiteYes
Age2720-50Yes
Height5'11"5'9" to 6'1"Yes
Weight170Cannot EstimateN/A
HairBrownUnknownN/A
EyeGreenUnknownN/A
ClothingUnknownGreen army jacket, one "Sun backer" shoe, khaki shirt, blue jeans size 33x36, white t shirt with illegible red writing on it, silver lighter, black combN/A
Other Physical FeaturesScars on right side of eyebrow, right side of head, left corner of mouth, acne scars on face, neck, and shoulders. Vaccine scar on left arm. Tattoo on right arm Angel on right hand Mom, left inner forearm Levell Love Me, left outer forearm Roger and NSOn the zygomatic bone there was a healed fracture that could have left a scar under the right eye of the decedent while he was living.Yes
AgencySouth Lake Tahoe Police Department, (503)-542- 6100, case #120171El Dorado County Sherrif's Office (503)-621-5655, case #91-23844
Other NotesDecedent was found at a campsite. Sunbacker shoes popular from the 1960's to the early 1980's, sold as a JC Penny brand. Seem to have been discontinued around 1986-1987.

Robert possibly being found at a campsite would make sense if he was hiding from the law, and the locations are fairly close too. It gets cold up in South Lake Tahoe camping so maybe camping a bit down the mountain was optimal.

The match is worth exploring. I am now pretty sure he did not disappear in 1971 (although it is possible he did so temporarily due to the court case). This is because LE raided his house in April 1972 in connection with a bombing of a state liquor inspector (see John Duprey House 6066 Buckingham Avenue Omaha Nebraska). It seems unlikely they would have done so specifically investigating him if he was missing at the time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back2theGardenAgain
Back