OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#47

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jmo the ticket date looks like it was prior to missing date
You are correct. I saw the file date. Looks like the two tickets were on the 7th.
Sorry for the confusion..

Does anyone know of any evidence that the W4 were in Alaska in May 2017?

I do not think they were in Alaska in May 2017---my opinion only---because the Jackson Days Inn Trash Pull was done on June 8 , 2017.

We know the Wagner's were gone during the Friday May 12 and Saturday May 13 searches of their former Peeble's farm property and their trailers that were stored at the car lot. They had sold their Peterson Rd. property in March and were not living on it during the searches.

So to me it makes no sense that the Wagner's would be in Alaska in May, then turn around and travel to, and be in, Jackson Ohio on June 8th, then go back to Alaska later in June. They had a conversation with an Alaskan neighbor in June so we know they were in Alaska in June.

I think they took off from Ohio in May (because the heat was on) and did their stay in the Jackson Days Inn and then did their Montana and Missouri property transactions (according to the evidence) and then ended up in Alaska sometime during the month of June.

Just my speculation from what little we have to go on from the evidence released to the media.

Wow. They are keeping an unusually tight ship, considering this case is so high profile.

Oh, and to complicate the month of May 2017 even more, there were, according to the evidence, about a dozen interviews with the Wagner's in the month of May, 2017. 99% of them were audio interviews. That means all these interviews could have been long distance, away from Ohio....:eek::confused::rolleyes:o_O.....?

Last edited:
I do not think they were in Alaska in May 2017---my opinion only---because the Jackson Days Inn Trash Pull was done on June 8 , 2017.

We know the Wagner's were gone during the Friday May 12 and Saturday May 13 searches of their former Peeble's farm property and their trailers that were stored at the car lot. They had sold their Peterson Rd. property in March and were not living on it during the searches.

So to me it makes no sense that the Wagner's would be in Alaska in May, then turn around and travel to, and be in, Jackson Ohio on June 8th, then go back to Alaska later in June. They had a conversation with an Alaskan neighbor in June so we know they were in Alaska in June.

I think they took off from Ohio in May (because the heat was on) and did their stay in the Jackson Days Inn and then did their Montana and Missouri property transactions (according to the evidence) and then ended up in Alaska sometime during the month of June.

Just my speculation from what little we have to go on from the evidence released to the media.

Wow. They are keeping an unusually tight ship, considering this case is so high profile.

Oh, and to complicate the month of May 2017 even more, there were, according to the evidence, about a dozen interviews with the Wagner's in the month of May, 2017. 99% of them were audio interviews. That means all these interviews could have been long distance, away from Ohio....:eek::confused::rolleyes:o_O.....?
But they made more than one trip, in Fact I believe I even read that somewhere too. Maybe they stayed at the Jackson days inn when they returned to get the rest of their belongings

Oh, and to complicate the month of May 2017 even more, there were, according to the evidence, about a dozen interviews with the Wagner's in the month of May, 2017. 99% of them were audio interviews. That means all these interviews could have been long distance, away from Ohio.

CC, it's best to live with silence from the prosecution than to sacrifice the cases and risk killers to go free. JMO

Yes. And as you said, the Rhodens had security cameras and guns and likely felt protected even if a door wasn't locked. Kenny's daughter said her dad slept with a loaded gun near his head.

Family: Rhoden property had video cameras

".....Leonard Manley, the father of Dana Rhoden, said his former son-in-law Christopher Rhoden Sr. had at least two video cameras mounted to a building near the entrance of his trailer on Union Road. When motorists arrived at his driveway, a sensor would turn lights on, he said.

“You could clearly see the cars and even the people inside," said Manley, sitting outside his home on Union Hill Road Tuesday.

He said he believed Christopher Rhoden Sr. kept the cameras on at all times, but did not know if authorities had video from those cameras. DeWine and investigators have chosen not to release details of their investigation, now nearly three weeks old..... "
Leonard wouldn’t know, he never even went up there. “He didn’t go around me and I didn’t go around him.”

Wouldn’t the assailants had been seen by the victims on the Rhoden’s security cameras had they slipped in days earlier and unlocked windows? I believe it’s fair to assume Chris checked his security footage routinely. Most people who have security cameras review the stored footage. DeWine stated the Wagners surveilled the victims to the point they knew the victims’ every move. It seems fair to think that the Wagners would’ve learned where spare keys were kept for the homes, during their surveillance. But then again, who knows.
I wouldn’t say it’s fair to assume crsr would check his security camera routinely. I’d say most people don’t even check it most of the time unless something comes up missing

CC, it's best to live with silence from the prosecution than to sacrifice the cases and risk killers to go free. JMO

I 100% agree Loomis. I am of the minority that thinks LE was smart to keep things close to the vest. And I am in the minority to believe that LE actually solved this case quite quickly. There was much criticism that LE, BCI, etc..were taking way too long. But I don't consider the GJ indictments of the cold blooded murders of 8 precious lives, to have taken an inordinate amount of time.

Do I get frusterated? And wish for more information? Yes, for sure. But I am banking on the prosecution having a long game plan that will pay off.

I 100% agree Loomis. I am of the minority that thinks LE was smart to keep things close to the vest. And I am in the minority to believe that LE actually solved this case quite quickly. There was much criticism that LE, BCI, etc..were taking way too long. But I don't consider the GJ indictments of the cold blooded murders of 8 precious lives, to have taken an inordinate amount of time.

Do I get frusterated? And wish for more information? Yes, for sure. But I am banking on the prosecution having a long game plan that will pay off.

Amen. I have no doubt whatsoever that there is more than enough evidence to prove the Ws did this. I just pray for Justice to the victims.

Just a friendly reminder to all of us, especially me: Lots more Discovery to come.

Yes. Absolutely positively! We actually are not seeing very much compared to what all they have. We have Angela's Evidence Supplemental, and one turnout of Jake's evidence. An exhibit from Fred's and a mention of Rita Newcomb 's. Etc... Well, we will wait. We have waited 3 years, we will wait longer. What matters is the families getting justice.

Without day to day jobs, and weekly checks, I don't see how they've been making it this long. I just feel there was a chain of events that lead the families to come to this point, but b/c of S, JW was able to keep a foot in the door. He couldn't do anything to disrupt that.

BBM

Agreed.

ETA. IMO none of the W4 know how to earn an honest living. I don't think any of them know that feeling of accomplishment that most of us feel by getting paid a decent wage for a good ole hard day's work. Grifters....

The were seen there in June, 2017. [snip] That doesn't answer your question about May though.

Regarding that photo of the W4 with two kids on a river, said to be Kenai, Alaska, taken in late May or early June 2017, provided by AW/JW to a journalist who published it in an Ohio news article...
JMO
...but I don't think it was taken in May/June, or at least not that time-frame in AK. I've lived here nearly 40 years, and by mid-May alders are fully-leafed and bright green - and those trees don't appear to have leaves -
plus those trees look too tall for AK, compared to the buildings nearby. MOO

Anyway, by way of introduction, I've lurked here for years and appreciate all the work and talent here to dig out the details of this complicated case.

Also, on the AW Discovery, it lists "Brentley NCH CAC, 1 video" which has been discussed, but not resolved.
I think it refers to a video done at Nationwide Children's Hospital, an interview of BR by the Child Advocacy Center for LE.

My understanding is the CAC uses this approach to determine what happened when investigating crime or abuse of young victims, so the child has a safe place to tell what happened, in a situation that avoids re-traumatizing, and the video interview is also used to develop treatment.

Hope this helps - if it is an interview with little BR, then it being included in the AW discovery is consistent with something a keyed on by another poster, that is, it was AW's idea to make sure the babies weren't killed, too.

Regarding that photo of the W4 with two kids on a river, said to be Kenai, Alaska, taken in late May or early June 2017, provided by AW/JW to a journalist who published it in an Ohio news article...
JMO
...but I don't think it was taken in May/June, or at least not that time-frame in AK. I've lived here nearly 40 years, and by mid-May alders are fully-leafed and bright green - and those trees don't appear to have leaves -
plus those trees look too tall for AK, compared to the buildings nearby. MOO

Anyway, by way of introduction, I've lurked here for years and appreciate all the work and talent here to dig out the details of this complicated case.

Also, on the AW Discovery, it lists "Brentley NCH CAC, 1 video" which has been discussed, but not resolved.
I think it refers to a video done at Nationwide Children's Hospital, an interview of BR by the Child Advocacy Center for LE.

My understanding is the CAC uses this approach to determine what happened when investigating crime or abuse of young victims, so the child has a safe place to tell what happened, in a situation that avoids re-traumatizing, and the video interview is also used to develop treatment.

Hope this helps - if it is an interview with little BR, then it being included in the AW discovery is consistent with something a keyed on by another poster, that is, it was AW's idea to make sure the babies weren't killed, too.

Fletcher73, welcome! Good to have you and your knowledge of Alaska here to contribute to discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong