GUILTY MN - Landen Hoffmann, 5, thrown from 3rd Floor at Mall of America by stranger, 12 Apr 2019 *Arrest*

I can guess that his vision is affected, retinal detachment is almost a given at that level of trauma, with possible cortical vision loss is the optic chiasm. I once saw an eye that the vitreous completely separated.

Poor little boy.

That would be awful, yet entirely possible.
But unless the family tells us to stop, I will keep believing in the miracle.

Update 5 from the fundraiser site for this poor little boy:

"We have good news to share with you all on this Good Friday! Our miracle child Landen is showing real signs or recovery. New test results have been positive, though he remains in intensive care with a long road ahead. Our faith in God, and our Savior Jesus, is strong and we are gaining more reason for optimism day by day. We continue our request for privacy as we focus on Landen and thank you for respecting our wishes. Just know that we all feel your overwhelming love, prayers and support - He is answering our prayers and they ARE working. Please continue to pray for Landen and his family, every single prayer is important. Thank you so much from all of us and have a blessed Easter weekend".

$923,264 has now been raised.

Police Chief Potts declined to speculate on Aranda’s mental health history but noted that in the his prior brushes with law enforcement, “it looks like some of those cases were handled through the mental health court, but still ultimately he was convicted of those cases.”

Hero Bystander Helped Apprehend Suspect Accused of Throwing 5-Year-Old Off Mall of America Balcony

This crime is obviously not a “brush with the law”. His mental health issues have now escalated quite dramatically and he now poses a significant threat to anyone around him. I wouldn't be surprised if he has to be evaluated to see if he's fit to stand trial.

Intermittent explosive disorder (IED) is an impulse-control disorder characterized by sudden episodes of unwarranted anger. The disorder is typified by hostility, impulsivity, and recurrent aggressive outbursts. People with IED essentially “explode” into a rage despite a lack of apparent provocation or reason.

Although he might be characterized by this description, it is not specifically identified in DSM-5, American Psychiatric Association disorder guidelines.

My view from a doctoral perspective, he will have no trouble being fit for court. As well, the courts have not been empathetic to this condition. IMO....

Intermittent explosive disorder (IED) is an impulse-control disorder characterized by sudden episodes of unwarranted anger. The disorder is typified by hostility, impulsivity, and recurrent aggressive outbursts. People with IED essentially “explode” into a rage despite a lack of apparent provocation or reason.

Although he might be characterized by this description, it is not specifically identified in DSM-5, American Psychiatric Association disorder guidelines.

My view from a doctoral perspective, he will have no trouble being fit for court. As well, the courts have not been empathetic to this condition. IMO....

He planned on killing someone. That is not explosive. He premeditated it

"After his arrest, Aranda agreed to speak with officers and admitted he was the one who had thrown the boy off the balcony. He said he come to the mall on Thursday planning to kill an adult because they usually stand near the balcony, but it did not “work out.” He returned to the mall on Friday and chose the 5-year-old boy instead.

Aranda said he had been coming to the mall for several years and had made efforts to talk to women in the mall, but had been rejected. He said that rejection caused him to lash out and be aggressive.

Surveillance video from the mall showed Aranda walking on the third floor and looking over the balcony several times before approaching the victim and his mother.

Emmanuel Aranda, 24, of Minneapolis was charged Monday with first-degree attempted premeditated murder. "

Charges: Man who threw 5-year-old off Mall of America balcony was 'looking for someone to kill'

"After his arrest, Aranda agreed to speak with officers and admitted he was the one who had thrown the boy off the balcony. He said he come to the mall on Thursday planning to kill an adult because they usually stand near the balcony, but it did not “work out.” He returned to the mall on Friday and chose the 5-year-old boy instead.

Aranda said he had been coming to the mall for several years and had made efforts to talk to women in the mall, but had been rejected. He said that rejection caused him to lash out and be aggressive.

Surveillance video from the mall showed Aranda walking on the third floor and looking over the balcony several times before approaching the victim and his mother.

Emmanuel Aranda, 24, of Minneapolis was charged Monday with first-degree attempted premeditated murder. "

Charges: Man who threw 5-year-old off Mall of America balcony was 'looking for someone to kill'
Any particular reason you're posting information from 5 days ago that's already been posted and discussed? Just curious.

This article is dated today. Haven't seen it worded this way. Because I want to.

From your link:

Posted Apr 15 2019 11:45AM CDT

Video Posted Apr 15 2019 09:51PM CDT

Updated Apr 16 2019 04:27PM CDT

Never in a million years would I imagine reading this....
'Truly a Miracle': Child who was thrown off 3rd level at MOA recovering

"Doctors said they found no brain damage -- not even any swelling," Hammond said at the service. "No spinal damage, no nerve damage... doctors are saying it is truly a miracle."

Hammond also noted the boy had suffered some small internal injuries, including a good amount of broken bones, but none of the injuries were considered to be life-threatening.

Wonderful news :D

Wow. That is amazingly excellent news! No brain damage? Remarkable. No retinal damage?

That truly makes you believe in a higher power or something was protecting that little boy.
The thousands of people who have been praying for this boy have had their prayers answered.

Simply amazing.

I loved the part about 'they worked on his face, his nose and cheek bones, and everything just kind of fell back into place'.

Amazing news! Although I wonder if this poor boy will have some emotional issues after this. PTSD comes to mind. I know I’d have it (as the parent). Hope they throw the key at this guy.

Very true. And sad. We have enough social problems in the United States.

Here is today’s statement from Landen’s family:
“We wanted to provide a short update following the holiday weekend. We have an important week ahead with more milestones to accomplish. God’s hand is working. Your prayers are working! Our son remains in intensive care, under sedation and under close monitoring as we stay patient to allow him to heal.

Thank you for continuing to respect our family’s privacy through this unimaginable time. We remain steadfast in our faith and praise God for His miraculous work in our lives and for your love, prayers and support. Thank you so much and keep praying!”

From the fundraising page*

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back