IL IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skeptical of timeline. Was it verified by an independent review? Has AJ been missing for a lot longer than Thursday morning? Is the bed short sheeted? Are pajamas still in AJ's sleeping room? Mom says he slept in ninja turtle shoes, really? Too many loose threads here.

I have been trying to post on this thread forever. My username was not working so I created a new one.

1) Child Services failed this boy. Addiction is a disease and whoever think the mother has a “choice” does not really understand addiction. If a little boy is born with opioids in his system and has had troubles until up to 2018 - the mom is clearly unfit and someone needs to step in because the equation of this family only spells one thing: disaster.

2) I am 7 months pregnant and I take Klonopin (similar to Xanax). I have anxiety/panic attacks and it was decided by my psych/ob/doctors that the risks of panic attacks during pregnancy are higher than the risk of a small dose of Klonopin. In a drug test, Klonopin/Xanax would show up as “BENZOPEDINES” so if the person has a prescription it won’t be flagged as it’s not even close to an opioid and some of us need the medication to function. In my case, because of a drug addicted mother. I am with everyone saying that drug addicts should not be able to have kids.

I had family and an amazing father who took care of me and never let the situation escalate. But like I said, drug addiction is not a choice and a child will NEVER be safe just under the care of an addict. That’s just wishful thinking. I mean, heck, I was very lucky with so many people taking care of me and making sure I was very protected and I was, and still ended up with an anxiety/panic disorder that makes me feel guilty that I need to take a benzo during pregnancy because well... that’s the cards life gave me and just thinking of poor Andrew - what I went through was nothing compared to what other kids of drug addicts go through.

I have a hard time judging the mother as how can we judge someone so deep in an addiction? It’s like... geez are you surprised something happened with this kid with all the reported history? CPS failed. The system is broken. The mom needs to be in rehab and NOT caring for children or having more children. What a sad situation.

Good post.

I knew I had read this about the dogs picking up AJ's scent in the car trunk. This video has it.
"Police say K-9 teams have found no evidence of A.J. leaving the home, and that dogs picked up his scent in the trunk of his parents' car."

Sadly, we know how this is going to end. I hope I'm wrong.
jmo

Sadly, we know how this is going to end. I hope I'm wrong.
jmo

It’s quite obvious and to be honest, I am very upset with the system. They had so many warnings. The neighbors did their jobs. Why would they let these poor kids in such an environment? Why would they gamble with the life of a precious 5 year old!? I’m so angry.

Question: do we have any definitive date of the last time that AJ was seen by anyone outside of his immediate family?

We know what date he was reported missing, but reports from neighbors suggested that they hadn't seen him in a week (or longer?) Up in thread, there was a notation she was seen at pool with the three year old, and father was seen walking with three year old in recent weeks, but no AJ. (These reports may be unsubstantiated, so mods, snip if need be). Has anyone come forward and said that they had seen AJ even in that very week he was reported missing?

In regard to the court reports about going to get her littlest one back; someone mentioned she couldn't have drugs in her system if she were trying to get him back. I wonder AND MY THOUGHTS AND NOT FACTS, could mother/father waited to report until potential drugs out of system? Is that unlikely?

Thank you. I am scared of being judged for taking Klonopin during pregnancy as I already feel guilty about it every single day/night. I just think this case is so simple: mother is unfit as a caregiver and the kids should have been removed from her care a long time ago. Period.

IMO....there's a big difference between taking drugs as prescribed and abusing drugs. You need to do what's best for you and your baby and that's for you and your medical team to decided not WS:)

It seriously breaks my heart when children are failed like Andrew has been :(

Not sure what IL law is but in my area if AF were fighting this case than living in the home is a good legal strategy to buy time (if the eviction process weren't started). Also interesting info on the other person living in the home, "Another man, 36-year-old Daniel Nowicki, is also reported to have lived at the home some time within the past year. Woodstock police arrested Nowicki in December, after he allegedly kicked and hit two nurses and a security guard at Northwestern Medical Hospital – Woodstock, while undergoing a psychological evaluation, Cunningham said in a Jan. 1 email to the Northwest Herald. Nowicki lived at the Dole Avenue address at the time, according to the criminal complaint detailing his arrest."
Parents of missing Crystal Lake boy fight foreclosure of home | Northwest Herald
Poor Andrew and his brother,and unborn sibling.
Ughhhhhhhhhh.

While we're waiting for more news here's a small rant: I don't like that mom's attorney said he and mom were asking the community to help in trying to find AJ. Why not ask the community for help in finding AJ - minus the trying?

I know it probably doesn't mean anything more than a mannerism of speech but still, it jumped out to me. It's difficult to express what I mean exactly but IMO trying to do something mitigates actually doing something and it makes me wonder what the attorney knows. IOW, is there any use in trying to find AJ? IYKWIM.
“Ms. Cunningham doesn’t know what happened to AJ and had nothing to do with the disappearance of AJ,” he said. “Ms. Cunningham is worried sick, she’s devastated and we are asking for a little bit of privacy and understanding and compassion from you guys (reporters) and the community. And we are asking for the community’s help in trying to find AJ.”

Crystal Lake Missing Boy: What We Know So Far

I have been trying to post on this thread forever. My username was not working so I created a new one.

1) Child Services failed this boy. Addiction is a disease and whoever think the mother has a “choice” does not really understand addiction. If a little boy is born with opioids in his system and has had troubles until up to 2018 - the mom is clearly unfit and someone needs to step in because the equation of this family only spells one thing: disaster.

2) I am 7 months pregnant and I take Klonopin (similar to Xanax). I have anxiety/panic attacks and it was decided by my psych/ob/doctors that the risks of panic attacks during pregnancy are higher than the risk of a small dose of Klonopin. In a drug test, Klonopin/Xanax would show up as “BENZOPEDINES” so if the person has a prescription it won’t be flagged as it’s not even close to an opioid and some of us need the medication to function. In my case, because of a drug addicted mother. I am with everyone saying that drug addicts should not be able to have kids.

I had family and an amazing father who took care of me and never let the situation escalate. But like I said, drug addiction is not a choice and a child will NEVER be safe just under the care of an addict. That’s just wishful thinking. I mean, heck, I was very lucky with so many people taking care of me and making sure I was very protected and I was, and still ended up with an anxiety/panic disorder that makes me feel guilty that I need to take a benzo during pregnancy because well... that’s the cards life gave me and just thinking of poor Andrew - what I went through was nothing compared to what other kids of drug addicts go through.

I have a hard time judging the mother as how can we judge someone so deep in an addiction? It’s like... geez are you surprised something happened with this kid with all the reported history? CPS failed. The system is broken. The mom needs to be in rehab and NOT caring for children or having more children. What a sad situation.

Have been coming on hoping to see he's been found. I don't know if this is okay to post, but I have had a peek at both mom's FB pages and the videos are obviously of the younger, but the one from last year 17th of April has AJ at the end not moving at all- and is captioned:
"I love my boys so much.
.. , AJ, ..
I hope you will always know that.
Love,
Mom"
The same day she posted a link to "Free Bird by Lynyrd Skynyrd with Lyrics"

seen a few posts about the mother trying to offer pictures to the media during the press conference. Doesn't make sense that the lawyer would stop her. Possible they are worried that something in the pictures could be used as evidence? A recent picture that shows something in the background that is now mysteriously missing or disturbed? Missing blanket, clothing? hope that is not the case.
Or maybe even a bruise or mark on the child that is suspicious.

I haven't seen much discussion about dad's missing/broken (?) cell phone that he needed to replace. Is it a coincidence that it is gone now or she trying to hide info that could be on the phone?

I've been wondering about that as well. Cell phone locations and cell phone tower pings could be very beneficial.

Wow! Thanks so much for sharing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member