Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #90

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome back to the Delphi Murders discussion thread.

On the afternoon of Feb. 13th, 2017, best friends Abigail Williams and Liberty German were dropped off at a bridge in the town of Delphi. On Feb 14th their bodies were discovered around noon about 50 feet from the north bank of Deer Creek which is about 0.5 miles from the bridge.
The Sheriff's office gave a press conference on 4/22/19 and we have some solid information. Please take a look below

Here is the old sketch
attachment.php

HERE IS THE NEW SKETCH FROM THE PRESS CONFERENCE ON 4/22/19

delphi-suspect-sketch-ht-jef-190422_hpEmbed_5x6_992.jpg

HERE IS THE NEW AUDIO. IT'S-A BIT LONGER THAN THE FIRST AUDIO:
https://www.in.gov/isp/files/Delphi_Audio_Edited_2019x3.wav

Here is the old audio in a loop:

http://www.in.gov/isp/files/Delphi_male_voice_loop.mp3

LATEST PRESS CONFERENCE 4/22/19

FOR MORE CLICK HERE FOR THE CARROL COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE FACEBOOK PAGE.

Anyone with information about this case, no matter how insignificant, is encouraged to call the Delphi Homicide Investigation Tip Line at
(844) 459-5786.

Information can also be reported by calling the Indiana State Police at(800) 382-7537, or the Carroll County Sheriff's Department at (765) 564-2413.

Information can also be emailed to Abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

video of press conference from 2017 02/22/17: https://www.facebook.com/NewsCenter1...4728963476130/

Let's do this. Let's commit to getting this killer's picture and voice out there any possible way we can.

Pictures of Abby and Libby

Link to post with all Threads #1-98(Courtesy of margarita25)

Thread #70
Thread #71
Thread #72
Thread #73
Thread #74
Thread #75
Thread #76
Thread #77
Thread #78
Thread #79
Thread #80
Thread #81
Thread #82
Thread #83
Thread #84
THREAD #85
THREAD #86
THREAD #88
THREAD #89

*Media Maps & Timelines*
IMAGE Discussion Thread
Scanner Thread

Rules Etiquette & Information
Case map by skibaboo updated with grayhuze crime flow video
grayhuze youtube channel

Verified Insiders: None in this case at this time.
Verified Professional, Member michael.gartley, is a Verified Expert in Imaging Science.

RULES OF THIS DISCUSSION

DO NOT post photos of random individuals (including persons featured in MSM articles about other area crimes) to compare to the images of unidentified suspect on the bridge.

PLEASE DO NOT POST PICTURES OF SEX OFFENDERS!

Do not sleuth family, PERIOD. This includes previous public records which have nothing to do with this case. They are victims here. Plain and simple.

4) If you feel you have a tip, by all means, phone it in. Do NOT discuss your tip here. Contact the authorities and give them time to follow your lead.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a lot to discuss in the Delphi case with all the very big developments.

We have a very strong rule on Websleuths. Do not ask someone to PM you on a discussion thread. Why? You saw what happens on this thread. The thread was almost taken over by people saying "PM ME PM ME". We couldn't keep up with removing the posts.
If you want someone to PM you then what you do is your PRIVATE MESSAGE THEM FIRST and ask them whatever.

You do not stop the whole discussion and ask someone to PM you.

We will be giving long time-outs to anyone who says they have the information they can only share in PM's or words to that effect.

We call that "baiting" and it makes me crazy. It is so frustrating to try and get things under control when someone recklessly posts a cryptic post creating a frenzy of posts asking to be PM'd.
Please be mindful of our rules.
Thank you,
Tricia

Well, I am glad for SOMETHING new in this case. It is such an odd one. I think he tricked them somehow into letting him get close to them. Otherwise two girls in softball? They could easily have taken off, even separated and called 911 since they had their phones and were recording. I am still so confused why they were filming/using the phone when they could have just as well called 911. Did Libby post the video of man to snapchat?
I think he is in his late 20's, early 30's. Slightly stocky but remember he is wearing thick layers in the video. He is definitely not very tall, 5'10 at the most.

Thank you Tricia and mods. That seemed like forever!

What a day for this case, huh? Unless I've missed it before, I believe today is the first time I've heard LE indicate that they were BRUTALLY murdered (his exact words) :/

"They failed to show up at a pre-arranged pickup location." keeps ringing in my ears in all of this...
I have always wondered if BG knew (them) AND exactly when that 'pickup time' was supposed to be (his window of opportunity).

imo A family member or co worker knows who this is! Do the right thing and turn this monster in. I also think the police have an idea who this is and waiting on DNA tests. I believe that this new sketch includes DNA generated info, like the hair.

They must have a suspect in mind and maybe his DNA wasn't in the system and they went through garbage or spit or something the suspect disposed of and are now comparing the DNA and waiting. WISHFUL THINKING I KNOW!

I believe the police already have 99% proof of who did this. Perhaps waiting for the final DNA puzzle or the proper set-up to go into effect. The Officer stated to give the family privacy for the next couple of weeks. That's a pretty clear indication that an arrest is imminent, imo. I wouldn't be surprised if within a week or so they will have a suspect in custody. They must really know something worth allot.

I want to know what else BG is saying in the audio darn it. She was SO brave and will be the reason this case gets solved. AND I still believe he has a limp even if stepping over RR ties.

Here’s my take on the new audio. To me it sounds like he is positioning himself in an authoritative role. Like he “caught” the girls doing something they shouldn’t and used this as a ruse to lead them. Not implying the girls did anything wrong at all. But this audio to me sounds like...

Ok girls I caught you. I don’t want to do this but c’mon

Guys, down the hill.

It’s a reluctant sound like I have to do this, gotta turn you in.

I don’t think the girls did anything wrong. I think this creep acted as an authority figure in an effort to control them.

How do you feel about this case now knowing we have a witness?

"We have a witness. You made mistakes. We are coming for you and there's no place for a heartless coward like you to hide that gets his thrill from killing little girls," Carter said in a statement accompanying the new information.

The new sketch released today was actually drawn on Feb. 17, 2017 just days after the murders.

Man suspected of murdering teen girls in 2017 has close community ties

Ok so the "new" sketch is not "new" at all... it was drawn on Feb 17, 2017. So says the sketch artist in this article:

Delphi murders: New sketch of killer, video from Libby's phone released

snip

The sketch released on Monday was drawn by Bryant on Feb. 17, 2017, a few days after the victims' bodies were found. The picture was based on the description of a person who saw something that the person felt needed to be reported, according to Bryant.

ISP: Delphi Homicide Investigation
"On Monday, February 13th, at approximately 1:00 p.m., the two young girls were let off near the Monon High Bridge, an abandoned rail bridge over Deer Creek to walk around and hang out. They were to be picked up later in the afternoon, but did not show up there at the previously arranged time. Following an extensive search, at approximately 12:15 p.m. on February 14, 2017, the bodies of the two girls were found in a wooded area near the Delphi Historic Trail, approximately one-half mile upstream from the bridge.

Delphi_murder_suspect.jpg

Delphi homicide suspect
On Wednesday, February 15th, law enforcement officers distributed a photograph of a person observed on the Delphi Historic Trail. The photograph appears to depict a white male wearing blue jeans, a blue coat/jacket, and a hoodie. During the course of the investigation, preliminary evidence has led investigators to believe the person, in the distributed photograph, is a suspect in the investigation of the homicides of Abigail Williams and Liberty German.

Additionally, investigators have released an updated voice recording and video of the suspect not previously released that was extracted from Liberty “Libby” German’s cell phone."
LISTEN: Police release audio of Delphi, Ind. murder suspect

"We have a witness. You made mistakes. We are coming for you and there's no place for a heartless coward like you to hide that gets his thrill from killing little girls," Carter said in a statement accompanying the new information.

The new sketch released today was actually drawn on Feb. 17, 2017 just days after the murders.

I do not understand the sketch situation mainly why one was released before the other and the difference between them. I have so many questions I wish we had answers to.

The new sketch released today was actually drawn on Feb. 17, 2017 just days after the murders. Wait, how do we know that ? I missed that information. Was this drawing from the witness??
ETA I did not see the post that explained how we got that information. Sorry!

Ok so the "new" sketch is not "new" at all... it was drawn on Feb 17, 2017. So says the sketch artist in this article:

snip

The sketch released on Monday was drawn by Bryant on Feb. 17, 2017, a few days after the victims' bodies were found. The picture was based on the description of a person who saw something that the person felt needed to be reported, according to Bryant.
Oh wow that’s shocking. So this new sketch was actually drawn back in 2017

The ISP said something to the effect if
"we are just getting started now"

The sketch they released today was drawn 2/17/2017, just 3 days after finding Abby and Libby. It was done by the ISP police sketch artist from a witness (or witnesses?) description.

Maybe, finally, some detail of information provided by a witness or forensics has been substantiated and now they know where to look.

The suspect must be mentally unstable, suppressed anger, possibly tied to the religious community, hiding under a cloak of what he presumes to be a good hiding place (possibly the religious community). MOO there are people who suspect him however they are reluctant to come forward. They cannot face it. Their lives will be destroyed. The perp may not be a monster in the traditional sense of what we may suspect. He may be a young-ish person who has felt incredible powerlessness since adolescence, trauma and probably PTSD, incredible betrayal by God, probably bullied / rejected at the age that the victims were. I believe LE is appealing to this young man to turn himself in, and to remember the important messages of the movie "The Shack" about forgiveness and redemption.

I do not understand the sketch situation mainly why one was released before the other and the difference between them. I have so many questions I wish we had answers to.
Yup, join the club.

After today, I have more questions than ever.

Clearly, something has convinced law enforcement that this new sketch is more accurate.

What that is, and why now, remains to be answered.

Hopefully something falls out of the tree they just shook.

The ISP said something to the effect if
"we are just getting started now"

The sketch they released today was drawn 2/17/2017, just 3 days after finding Abby and Libby. It was done by the ISP police sketch artist from a witness (or witnesses?) description.

Maybe, finally, some detail of information provided by a witness or forensics has been substantiated and now they know where to look.
I’m so confused. So why did they only release the other one? Why would they have thought this wasn’t related?

The only thing I can think of is that this is someone close to the girls who was seen their that day and whose story was linked to their drop off or pickup. Meaning the police thought he was seen but was there for valid reasons.

snip

This is quite confusing. So LE is using the new (old) sketch with no facial hair and the video WITH facial hair. ???? This second sketch was drawn 3 days after the abduction.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member