Still Missing IL - Cory Rhinehart, 28, called 911, blood found, Zion, Lake County, 15 Mar 2019 *ARREST*

Blood on the walls is NOT a good sign. Bloodstains are classified into three basic types: passive stains, transfer stains and projected or impact stains. Passive stains include drops, flows and pools, and typically result from gravity acting on an injured body. Transfer stains result from objects coming into contact with existing bloodstains and leaving wipes, swipes or pattern transfers behind (ie: a bloody shoe print or a smear from a body being dragged). Impact stains (such as spatter on walls) result from blood projecting through the air and are usually seen as spatter, but may also include gushes, splashes and arterial spurts. I'm sure LE has already analyzed it but if the blood on the wall included an arterial spurt, whoever shed the blood is likely not alive.
I tend to agree with you, but has LE changed his status from "endangered"? (which is how I believe it was characterized in the beginning) They may not even if there was enough blood to conclude that it is likely that he is no longer alive. Just wondering if anyone heard anything different?

I tend to agree with you, but has LE changed his status from "endangered"? (which is how I believe it was characterized in the beginning) They may not even if there was enough blood to conclude that it is likely that he is no longer alive. Just wondering if anyone heard anything different?
I live in Chicago and nothing has changed as far as his status.

Any updates on who they found in the water?
No, due to the serious decomp, they are going to have to compare the remains to dental records. Forensic Odontology can take a week or two once requested. If there are no recent dental records, then they will have to do DNA, which unlike on TV, takes at a minimum six to eight weeks. Based on the location though and the level of decomposition of the body, locals believe it is the young high school student that jumped into the water in January at that location to try and save a friend who fell in. Given the cold temperatures, the condition of the body would not match Cory who only went missing a couple of weeks ago.

Last edited:
The body found in the water near where Cory went missing was confirmed today to be the body of the high school student who bravely jumped in to help a friend who had accidentally fallen into the water. The friend got out but Matthew Garcia drowned trying to safe him. https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...lake-teens-body-found-at-lake-michigan-harbor
what a courageous and heroic act... RIP Matthew Garcia, you were a gem and will be remembered as such! Peace to his family and loved ones, and as well to the friend who’s life was saved.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back