Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #90

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just quick post from my phone.
In reviewing the video clip, I believe the killer may have been wearing jeans that were too big for him. Also he seemed to have a brownish hoodie on under the other coat.
So he appeared larger on the video than he really is.
What he had under his coat is probably the weapon he used. However we only know the girls were murdered, not how.
From following cases of young victims where there are more than 1 killed, it usually takes a gun or knife to get them controllable.
Then they could've been tied up.
We don't know they were victims of sexual attack.
BG will probably not flinch at all, and may kill again.
I'm not convinced this was his first one.
Coda. Back to day 1.
Chi

I think what he used as a weapon is hanging off his waist, hatchet/ax.

I’m not sure if this has ever been discussed but could it be one of the girls’ teachers? That could make a lot of things make sense.

This.
Teachers often call their students “guys”.
It implies a casual non-threatening relationship, and to be honest, used when a teacher who sees/knows many students can’t quite remember names at a given moment. A teacher would say “Ok guys, let’s all sit down and turn to page 27.”

A teacher would have been off on the school holiday that terrible day in February 2017 just like Abby & Libby were. Were Delphi schools off yesterday, Easter Monday? Schools in my area were out. If Delphi schools were out, the presser could have been strategically scheduled for a school holiday after inviting the public to attend. That would allow a teacher to attend. If the families were told the perp could have been a local teacher, that would be shocking and upsetting to them.

I am a teacher, and as much as this theory troubles me, it is preferable to me than the thought of a family member or LE being involved.

Good Morning Guys. Correct me if I am wrong but, I remember when this first happened. For some reason I remember them not suspecting fowl play at first. I would think that if it was a brutal murder that would have been determined first thing at the crime scene. (FYI any murder of little girls is brutal to me) Am I thinking the wrong information? I thought it wasn't until after the autopsy they determined they were murdered. If that was the case maybe a weapon wasn't used to kill them maybe BG wasn't carrying anything. This is just my brain going a mile a minute over this. I have not forgot about these little girls since day one and now my brain is in a whirlwind. I hope what I am trying to say came out the right way.
You must be thinking of a different case. They knew this was murder immediately.

I do believe yesterday was a turning point in this case.

None of the PC was a ruse meant to deceive anyone. Every word spoken, and emotion was honest, genuinely raw, and real.

I do believe they got the new sketch using Parabon, but instead of releasing that image they made a sketch from it.

I read Parabon was contacted by the media about whether they were involved in this case ,and both LE, and Parabon said 'no comment.'

Imo they want BG to believe a new witness has now come forward that saw him without his cap, and much closer up.

Imo, they want him to be on guard now, knowing he has relaxed in the last year or so, while hiding in plain sight.

I felt all along BG was from this same area, and the killer wasnt someone just passing through. I think he could have seen the girls dropped off that day, and took full advantage of the opportunity.

I also never felt he was older. I think the age range given yesterday is correct. I also never thought his clothing would only be worn by someone much older. It's pretty generic, and I've seen from young to old have the same attire.

His gait reminds of someone who has been in a motorcycle or perhaps an ATV accident causing some type of permanent injury to his leg.

I think the tips are flooding in now.

Jmo though.

IMO a change of direction means they’ve hit a brick wall.
It’s disappointing.
I think it's a good thing. Previously they did not think the killer was from Delphi, but possibly lived near the area. The previous sketch of him was possibly far different to what he looks like today.
They mentioned he has changed since the murder. Maybe the new sketch is what he looks like now. I think their mistake was thinking he was much older than he is. I think the new direction also includes the idea that he is actually from the community, as opposed to a stranger from outside of town.
The killer may have felt relaxed, thinking they would never imagine he was hiding right in plain sight, blending in with everyone else.
Now that he knows they are aware of him being part of the community, it has narrowed their search and it's only a matter of time before LE comes to arrest him. Imo

Just quick post from my phone.
In reviewing the video clip, I believe the killer may have been wearing jeans that were too big for him. Also he seemed to have a brownish hoodie on under the other coat.
So he appeared larger on the video than he really is.
What he had under his coat is probably the weapon he used. However we only know the girls were murdered, not how.
From following cases of young victims where there are more than 1 killed, it usually takes a gun or knife to get them controllable.
Then they could've been tied up.
We don't know they were victims of sexual attack.
BG will probably not flinch at all, and may kill again.
I'm not convinced this was his first one.
Coda. Back to day 1.
Chi
I wonder if this is his first. When the first sketch came out and I was thinking someone in their late 30's to almost 50 and I thought this wasn't their first kill or, at least, they had committed sexual assaults leading up to this. Now with this younger sketch and the possibility of someone in their late teens to their 20's, I'm not leaning in that direction so much.
But IF he has committed other sexual assaults/murders I would have thought LE would have been looking into similar assaults and murders and we haven't heard of ANY connections. This makes me think he doesn't live in the area and those other possible unsolved crimes were committed elsewhere.

This is quite confusing. So LE is using the new (old) sketch with no facial hair and the video WITH facial hair. ???? This second sketch was drawn 3 days after the abduction.

When I watched the video slowly, going through it almost frame by frame, it appeared that the image of his face sometimes clears up more, due, I think, to the shadows hitting his face differently.( The picture is so blurry at times I understand now why they couldn’t enhance it more)
After seeing how the shadows play on his face my thought was that he had no facial hair. That it was the shadows in a very poor quality image that was giving us all the sense that he had a goatee or something in the picture from the bridge.

Good Morning Guys. Correct me if I am wrong but, I remember when this first happened. For some reason I remember them not suspecting fowl play at first. I would think that if it was a brutal murder that would have been determined first thing at the crime scene. (FYI any murder of little girls is brutal to me) Am I thinking the wrong information? I thought it wasn't until after the autopsy they determined they were murdered. If that was the case maybe a weapon wasn't used to kill them maybe BG wasn't carrying anything. This is just my brain going a mile a minute over this. I have not forgot about these little girls since day one and now my brain is in a whirlwind. I hope what I am trying to say came out the right way.

When the girls were missing, they initially thought they were just lost in the woods. Originally they did say no foul play was suspected, they were probably just lost. Of course they knew immediately when they were found that the most foul thing imaginable had happened.

This.
It implies a casual non-threatening relationship, and to be honest, used when a teacher who sees/knows many students can’t quite remember names at a given moment. A teacher would say “Ok guys, let’s all sit down and turn to page 27.”

A teacher would have been off on the school holiday that terrible day in February 2017 just like Abby & Libby were. Were Delphi schools off yesterday, Easter Monday? Schools in my area were out. If Delphi schools were out, the presser could have been strategically scheduled for a school holiday after inviting the public to attend. That would allow a teacher to attend. If the families were told the prep could have been a local teacher, that would be shocking and upsetting to them.

I am a teacher, and as much as this theory troubles me, it is preferable to me than the thought of a family member or LE being involved.

I feel that way also; this is a possible school employee or someone who works around children/ teenagers and is use to trying to be authoritative yet friendly. I think an older man would normally say " girls" whereas someone a bit younger would say " guys" (regardless of gender).......If my thoughts of this being a marked public service vehicle they are referring to as having been
"abandoned " those few hours is correct then what types of individuals would that suggest?
Could it have even been a school bus that had been sitting there?

Sorry guys, caffeine hasnt kicked in and my posts are reflecting that

Carter was clearly distraught, anxious and was trying to be careful with his words. There is so much more behind this. I watched this presser locally first and later watched it again online. I noticed that when he said "he may be in the room" that the officer next to him eyes darted in a specific direction and stared in that direction for sometime until Carter started talking about the family then the officers eyes changed direction as though looking now at the family.

Why would the family be so upset about the new information. I've heard that they already viewed the video, they already heard the audio. Must be something about the new drawing that has invoked so much emotion....

The video of BG looks to be an older guy and the jeans he is wearing are the type worn by an older guy. I'm sure its been mentioned before but it looks like he's wearing a fanny pack, brown on his front right side. His posture is of an older guy. The new drawing is just so contrary to what I'm seeing in the video....

he may be in the room" says to me they don’t know who it is.
Wow someone between 18 & 40!

We’ve got an unsolved crime in Aust. & the cops are forever saying “we know who you are” & “come forward before we come and get you”....4 years later still nothing.
I’m just wise to those tactics now.

I do believe yesterday was a turning point in this case.

None of the PC was a ruse meant to deceive anyone. Every word spoken, and emotion was honest, genuinely raw, and real.

I do believe they got the new sketch using Parabon, but instead of releasing that image they made a sketch from it.

I read Parabon was contacted by the media about whether they were involved in this case ,and both LE, and Parabon said 'no comment.'

Imo they want BG to believe a new witness has now come forward that saw him without his cap, and much closer up.

Imo, they want him to be on guard now, knowing he has relaxed in the last year or so, while hiding in plain sight.

I felt all along BG was from this same area, and the killer wasnt someone just passing through. I think he could have seen the girls dropped off that day, and took full advantage of the opportunity.

I also never felt he was older. I think the age range given yesterday is correct. I also never thought his clothing would only be worn by someone much older. It's pretty generic, and I've seen from young to old have the same attire.

His gait reminds of someone who has been in a motorcycle or perhaps an ATV accident causing some type of permanent injury to his leg.

I think the tips are flooding in now.

Jmo though.
When I first saw the sketch I thought it was from Parabon. But the news yesterday quoted an ISP sketch artist who said he created this sketch 3 days after the girls were discovered and he did it from a witness' description. If that is true, I'm wondering if they have consulted with Parabon and, if so, why are we not seeing a sketch attributed to them?
Of course, this new sketch could have been discounted early on - for who knows what reason - and is being used now because it matches a Parabon result. I don't think this is likely though as I would have thought LE would throw that out to the public to raise confidence in the sketch.

Haven't been on here in a while - Mollie Tibbets and the Watts family sort of did me in for a while, along with a death in the family.

The following are MOO, IMHO....

1 - Guys means NOTHING. I live in the midwest and call my daughter and her friends guys ALL. THE. TIME. It is regional.

2 - I believe the officer calling the suspect a 'coward' was a taunt.

3 - The recording really sounds to me like it has a *slight* accent? Maybe Hispanic? I don't think the sketch discounts that.

4 - There HAS to be more audio if she was recording. They are withholding it for a reason.

5 - The family has been told more. Frequently, that is the case. Asking media to leave them alone helps ensure they don't accidentally leak anything.

6 - LE knows who it is, or has a really good idea. Just need a final piece to have an airtight case.
Agree, totally a local thing, doesn't matter who you are, male or female...you "guys" is true to the area.

When the girls were missing, they initially thought they were just lost in the woods. Originally they did say no foul play was suspected, they were probably just lost. Of course they knew immediately when they were found that the most foul thing imaginable had happened.
Thank you, that must be what my brain was thinking. Thank you for the clarification.

When I heard that word, "Guys," I could picture him coming up on them and saying, "Guys, you're not allowed on this bridge. It's hazardous. You'll have to go down the hill and around the other way to get back." Or something along those lines. To me, he sounds like he said something following the word, "Guys." Then we could hear him telling them to, "Down the hill."

Two different locations (yards apart perhaps) starting with the...Guys....and later after they were all off the bridge...his instructions where to go. There definitely sounds like there is time between those two sound bites and possibly more words we can't hear (muffled as they moved and Libby is guarding her phone). MOO.
I don't think there would have been any reason for LE to hide that much video if this were the way the conversation was. IMO

IMO a change of direction means they’ve hit a brick wall.
It’s disappointing.
Yes, after I've cooled off from yesterday's intense and change-of-direction PC and then sit down with a cup of coffee to ponder this PC along with the history to find a part of me wondering about this as well. But then I'm an auditor by trade and tend to maintain a 'healthy' skepticism when going over what people say.

Last edited:
(MOO):

Religious themes in PC, especially the reference to that movie, were not only an appeal to the suspect to seek forgiveness by turning himself in, it was also a reference to what the writer of the book/movie has said: the shack is the place we construct out of our own pain. They are speculating that the suspect acted out of his own repressed pain and sees himself as alienated from God.

LE must suspect that the suspect understands and might be moved by religious references. Not every killer would be. I believe they suspect a particular individual. Someone with ties to the religious community and with some position of respect, allowing him to hide in plain sight. Perhaps he is part of the same church as the family. In any case, this is no longer about a stranger or a known oedophile or the like. This is clearly a new direction.

I wonder if they have used FBI profiler to determine plausible things about the perp based upon crime scene evidence we are not aware of.

They clearly believe he is not a psychopath/ sociopath: they see him as having the capacity to feel guilt, shame and remorse. He has been brought up religiously and is probably hiding under that persona, in my opinion. When LE asks, “how will those around you feel when they find out...”, he is banking on the belief that the perp CARES about friends, family, etc. opinions...he is capable of feeling shame. This suggests to me that when all is revealed, it will be a total mind blowing example of betrayal and shock to people.

I feel they are extremely close to making an arrest.

Last edited:
This.

A teacher would have been off on the school holiday that terrible day in February 2017 just like Abby & Libby were. Were Delphi schools off yesterday, Easter Monday? Schools in my area were out. If Delphi schools were out, the presser could have been strategically scheduled for a school holiday after inviting the public to attend. That would allow a teacher to attend. If the families were told the perp could have been a local teacher, that would be shocking and upsetting to them.

A teacher?!?! That's a scary thought. I'm not doubting your theory as it would tie into how the killer might know the girls would be at the trail if they planned this ahead of time. But while the students were off....were the teachers off that day? Was it a 'teacher work day'? We have those here in VA where the students are off, but the teachers come in and get caught up with tests, grades and lesson plans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong